Please help me on finding the right chain guide

PB Forum :: Downhill
Please help me on finding the right chain guide
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Feb 12, 2009 at 16:08 Quote
Hi, i own a 247 dark angel DH3 Pro and it has a USA bottom bracket (the big one) ive been looking at chain guides to get it, but mine doesnt have any ISCG mounts or whatever they are called do i need them? and what the hell shall i do if i do? do i even need a chain guide in the first place? and another thing is ive heard of these ISCG adpator things by E-13 and it says its for bikes without ISCG mounts but im not sure if that would fir my BB size

please help me
Ollie

Posted: Feb 12, 2009 at 16:32 Quote
go to e-13s web site and they sould have a BB mount that is that size. And look at there LG1 chain guide2 cents tup

Posted: Feb 14, 2009 at 5:39 Quote
gofaster1000 wrote:
go to e-13s web site and they sould have a BB mount that is that size. And look at there LG1 chain guide2 cents tup
thanks a lot. but will that fit a bike that doesnt have any mounts? Frown

Posted: Feb 14, 2009 at 5:41 Quote
tuxedo wrote:
gofaster1000 wrote:
thanks a lot. but will that fit a bike that doesnt have any mounts? Frown

yes as with all e13 iscg old chainguides you get a adapter plate to fit it.

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.cambriabike.com/Images/product/e13_universal_iscg_adapter_plate.jpg

Posted: Feb 14, 2009 at 19:55 Quote
Get an E.13 guide! I would go with the LG1 and all guides come with the adapter and all the right mounting bolts and what not. just ordered a new one and you will have no problem. the way that the adapter thing works is you take the BB out and put in flush up against the frame and mount the BB. the BB should hold the adapter on but make sure that you have the holes on the adapter where you mount the chain guide to in the right places that you need them to be. or you can have your local DH shop do it and you should have no problems.

O+
Posted: Feb 14, 2009 at 20:00 Quote
MRP all the way, you will never drop a chain.

Posted: Feb 14, 2009 at 20:06 Quote
srhrider07 wrote:
MRP all the way, you will never drop a chain.

Go thing MRP copy's everything the e.13 does. haven't you noticed that MRP is always a year behind what E.13 comes out with? doesn't the MRP guide g2 guide kind of look like and LG1?

O+
Posted: Feb 14, 2009 at 20:11 Quote
But at least you won't look like every 14 year old poser who runs an e13. I dont really like the LG1 or G2 design anyway. If you think about it its putting all the force of the impact straight onto your bottom bracket where it mounts to the frame. With rollers and a bash ring the impact goes to the ring, I know its light so WC racers use it but is it really good for the rest of us who cant get new frames all the time?

Posted: Feb 14, 2009 at 20:26 Quote
gamut
-very light
-reliable
-looks good

Posted: Feb 14, 2009 at 21:01 Quote
srhrider07 wrote:
But at least you won't look like every 14 year old poser who runs an e13. I dont really like the LG1 or G2 design anyway. If you think about it its putting all the force of the impact straight onto your bottom bracket where it mounts to the frame. With rollers and a bash ring the impact goes to the ring, I know its light so WC racers use it but is it really good for the rest of us who cant get new frames all the time?

This is very true. but have you seen the new SRS? it is 5 grams heavier then the old LG1 and looks bad ass. but if you hit the guide a lot you dont just run the risk of fing up you chain ring but also your cranks. that could also be a race run end mistake.
but i am rockin the new SRS on an M6 because of the low BB. but here is a link to a pic on Dirt Mag

Check it:
http://dirtmag.co.uk/news/category/products/exclusivenew-e13-chain-device/dirt-1234476.html

Posted: Feb 15, 2009 at 3:52 Quote
skiforfree33 wrote:
srhrider07 wrote:

This is very true. but have you seen the new SRS? it is 5 grams heavier then the old LG1 and looks bad ass. but if you hit the guide a lot you dont just run the risk of fing up you chain ring but also your cranks. that could also be a race run end mistake.
but i am rockin the new SRS on an M6 because of the low BB. but here is a link to a pic on Dirt Mag

Check it:
http://dirtmag.co.uk/news/category/products/exclusivenew-e13-chain-device/dirt-1234476.html

thats what im waiting for the new srs.Salute

Posted: Feb 15, 2009 at 7:01 Quote
marquis wrote:
skiforfree33 wrote:
srhrider07 wrote:

Check it:

I still can make up my mind. the new SRS or LG1. both are sick guide, but i have had way more problems with an SRS

thats what im waiting for the new srs.Salute

Posted: Feb 15, 2009 at 7:06 Quote
I am also looking at a chain guide and what i think im going with is a MRP my dad has a MRP and it works great plus it looks pretty slick too.. but like someone said up a couple comments it does seem like mrp is one year behind of E-13. And of course the other option is a E-13 wich will cost alot but atleast then youll look like everyone else!2 cents

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011258
Mobile Version of Website