A Different Take On Homelessness

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
A Different Take On Homelessness
| Next Page
Author Message
Posted: Feb 10, 2009 at 21:30 Quote
gibson19 wrote:
They'd rather be drunk then have a roof over there head... and I hate that any of my money could go to accommodating those people...

I don't think a lot of those people would "rather be drunk", I think that being drunk is the only thing preventing a lot of those people from offing themselves. They know their situation is terrible and they know that things aren't about to get better, so what's the point in cleaning up so they can get a roof over their head for the night? Either way their life is still going to be in the gutters tomorrow.

Deep down inside we all like to believe that pulling up your socks and putting in a hard enough effort will turn things around. Unfortunately in the real world that's not the case. Just try and apply for a job at something like McDonald's with probably a criminal record and either a mailing address to a homeless shelter or no mailing address at all and watch as the application gets tossed out.

Posted: Feb 10, 2009 at 21:44 Quote
StevoFS wrote:
gibson19 wrote:
I know eh... I usually rag on homeless people for being lazy... but I do realize that they are in a bad position and most are trying to be better off... However the ones who abuse drugs and alcohol give them a bad rep... I've been on various "outings" with youth groups at my old church where we'd walk around downtown and hand out sandwhiches or buy people a coffee... stuff like that... and its ridiculous how many of them declined cause they just wanted money for beer or drugs...

The one thing that bugged me about the film was how they were all complaining about the shelters not "accommodating" them or something like that... I'm assuming its probably cause you aren't allowed to drink alcohol in them... seeing as half the scenes had them sipping a beer... In new york the state has laws that says any homeless person has a right to shelter under one condition... they have to be sober... Yet they're are are still homeless people on the streets... They'd rather be drunk then have a roof over there head... and I hate that any of my money could go to accommodating those people...


But the movie was great Razz
the one guy said he doesn't like the shelter because all people do is talk about there problems and it depresses him like crazy.He has his own problems to worry about he said also.

Yep, and also remember the guy saying that he was going to rehab near the end because he knew that the beer and stuff was doing him nothing but harm?

Posted: Feb 13, 2009 at 15:33 Quote
Wow,that was amazing!I wouldn't even think of going 70km down a hill on a shopping cart!!Smile

O+
Posted: Feb 13, 2009 at 15:43 Quote
holy $#!t that some crazy $#!t right there! props to the findPimp

Posted: Feb 13, 2009 at 17:21 Quote
That was pretty cool.

Not going to lie though, I hate that my money (taxes) goes to them. I worked my ass
off to pay for school so I could get a better job and my taxes go to them? Bullshit
I also hate the fact of welfare. Most of them are lazy uneducated good for nothings.
I never give bums money. Most of the time they just waste it on drugs or alchahol anyway. f*ck em.

Posted: Feb 13, 2009 at 17:24 Quote
hrdbiker wrote:
That was pretty cool.

Not going to lie though, I hate that my money (taxes) goes to them. I worked my ass
off to pay for school so I could get a better job and my taxes go to them? Bullshit
I also hate the fact of welfare. Most of them are lazy uneducated good for nothings.
I never give bums money. Most of the time they just waste it on drugs or alchahol anyway. f*ck em.

Wow. You are wrong on so many levels about them.

Posted: Feb 13, 2009 at 17:25 Quote
dotca wrote:
hrdbiker wrote:
That was pretty cool.

Not going to lie though, I hate that my money (taxes) goes to them. I worked my ass
off to pay for school so I could get a better job and my taxes go to them? Bullshit
I also hate the fact of welfare. Most of them are lazy uneducated good for nothings.
I never give bums money. Most of the time they just waste it on drugs or alchahol anyway. f*ck em.

Wow. You are wrong on so many levels about them.

I dont have to be right. Id be just as happy if they all dropped dead. Wont get a nickel out of me. Another thing is I have to buy my needles for my diabetes while drugs addicts get free ones? f*ck that shit. We should just hand out some china pure. Cheaper and more effetive.

Posted: Feb 13, 2009 at 17:29 Quote
hrdbiker wrote:
That was pretty cool.

Not going to lie though, I hate that my money (taxes) goes to them. I worked my ass
off to pay for school so I could get a better job and my taxes go to them? Bullshit
I also hate the fact of welfare. Most of them are lazy uneducated good for nothings.
I never give bums money. Most of the time they just waste it on drugs or alchahol anyway. f*ck em.

did you even watch the hole movie?

its good what there doing. I'll admit, there are some bums who blow all there money on drugs and lie in the middle of the sidewalk with syringes and empty liquor bottles all around them, and they make the rest of them look bad. but look at what these guys were doing, they wake up at 6:30 like everyone else, they are cleaning up the environment, most of them have a few beers after, like a normal person does after work, etc.

none of them are on welfare, because you need a house to be eligible for that. if your pissed about your welfare you should be yelling at the 16 year old high school drop out moms living in crap apartments raising 3 kids with different fathers that took off that they probably had one night stands with. at most the only tax payers money that goes towards homeless people are homeless shelters, which are usually largely funded by people who donate anyways and help keep them off the streets and give them the help they need to get clean.

The money the government spends on them is nothing. they spend billions on elections just so they can have another one a few months later because they passed a hole bunch of bills that shouldn't have been and just wasting more money.

Posted: Feb 13, 2009 at 17:33 Quote
odin333 wrote:
hrdbiker wrote:
That was pretty cool.

Not going to lie though, I hate that my money (taxes) goes to them. I worked my ass
off to pay for school so I could get a better job and my taxes go to them? Bullshit
I also hate the fact of welfare. Most of them are lazy uneducated good for nothings.
I never give bums money. Most of the time they just waste it on drugs or alchahol anyway. f*ck em.

did you even watch the hole movie?

its good what there doing. I'll admit, there are some bums who blow all there money on drugs and lie in the middle of the sidewalk with syringes and empty liquor bottles all around them, and they make the rest of them look bad. but look at what these guys were doing, they wake up at 6:30 like everyone else, they are cleaning up the environment, most of them have a few beers after, like a normal person does after work, etc.

none of them are on welfare, because you need a house to be eligible for that. if your pissed about your welfare you should be yelling at the 16 year old high school drop out moms living in crap apartments raising 3 kids with different fathers that took off that they probably had one night stands with. at most the only tax payers money that goes towards homeless people are homeless shelters, which are usually largely funded by people who donate anyways and help keep them off the streets and give them the help they need to get clean.

The money the government spends on them is nothing. they spend billions on elections just so they can have another one a few months later because they passed a hole bunch of bills that shouldn't have been and just wasting more money.

I understand what your saying but I cant tell the difference between the drug addicts and the ones who arent so they all get nothing.

| Next Page

 
Copyright © 2000 - 2023. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012713
Mobile Version of Website