A Different Take On Homelessness

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
A Different Take On Homelessness
Previous Page |
Mod
Posted: Feb 8, 2009 at 2:58 Quote
I'll check it out this evening...it's an issue close to my heart...I was homeless (rough sleeping) for 6 months when my daughter was about 18months old. Met a lot of great (and not so) great people along the way. It was about the most hopeless and difficult period of my life so far, and I wouldn't change it for the world. Smile

Mod O+
Posted: Feb 8, 2009 at 3:45 Quote
Just finished watching it. Couldn't turn it off. Nice find man!

Posted: Feb 8, 2009 at 6:37 Quote
Man, that was a great video. I actually wonder how old Fergie is doing. He was getting pretty rough near the end. Very interesting to see life from teir side. It really makes you think things over.

Posted: Feb 8, 2009 at 9:45 Quote
That was a really good video man. A lot of their morals are pretty in sync with Buddhism; not caring about material possessions, being generous to everyone. Nice find DOTKAH!

O+
Posted: Feb 8, 2009 at 11:33 Quote
OMG I've been trying to find this movie for such a long time! Awesome find! I'll let you know what I think when I'm done watching! Smile

Mod
Posted: Feb 8, 2009 at 11:35 Quote
What a beautiful film. Huge thank you for finding it Dotca. tup Salute Big Grin

Posted: Feb 8, 2009 at 13:45 Quote
That's a great film. I always enjoy documentaries. This film just re-enforces what I already know...That alot of homeless people are really kind, down to earth people.

Thanks for posting this.

Posted: Feb 8, 2009 at 14:24 Quote
Yeah, and the extreme cart racing! That was gnarly stuff.

O+
Posted: Feb 8, 2009 at 14:59 Quote
dotca wrote:
Yeah, and the extreme cart racing! That was gnarly stuff.

The best part of this whole thing is seeing these guys make the best of possibly one of the worst situations in the world.

Posted: Feb 8, 2009 at 17:14 Quote
Wow, such an eye opening film. I really have respect for those guys. If everyone could see the world like they do it would be a much better place. And that cart racing, that would take some big balls, I know I wouldn't go down a hill at 70k on the back of a shopping cart with no brakes.

Posted: Feb 8, 2009 at 19:16 Quote
This was definitely a good watch. Anymore gems?

Mod
Posted: Feb 8, 2009 at 22:48 Quote
seizureboy wrote:
This was definitely a good watch. Anymore gems?
Robert Newmans History of Oil, The Yes Men, A Class Divided, and I Know I'm Not Alone are all great, uplifting and informative. I could recommend dozens, but many are a bit heavy (The War on Democracy, Orwell Rolls in His Grave etc). I'll dig out the links if you want, don't wanna hijack the thread though. Again, many thanks for Carts of Darkness Dotca Smile

Posted: Feb 8, 2009 at 23:38 Quote
4 mins into it and got to say this is awesome....I couldn't help but laugh at the guy that crashed the cart into the car though lmao bottles and cans everywhere.

Posted: Feb 9, 2009 at 1:29 Quote
good video... enjoyed it and going to download it onto my machine for the future.

thanks Ryan for sharing. Smile

Previous Page |

Copyright © 2000 - 2023. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009699
Mobile Version of Website