Team?

• Previous Page
O+
Posted: Feb 10, 2009 at 19:36 Quote
I have been considering getting a little team together with a few friends. But what I don't want which is already seeming to happen is as soon as you say team everyone gets super serious right away. I was thinking of doing this just as kind of a group thing not so everyone starts to get so serious that most of the fun gets drained out of it. So basically the point of this thread is to get your opinions on if you were to start/join a DH race team would you rather have it be super serious or just kinda a casual thing with a bunch of friends? I kinda want to do it just for the sake of it being able to have that team or club name by your name on the registry sheet. Basically I'm trying to find out if it will be worth the effort and if there will be any gain. I want to get just that kinda team atmosphere going, without having it so serious.

Ryan

(I have no idea if what I mean to sat is actually coming out as I mean it to id some one can word it better please do I'm horrid at writing stuff out)

Posted: Feb 10, 2009 at 19:56 Quote
Teams are fun. I'm not offically on one but a bunch of guys I ride with are on the same team which I'm hopefully going to try and join this season. Bascially it's pretty relaxed and fun. You don't have to win podium or be good to be on (even though most of them are) but we travel to the same races and ride on the weekends.

Posted: Feb 10, 2009 at 19:57 Quote
Dude i am getting a DH bike this month and i would join but i dont knwo anyone.So........

Posted: Feb 10, 2009 at 20:02 Quote
I personaly would want to be more serious about it...but there would have to be some flexability in it...for example not everyone has allot of freetime and for instance someone might have 2 jobs...How I kind of seeing it be would haveing set dates for training and whatnot. mabey once twice a week or what everyone can comeup with...but for actual races then u might wanna ask for a day off work lol or call your school n say ur sick or sumthin

O+
Posted: Feb 10, 2009 at 20:02 Quote
dualslalom wrote:
Dude i am getting a DH bike this month and i would join but i dont knwo anyone.So........

So what you want inlol My idea is still in the planning/contemplating stage nothing is for sure yet. See one of the as it was just said above just a group of guys that travel together/ride together on weekends is basically the feel im goin for but as it was just said recently I was talking to one of the guys that would be included is he said alot of the people we ride with shouldnt be in it there useless and would be embaressing to ride with at the races.
This is what I dont want I don't necisarilly care how you ride to a point I want to get a group of good guys together more so a good attitude group that is looking to progress with a bunch of other people I dont want any of beofre a race guys getting stressed about a podium finish or not.

Ryan

Posted: Feb 10, 2009 at 20:06 Quote
veet-88 wrote:
dualslalom wrote:

So what you want inlol My idea is still in the planning/contemplating stage nothing is for sure yet. See one of the as it was just said above just a group of guys that travel together/ride together on weekends is basically the feel im goin for but as it was just said recently I was talking to one of the guys that would be included is he said alot of the people we ride with shouldnt be in it there useless and would be embaressing to ride with at the races.
This is what I dont want I don't necisarilly care how you ride to a point I want to get a group of good guys together more so a good attitude group that is looking to progress with a bunch of other people I dont want any of beofre a race guys getting stressed about a podium finish or not.

Ryan

K ill second that one lol...i see the point of more of a lay`d back kinda team/group but how would u choose whos in and whos out? votes or is there like a leader... and what about funds...say for gas unless u have your own car like most ppl Frown lol
are there jerseys?

Posted: Feb 10, 2009 at 20:06 Quote
veet-88 wrote:
dualslalom wrote:

Ryan
I've only done one race which was last summer but have been doing dh for a while. Basically don't have a team with a bunch of people that will finish dead last. For many of us it was the first race and we raced sport and finished podium. If you start a team, you still want to be aware of the skill as a team. Check out www.syndromeracing.com for an idea of the team.

O+
Posted: Feb 10, 2009 at 20:11 Quote
[Quote="norcofreeridderr"]
veet-88 wrote:
dualslalom wrote:

Ryan
I've only done one race which was last summer but have been doing dh for a while. Basically don't have a team with a bunch of people that will finish dead last. For many of us it was the first race and we raced sport and finished podium. If you start a team, you still want to be aware of the skill as a team. Check out www.syndromeracing.com for an idea of the team.[/Quote

Oh yeah no thats what I mean by don't mean how you ride to a point you need to have some skill and able to ride the courses I raced most of the AB series last year till I kinda wrecked the bike a tad and couldnt fund fixing it. placed 2nd overall, But im thinking more of the atmosphere than podium going for a fun aspect more then consentrating on being number 1. Sure you want to do well but keeping laid back while doing it. Yes we plan on a team jersey if it goes down and there would you something can be worked out for traveling arangements there Creecher.

Ryan

Ryan

Posted: Feb 10, 2009 at 20:15 Quote
Yeah we were all there for a good time. We would shuttle to the top, and go in a 5 or 6 person train down the course chasing each other trying to get faster. It's really fun to ride with a group of guys at races like that.

Posted: Feb 10, 2009 at 20:38 Quote
creech wrote:
veet-88 wrote:
dualslalom wrote:

Ryan

K ill second that one lol...i see the point of more of a lay`d back kinda team/group but how would u choose whos in and whos out? votes or is there like a leader... and what about funds...say for gas unless u have your own car like most ppl Frown lol
are there jerseys?

Yeah thats awsome it be like founders would pick whos in and whos out of course but also need the votes of the other team ryders befor anyone get in or gets booted ! and yeah you guys (chris/Ryan) know there will be jerseys! FRC babby !!! oh and awsome trips to golden and moose rides permitting that is and on age i dont want to baby sit anyone so yeah dont know ????

O+
Posted: Feb 10, 2009 at 21:21 Quote
This sounds pretty cool Ryan, I would definently be up for it, but would most likely be a part time member as I do live so far away.

O+
Posted: Feb 10, 2009 at 21:22 Quote
komar wrote:
This sounds pretty cool Ryan, I would definently be up for it, but would most likely be a part time member as I do live so far away.

Yar mang your more then welcome just kinda get be in meet up at the races and such?

Ryan

O+
Posted: Feb 10, 2009 at 21:26 Quote
veet-88 wrote:
komar wrote:

Yar mang your more then welcome just kinda get be in meet up at the races and such?

Ryan

Sweet, we can rep the jerseys at ye old nitehawk lol.

O+
Posted: Feb 10, 2009 at 21:31 Quote
komar wrote:
veet-88 wrote:
komar wrote:

Ryan

Sweet, we can rep the jerseys at ye old nitehawk lol.

For sure if ya have any thoughts for jersey design or anything hit my up with PM or chat bout that good stuff on MSN.

Ryan

O+
Posted: Feb 10, 2009 at 22:32 Quote
well how would i do it lol as im in england?

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.121144
Mobile Version of Website