best crank ever?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
best crank ever?
Posted: Nov 3, 2007 at 19:51 Quote
We could argue for hours but we'll never be able to choose one crankset that is difintively better then anything else on the market, especialy when half the people don't even bother to back up their choices with facts.

You have to take in account what each individual person is looking for in a crankset, if lightweight is your main concern then middleburn rs7's are a great choice, if you wan't all out strenght and stiffness then give saints or diablous a try. And if you wan't a good mix of all three then you can't go wrong with holzelfeller OCT's.

So yeah basicaly this is a typical pointless grom thread...

O+
Posted: Nov 3, 2007 at 20:44 Quote
ya! i experienced the same thing...but worse..the thing just seased so i ended up bying a RF diabolous bb.
HaggisOnABike wrote:
The saint cranks are good but the shimano BB isn't. My mate had his for about a month and a half and the bearing have developed play. So he took it apart greased it all put it back together and nothing had changed.Maybe it was just his though because i havn't heard this happening to anyone else.

Posted: Nov 3, 2007 at 22:06 Quote
holzefeller OCT end of thread. just kidding, theres lots of great cranks, but the oct is probably my favourite, i thikn im in loveSmile

O+
Posted: Nov 7, 2007 at 11:13 Quote
RF Diabolus 165mm...ya they are heavy, but they are strong and when I land f'ed up or ram a crank arm into a rock when cranking down the track I know they are going to still be there. 3 years and counting on mine, only upgrade is running Enduro BB bearing

Posted: Nov 7, 2007 at 11:28 Quote
RaceFace Turbine LP's! I am STILL beating the piss out of my square tapers. This is my vote for the best crank ever, though not the best DH crank ever. The Turbine did everything pretty well, and it did XC better than anything I have ridden yet, including ISIS, Howitzer and X-type systems.

Posted: Nov 7, 2007 at 11:59 Quote
to me RaceFace will always be the top brand

Posted: Nov 7, 2007 at 12:07 Quote
Saints are dirt-cheap these days compared to Diabolus, but if money is no objection...

Posted: Nov 7, 2007 at 14:33 Quote
dylaine420 wrote:
HaggisOnABike wrote:
The saint cranks are good but the shimano BB isn't. My mate had his for about a month and a half and the bearing have developed play. So he took it apart greased it all put it back together and nothing had changed.Maybe it was just his though because i havn't heard this happening to anyone else.
thats the same thing thats happened to my GT

and on my bike too!!

Posted: Nov 7, 2007 at 14:36 Quote
miltonkona wrote:
you have all overlooked profile! they are easily the best cranks ever. And holzfellers are shit i killed a set in a month - although i am a hack ha

Yeah definatley gotta go with you ont the three piece profiles here

Posted: Nov 7, 2007 at 14:43 Quote
race face diabolus

Posted: Nov 7, 2007 at 14:49 Quote
truvativ holzfeller OCT team cranks are sick, and Saints are superb aswell. those ar my top 2.

Posted: Nov 7, 2007 at 14:56 Quote
I really like Shimano XT for AM/xc duty, but the Shimano Hone(lx) is a great AM crank at a rock bottom unbeatable value.

For bling appeal alone, I like Saints on a DH bike.,But I'm running Race Face Evolve on my gravity bike, cause the price was right at the end of the season sale. They're pretty freaking stiff.

O+
Posted: Nov 7, 2007 at 14:58 Quote
well i use bmx cranks for freeride and a little bit oh dh
and preffer the deity cranks overall

Posted: Nov 7, 2007 at 17:07 Quote
profile with ti spindle and ti bolts are the sickest crank, set plus the ti gives it an extra pimpness

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.056685
Mobile Version of Website