STP with 24s

• Next Page
Posted: Sep 25, 2007 at 15:19 Quote
spongebomb wrote:
luke24 wrote:
milanboez wrote:
24's ride way better than 26 for jumping, park and that. how do u not know anyone with 24' wheels!?! pretty much what everyone rides in the uk. generally though 24's on a 26' frame doesnt work that well cus ull be too close to the ground and the chainstays would be kinda long.

im moving to the city, and all i usually ride is freeride and DH, everybody i ride with rides big bikes almost exclusively. starting to like the idea, plus 24s are far stronger, and i go through wheels at a crazy rate

24" wheels aren't stronger, it all depends on what rims/spokes you got

actually it depends on the quality of the wheelbuild. also smaller wheel = stronger wheel, if same designs and materials apply

Posted: Sep 26, 2007 at 3:48 Quote
luke24 wrote:
spongebomb wrote:
luke24 wrote:

im moving to the city, and all i usually ride is freeride and DH, everybody i ride with rides big bikes almost exclusively. starting to like the idea, plus 24s are far stronger, and i go through wheels at a crazy rate

24" wheels aren't stronger, it all depends on what rims/spokes you got

actually it depends on the quality of the wheelbuild. also smaller wheel = stronger wheel, if same designs and materials apply

in theory that's true, but in reality it doesn't matter

Posted: Sep 27, 2007 at 5:51 Quote
... yes it does. it makes a big difference.

Posted: Sep 27, 2007 at 6:08 Quote
hey

i run 24's on my 05 stp totally custom and the bike rides soooo much sweeter than it did with 26's the bb is a little low on mine but u get used to it id deffinatly get some if i were u! will put up some pics of mine later if u want.

good luck

Posted: Sep 27, 2007 at 17:50 Quote
just a question but does a 24 inch wheel have a kigher roatating wieght or heavier and i like 24a alot more they will make u sin faster etc u just gotta be care ful wit some things or ur pedals will hit the ground

Posted: Jun 3, 2009 at 21:37 Quote
ya i ride fine on my 08 stp frame with 26's on trails, park, and street but iv been thinkin about goin 24's cuz it seems like youd have alot more control. and im not a very big guy, so i thought it would be perfect for me.
but i think it will look ugly and might be a big differance in how it feels

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010751
Mobile Version of Website