2009 Beacon Downhill Race, Spokane WA, Double Down Hoe Down

PB Forum :: Downhill
2009 Beacon Downhill Race, Spokane WA, Double Down Hoe Down
Posted: Mar 4, 2009 at 7:22 Quote
oh ya, probably one of the more fun races I do all year. I just hope I'll be able to make it up to this one.

Posted: Mar 4, 2009 at 18:45 Quote
The courses haven't been decide on yet but we wont be running the same course as last year thats for sure. We are going to change it up. Dont worry they will be rad.

Posted: Mar 4, 2009 at 18:50 Quote
alright cool. I actually liked the course last year. it was sweet.

Posted: Mar 4, 2009 at 21:35 Quote
when do you think the course will be known im thinking about doing it it will be my first race just want to know the course to get in a few wot runs.

Mod
Posted: Mar 4, 2009 at 21:37 Quote
I've wanted to race this race for years... and it'll have to be put off for another year. Need to get a bike together first.

Beacon is a blast to ride though! I love that place.

O+
Posted: Mar 4, 2009 at 22:05 Quote
Haha I LOVE the flyers you guy put out.. I was in my shop looking at them and the course descriptions are so funny and then you just randomly scribled some lines on there. Its RAD.
The beacon race is a super fun season opener because the course isnt super techinical, it a fast course that has super fast berm and lots of speed doubles. Assuming that they run it to the left after the step up, then the waterfall line farther down that side is the most techinical part of the entire course IMO especially the fast line that rolls right down the face of that rock field.. I have scouted that line soo many times and come race run, I am going to be sketched out by that line.. its pretty tech. but Beacon Is allways a fun venue.

And Damn, My one spot in that beacon Video I look like a total noob. Rolleyes

Posted: Mar 24, 2009 at 22:31 Quote
Bump for race week! who all's going?

Posted: Mar 24, 2009 at 23:35 Quote
1st race of the season, i'm stoked!

Posted: Mar 26, 2009 at 0:22 Quote
so how do the trails look? i assume we are going to have a muddy fun time this weekend.

Posted: Mar 26, 2009 at 14:47 Quote
online reg. ends tonight (thursday) at 6 PM and starts again on Friday morning at the event.

As Far as the trails go they where awesome this morning but rain is in the forecast for the weekend.

Posted: Mar 26, 2009 at 20:16 Quote
I'm looking to buy a real cheap all-mountain hardtail that can handle freeride and jumps

Any Suggestions?

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 17:49 Quote
Is there a list on who's entered what available?

Posted: Mar 29, 2009 at 21:13 Quote
This race was sick!!! it was me an my friends first race an it was badass, we couldnt stay for todays race (sunday) because we "thought" the passes would be closed due to the so called "foot and a half of snow" we were "supposedly" getting in the mountains haha, i have a car that does horrible in the snow, an he has a two wheel drive truck with street tires an no chains, so we decided to pack it up an head home, sucks we woke up an there was almost an inch of snow on the ground! later did we find that like 30 min out of spokane it was clear and sunny.... oh well it was totally worth going saterday. post up pics an vids!!!!

Posted: Mar 29, 2009 at 21:16 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
Haha I LOVE the flyers you guy put out.. I was in my shop looking at them and the course descriptions are so funny and then you just randomly scribled some lines on there. Its RAD.
The beacon race is a super fun season opener because the course isnt super techinical, it a fast course that has super fast berm and lots of speed doubles. Assuming that they run it to the left after the step up, then the waterfall line farther down that side is the most techinical part of the entire course IMO especially the fast line that rolls right down the face of that rock field.. I have scouted that line soo many times and come race run, I am going to be sketched out by that line.. its pretty tech. but Beacon Is allways a fun venue.

And Damn, My one spot in that beacon Video I look like a total noob. Rolleyes
lol yeah me to.Race was awesome this year guys

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.019638
Mobile Version of Website