best crank ever?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
best crank ever?
Posted: Jan 2, 2008 at 14:07 Quote
monkeyboyjc wrote:
i new i'd get hate for opening my mouth.....

softlad 1993 - open sarcasm brakets "you, nah i'd never have guessed your 14" close sarcasm brackets.
i'm not jealous, and i'm not picking on you personaly.
i could have bought saints many times in the last few years, i've actually recently 'downgraded' to hones from some evolves (as you can see by the my bikes posted on here). The reasons being that the evolves were to ott for me. And yes i admit i'm not the best rider out there, or the worst.
oh and...
You sound like a little 14 year old kid, shut your mouth!

Marquis - yes i'm 29, if you've ever snapped a pair of cranks (not bb's) then fair enough, if not then in my opinion XT's are just as good.

im not hating anyone,and i love xt parts but i have also seen a few cranks with stripped pedal threads also.

Posted: Jan 2, 2008 at 14:07 Quote
No i wont shut my mouth you know im right what im saying you dont have to be no pro to have good stuff on your bike anyone can have anything on their bike as long as its what they wan so dont come here saying o ye 14 year olds this 14 year olds that and xt`s this and that get a grip you loser.

Posted: Jan 2, 2008 at 14:09 Quote
softlad1993 wrote:
No i wont shut my mouth you know im right what im saying you dont have to be no pro to have good stuff on your bike anyone can have anything on their bike as long as its what they wan so dont come here saying o ye 14 year olds this 14 year olds that and xt`s this and that get a grip you loser.

lolBig Grin

theres just no reasoning with some people......

Posted: Jan 2, 2008 at 14:10 Quote
Why start saying all that then about other people then

Posted: Jan 2, 2008 at 14:17 Quote
marquis wrote:
Muttley wrote:
the reason there are quite a few 14 year olds is often that they are running frames with 83mm bb shells, and the only External bb options for those are saint M605 or diabolous, or possibly FSA gravity, and due the the fact saints are about £100 cheaper than the other two, theres your reason.

how many frames are out there running 83mm bb shells not that many thats for sure.

of all the saint cranks i have seen they were on 68-73mm shells.

saints are cheap solid and reliable.

Most frames with 150 rear ends that want a decent chainline....anyway lets not get pedantic, when i said quite a few it should mean several, as i am 14, and have opted for hones seeing as they are a better option as im lighter, and dont go as big, and they have suited me fine , but i will upgrade to saints when i get my glory frame,(83mm).
i do see peoples points when they see kids thinkin, i do dee hach now, i gotta get like, da strongest cranks coz i go well big an all, omg'd ex tees and ell ex's is for cross countriers coz they not got dh next to the name.
it is a very fair point and this is probably the largest reason, but this thread is about the BEST cranks ever, and if you remove price from the equation diabolous wins, my friend runs them on his demo and they are disturbingly stiff.

Posted: Jan 2, 2008 at 14:19 Quote
softlad1993 wrote:
Why start saying all that then about other people then

hey i'm not the one here getting all agro.

all i'm trying to say is that in my opinion to many of us buy parts baised on the 'cool' factor instead of what will make there bike work better for them as a rider.

have you EVER snapped or dammaged a pair of cranks?

if the answers no, then more than likely you dont really need saints. You may want them. But you dont need them. some xts would do you just as well.
if the answers yes, then fair enough.....

personally, i've never snapped any cranks, many bb's, but not cranks - even the old square taper type in my teens. so i dont need the latest pair of saints on my bike, i've gots hones instead (lx in black).

Posted: Jan 2, 2008 at 14:20 Quote
and for the record, personally if they made an 83mm XT/XTR it would be the best crank on earth, hands down.

Posted: Jan 2, 2008 at 14:21 Quote
Muttley wrote:
and for the record, personally if they made an 83mm XT/XTR it would be the best crank on earth, hands down.

Fab yaytup

Posted: Jan 2, 2008 at 14:22 Quote
I havent snapped cranks but i ruined the pedal threads inside of an old pair of xt cranks . And i didnt really choose to have saints on my bike they were on there when i bought it so i didnt really ask for them but theyre goood and having cool factor on your bike makes it look good so it makes you feel good too.Its better than riding some old shed that looks poo!

Posted: Jan 2, 2008 at 14:22 Quote
And yeah maybe some xt`s would do me but the real question is do i like xt`s or want em?

Posted: Jan 2, 2008 at 14:25 Quote
softlad1993 wrote:
So what buy something that is ugly and boring to look at? Confused

You make alot of sense man (sarcasm) Confused

Pimp

Buy based on performance. Form after function.

Posted: Jan 2, 2008 at 14:27 Quote
Yeah i guess so but if there were two products with equally based performance and one was ugly to look at and one wasnt and they were the same price which one would you buy? Im not saying buy cool looking stuff but good quality cool looking stuff.

Posted: Jan 2, 2008 at 14:32 Quote
softlad1993 wrote:
Yeah i guess so but if there were two products with equally based performance and one was ugly to look at and one wasnt and they were the same price which one would you buy? Im not saying buy cool looking stuff but good quality cool looking stuff.

you have a point there as saints can be had for xt money.

Posted: Jan 2, 2008 at 14:34 Quote
softlad1993 wrote:
So what buy something that is ugly and boring to look at? Confused

You make alot of sense man (sarcasm) Confused

Pimp

wow, what an idiot.

Bikes are for riding, not for looking at, buy parts for preformance NOT looks. Seriously way to make yourself look like the biggest poser I've ever seen.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016229
Mobile Version of Website