My SX build - Work log

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
My SX build - Work log
Posted: Mar 31, 2009 at 15:43 Quote
looks dope as hell but may i ask why a 40 on a sx trail> why not a fork that would compliment the frame and rear travel better?

Posted: Mar 31, 2009 at 15:48 Quote
ctd07 wrote:
I like the pseudo saint Saintstup - A good way to bring your product up-to-date without shelling out big pennies

overall... you have a totally sweet ride!
i'm pretty sure those are real, just custom.

Posted: Mar 31, 2009 at 15:50 Quote
Mazekwon wrote:
ctd07 wrote:
I like the pseudo saint Saintstup - A good way to bring your product up-to-date without shelling out big pennies

yeah they are, just the new decals look like the newer Saints - very nice!

Posted: Mar 31, 2009 at 15:53 Quote
ctd07 wrote:
Mazekwon wrote:
ctd07 wrote:

yeah they are, just the new decals look like the newer Saints - very nice!

oh! now i see what you meant. and yeah i agree, although i don't imagine custom decals come cheap Lol

Posted: Mar 31, 2009 at 15:55 Quote
artifact wrote:
looks dope as hell but may i ask why a 40 on a sx trail> why not a fork that would compliment the frame and rear travel better?

I really only involve myself in DH. As the 40 is the most technologically advanced DH fork on the market, matches the damping and spring characteristics front and rear, and has similar travel both front and rear, I don't see there being a better combination for the riding I participate in.

The frame has a lot of potential, I am exploring the DH ability of this frame and setup.

Posted: Mar 31, 2009 at 15:57 Quote
NarrowBars wrote:
artifact wrote:

I really only involve myself in DH. As the 40 is the most technologically advanced DH fork on the market, matches the damping and spring characteristics front and rear, and has similar travel both front and rear, I don't see there being a better combination for the riding I participate in.

The frame has a lot of potential, I am exploring the DH ability of this frame and setup.
that is a good idea, i see bikes that people say can't take the DH abuse. i think it's a travel thing more than an abuse thing.

Posted: Mar 31, 2009 at 15:57 Quote
did you think about a white 40?

Posted: Mar 31, 2009 at 16:01 Quote
gooieshred wrote:

I have thought about it. I decided not to have too much of a good thing, so left the lowers grey, they also match my bars, brakes, and give some contrast to the overall bike aesthetics.

I am thinking of getting an 09 top crown and integrated step, and ti spring on the rear. Then I think I would be struggling to develope this rig any further.

Posted: Mar 31, 2009 at 16:16 Quote
NarrowBars wrote:
gooieshred wrote:

I have thought about it. I decided not to have too much of a good thing, so left the lowers grey, they also match my bars, brakes, and give some contrast to the overall bike aesthetics.

I am thinking of getting an 09 top crown and integrated step, and ti spring on the rear. Then I think I would be struggling to develope this rig any further.

I agree to both aspects. i love the look of the intergrated stem.

Posted: Mar 31, 2009 at 16:31 Quote
thats really sick! usually id comment on how the 40's are too much, but you said a specialized rep approved them, even though they void your warranty. also, you already voided the warranty by painting it, so the forks arent a big deal

anyway, looks nice! id love to see the rainbow flakes though

Posted: Mar 31, 2009 at 16:37 Quote
erik74 wrote:
thats really sick! usually id comment on how the 40's are too much, but you said a specialized rep approved them, even though they void your warranty. also, you already voided the warranty by painting it, so the forks arent a big deal

yes because the paint hold the frame togetherRolleyes ...... i hate warranty stuff like that..

Posted: Mar 31, 2009 at 16:39 Quote
NWray wrote:
erik74 wrote:

yes because the paint hold the frame togetherRolleyes ...... i hate warranty stuff like that..
many people sand down the frames, which because it takes micrometers of alu off, it causes frames to break Rolleyes

Posted: Mar 31, 2009 at 17:02 Quote
erik74 wrote:
NWray wrote:
erik74 wrote:

many people sand down the frames, which because it takes micrometers of alu off, it causes frames to break Rolleyes

yes because a few thou(one strand of hair is 3 thou) is gonna cause it to snap...Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Dead Horse Dead Horse Dead Horse Dead Horse

Posted: Mar 31, 2009 at 17:04 Quote
NWray wrote:
erik74 wrote:
NWray wrote:

yes because a few thou(one strand of hair is 3 thou) is gonna cause it to snap...
most definitely! every atom that comes with you frame is necessary. Razz

O+
Posted: Mar 31, 2009 at 17:06 Quote
By far the nicest SX Trail I have ever seen, ever. The paint job/color scheme/decal work is faaaaaar better than any bike I've ever seen, ever. That's not an exaggeration, it honestly is amazing. Awesome spec, overall awesome bike.

Awesome. I want it.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.022150
Mobile Version of Website