RockShox Vivid 5.1

PB Forum :: Downhill
RockShox Vivid 5.1
Posted: Feb 13, 2009 at 15:30 Quote
Hey Guys, I am wanting to get a new vivid for my bike, devinci 8 flat 8 year 05. I believe its the best and cheapest good shock (rear) out there for right now. Anyone got this shock on a devinci ollie/simillar bike? Its a freeride/dh bike Smile Thanks Ya'll

Posted: Feb 13, 2009 at 15:37 Quote
Bump^^Name Change^^

FL
Posted: Feb 13, 2009 at 15:45 Quote
vivids are f*cking mint but quite unreliable.
and also they aren't as cheap as you may think as they don't come with mounting hardware or a spring usually. but they do feel lush

Posted: Feb 13, 2009 at 15:47 Quote
i'd still go with fox, since they have history and a reliable

Posted: Feb 13, 2009 at 15:47 Quote
extremedhracer wrote:
and also they aren't as cheap as you may think as they don't come with mounting hardware or a spring usually. but they do feel lush
Unreliable? How??I heard they were really tunable and great for like 450$ plus a spring...

Posted: Feb 13, 2009 at 15:48 Quote
i've heard about many many borken vivids

Posted: Feb 13, 2009 at 15:49 Quote
oh... Ok, haven't heard about that lol. One of my friends has it, says its realllly good. IF not vivid, fox dhx 5.0 coil or air is better for dh? I'd say coil?

FL
Posted: Feb 13, 2009 at 15:50 Quote
jayjeff333 wrote:
extremedhracer wrote:
Unreliable? How??I heard they were really tunable and great for like 450$ plus a spring...
they break and alot of people blow the seels quite often too.
as for tuneability, they have a lot of ajustments but they are mainly gimics, 99.9% of people wouldnt be ableto get the settings right for themselves so they are genrally a hinderance

Posted: Feb 13, 2009 at 15:50 Quote
jayjeff333 wrote:
oh... Ok, haven't heard about that lol. One of my friends has it, says its realllly good. IF not vivid, fox dhx 5.0 coil or air is better for dh? I'd say coil?
yup, coil deffo. you cant go wrong with any fox fork/shock
so why not, get a dhx5... and have it pushed! lol

Posted: Feb 13, 2009 at 15:51 Quote
extremedhracer wrote:
jayjeff333 wrote:
extremedhracer wrote:
as for tuneability, they have a lot of ajustments but they are mainly gimics, 99.9% of people wouldnt be ableto get the settings right for themselves so they are genrally a hinderance
Ahh good to know, so if you had to buy a rear shock right now, what would you get? For DH??

Posted: Feb 13, 2009 at 15:52 Quote
sie7e wrote:
jayjeff333 wrote:
Sorry, "Pushed"..?

FL
Posted: Feb 13, 2009 at 15:52 Quote
jayjeff333 wrote:
extremedhracer wrote:
jayjeff333 wrote:

Ahh good to know, so if you had to buy a rear shock right now, what would you get? For DH??
a vivid coz i have them on both my dh bikes and they are good till they break, and then i hve someone to fix them for me Smile

Posted: Feb 13, 2009 at 15:53 Quote
Lol, how do you like it? And i know it'll break, so everyone says lol.. Maybe this season, they'll be better

Posted: Feb 13, 2009 at 15:54 Quote
jayjeff333 wrote:
sie7e wrote:
jayjeff333 wrote:
Sorry, "Pushed"..?
its a special company that customizes forks and shox
its quite famous arond here, look it up

FL
Posted: Feb 13, 2009 at 15:55 Quote
i love it on my sundays, smooth through the travel. If you do get one i would suggest getting someone to set it up for you so you get the best out of it

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009266
Mobile Version of Website