Reformating my computer.

PB Forum :: Computers, Games & Technology
Reformating my computer.
  • Previous Page
Posted: Nov 3, 2007 at 21:41 Quote
Well i am reformating my computer. I have all the data CD's for the Mobo, Video card, Windows, etc. Only thing is, i want to keep my musics, but i can't seem to download it on my DVD. It just doesn't work.

If it helps my CD drive works with DVD and a CD.

Posted: Nov 3, 2007 at 21:43 Quote
reformatting doesn't delete any information??????? Why are you putting all your stuff on cds??

Posted: Nov 3, 2007 at 21:44 Quote
Wouldnt you be able to compress all your music to make it fit on 1 or 2 discs? I would try looking at a quick search on how to backup your music onto discs and it should help you out.

Posted: Nov 3, 2007 at 21:45 Quote
I cant remember correctly but its something like 3 or 4 Full passes to delete info off your computer, and even then it maybe still lurking on the hd.

Posted: Nov 3, 2007 at 21:47 Quote
u could just back up all your music onto a memory stick or onto a different computer

Posted: Nov 3, 2007 at 21:47 Quote
Well what ever it's called. Where you delete everything from your comp, and you reinstall everything.

Posted: Nov 3, 2007 at 21:49 Quote
I'm sorry, but I still don't clearly get what he you are trying to do? Just reformat your computer? Or store all your music on cds? what

Posted: Nov 3, 2007 at 21:50 Quote
Reformatting is deleting all of the info and sttarting again from scratch. Just try to use winrar or a simililar program to compress the music onto a rtegular cd. And if that doesn't work you could put your music on an ftp adress.

Posted: Nov 3, 2007 at 22:03 Quote
Ya i think i will just compress it and send it to my email.

Posted: Nov 3, 2007 at 23:25 Quote
bikrboij wrote:
reformatting doesn't delete any information??????? Why are you putting all your stuff on cds??
/

Technically it doesn't delete anything, just makes it not viewable by windows, then windows will re-write over the information when it needs it. Although it seems empty.

flowride312341231 wrote:
I cant remember correctly but its something like 3 or 4 Full passes to delete info off your computer, and even then it maybe still lurking on the hd.

Oh and Brian, takes about 35 full passes(writing zeros all over the disk) to make the information unviewable.

Now I dont see the problem of putting your music onto DVDs. Just burn a data dvd and have all your music put on there, if it takes more then one dvd then thats fine, whats the problem

Posted: Nov 4, 2007 at 0:14 Quote
Here's some advice to you clueless people....
Download Disk Partition Tool from http://partitionlogic.org.uk/

Resize your C:/ and then create another partition using free space

Formate the partition using NTFS with compression to save space

Move all of your music onto to the empty partition

Reformat your system.

Posted: Nov 4, 2007 at 0:16 Quote
BTW... If you want to totally get rid of your data, try format your harddrive with non-quick format way ( low level format). If you want to get your data back from quick formated harddrive or some file that you deleted, use Active Undelete. It's free and small sized and useful.

Posted: Nov 4, 2007 at 16:55 Quote
if you have an ipod that has enough storage space, you can just enable hdd use, and put everything you want to keep onto it, then when you finish the reformatt, put it all back on your compy. just like a flash drive or an external harddrive.

goodluck

Posted: Nov 4, 2007 at 18:12 Quote
I have a Ipod with 30gigz, please explain lol... Cause an ipod doesn't save, it just plays the music you have on it.

Posted: Nov 4, 2007 at 20:35 Quote
When your ipod is plugged in, go to my computer, youll see your ipod there, double click on it, make a folder called backup , drag all your files and whatever you want to back up into there.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.017275
Mobile Version of Website