Hope Tech V2 problem

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Hope Tech V2 problem
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Feb 11, 2009 at 14:25 Quote
I have just fitted the Tech V2 brakes, but the front brake is real spongy compared to the back, it's like the bite is not the same Blank Stare

Posted: Feb 11, 2009 at 14:37 Quote
jayp11 wrote:
I have just fitted the Tech V2 brakes, but the front brake is real spongy compared to the back, it's like the bite is not the same Blank Stare

Bleed it. Prob just some air in the system. Cant always rely on the factory bleed even with high quality products such as Hope

Posted: Feb 11, 2009 at 14:37 Quote
Re-bleed the break then see where you get to

Posted: Feb 11, 2009 at 14:45 Quote
Yeah will do, cheers guys Smile

Posted: Feb 12, 2009 at 3:00 Quote
Also, whilst it may sound obvious, make sure that everything is absolutely straight as if it isn't, that can very easily lead to a feeling of ponginess as the effort at the lever is partially trying to force everything straight. A bleed would be my first port of call though with some fresh fluid, followed by pulling the lever tight with a zip tie once the reservoir cap is all back on (I do this regardless of brakes) before a quick top up of the fluid in the reservoir the following morning.

Posted: Feb 12, 2009 at 3:41 Quote
i had this problem with my brake a v2 and eventually after bleeding it no end of times i found that i had an older style calaper that hope will change free of charge if you send back to them. if it is a new 1 (look at the top of the calaper) it should have a small straight line engraved in it rite in the middle. if not then you need to send it back. there was a problem with them that was not recognised untill the nxt batch was developed

Posted: Feb 12, 2009 at 6:08 Quote
shacky wrote:
i had an older style calaper that hope will change free of charge if you send back to them. if it is a new 1 (look at the top of the calaper) it should have a small straight line engraved in it rite in the middle.

All Tech lever V2's will be the newer caliper. The older calipers were only fitted to the Moto V2.

Posted: Feb 12, 2009 at 19:46 Quote
Another thing to take a look at would be if your caliper is remotely centered on your disc. If your caliper is WAY off from centered, and pushing a side of the disc as opposed to the whole thing, can lead to sponginess. I'm assuming you've done this already though?

FL
Posted: Feb 16, 2009 at 10:29 Quote
if none of this works i just got some and i adjusted the bpc and they were so powerful

Posted: Jun 3, 2009 at 8:53 Quote
shacky wrote:
i had this problem with my brake a v2 and eventually after bleeding it no end of times i found that i had an older style calaper that hope will change free of charge if you send back to them. if it is a new 1 (look at the top of the calaper) it should have a small straight line engraved in it rite in the middle. if not then you need to send it back. there was a problem with them that was not recognised untill the nxt batch was developed
I have moto V2's with the original caliper, what was the problem that caused hope to replace the original caliper with the updated version? I'd really like to know if you can help enlighten me it would be much appreciated

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011147
Mobile Version of Website