RockShox Vivid 5.1

PB Forum :: Downhill
RockShox Vivid 5.1
Posted: May 4, 2010 at 6:00 Quote
marquis wrote:
g-dhmtb9 wrote:
Its an okay shock so far I can't get it tuned right its great on jumps and drops but Its just not smooth over small bumps and rocks.

I had the total opposite,great on small stuff absolutely useless for bigger stuff.

Put some more air in.

Posted: May 4, 2010 at 6:55 Quote
willsoffe wrote:
marquis wrote:
g-dhmtb9 wrote:
Its an okay shock so far I can't get it tuned right its great on jumps and drops but Its just not smooth over small bumps and rocks.

I had the total opposite,great on small stuff absolutely useless for bigger stuff.

Put some more air in.

Pretty sure the air is none adjustable,vivid lacks high speed compression nothing more nothing less.

Posted: May 10, 2010 at 14:16 Quote
marquis wrote:
willsoffe wrote:
marquis wrote:

Put some more air in.

Pretty sure the air is none adjustable,vivid lacks high speed compression nothing more nothing less.

Pretty sure you're actually talking out of your arse.

Perhaps try reading the manual of a part before you post in a thread designed to inform people about it, rather than being 'pretty sure'

Page 89:
http://www.sram.com/_media/techdocs/2008%20RockShox%20Technical%20Manual%20web.pdf

Sure RS give a 'reccommended' pressure but I'm willing to bet that you can go over/under the reccommended pressure by 10psi w/o damaging anything.

I'd add/subtract 10psi depending on what you need and go from there...

If you want a look at the part or adapter, look here:
https://www.pinkbike.com/news/2008RockShoxvivid51.html

Posted: May 11, 2010 at 2:13 Quote
^^^ My arse although very nice and perp hasn't evolved yet so i can't be speaking out of it,if you had took the time to read my post properly you would understand that i said the shock air pressure was none adjustable,i never once said it didn't have air in it.

photo

The vivid is in fact a set pressure and none adjustable like the dhx series of shocks.

Posted: May 11, 2010 at 3:27 Quote
marquis wrote:
^^^ My arse although very nice and perp hasn't evolved yet so i can't be speaking out of it,if you had took the time to read my post properly you would understand that i said the shock air pressure was none adjustable,i never once said it didn't have air in it.

photo

The vivid is in fact a set pressure and none adjustable like the dhx series of shocks.

It is adjustable; you can attach a pump to it and put in whatever pressure you like.

Rockshox recommend a certain pressure. There is no warning sign or advisory guidance NOT to go over/ under that pressure.

Posted: May 11, 2010 at 3:40 Quote
I think we will agree to disagree on this one fella,if it were adjustable rockshox would state it in the manual.

Posted: May 11, 2010 at 12:25 Quote
willsoffe wrote:
marquis wrote:

photo

It is adjustable; you can attach a pump to it and put in whatever pressure you like.

Rockshox recommend a certain pressure. There is no warning sign or advisory guidance NOT to go over/ under that pressure.

go change the pressure then go and complain to rock shox after riding for awhile that it doesnt work too well

its not giving you a range of pressures, its giving you _one_ pressure, which means its meant to be run at that pressure

Posted: May 11, 2010 at 12:35 Quote
I agree with the two above posts, I obviously run a Vivid shock and (unusually for a male) read the manual very carefully as soon as I got it, never got the impression that the shock was supposed to be used between a range of pressures. If I'm wrong at least I'm not the only one!

Posted: May 11, 2010 at 16:12 Quote
How much psi does it come stock from the factory?

Posted: May 11, 2010 at 17:34 Quote
fantaman wrote:

200psi for a 5.1
and 230psi for a 4.1 iirc

Posted: May 19, 2010 at 6:51 Quote
I'm about to service my vivid, not the first time but I dont have access to 3 wt anymore Frown
Does anyone know if it would be OK to use the 2.5 wt thats also offered by RS?

Posted: Jan 7, 2011 at 6:44 Quote
Hi, just wondering, would a 3" x 250Lbs x 162mm Free Length spring fit a 240 x 76mm shock?

Cheers

Posted: Jan 7, 2011 at 7:02 Quote
ThEGr33k wrote:
Hi, just wondering, would a 3" x 250Lbs x 162mm Free Length spring fit a 240 x 76mm shock?

Cheers

yes a 3'' stroke spring fits a 240mm shock

Posted: Jan 7, 2011 at 7:04 Quote
willsoffe wrote:
fantaman wrote:

200psi for a 5.1
and 230psi for a 4.1 iirc

200psi is a bit too much for my weight,i think i would drop it to 110psi

Posted: Jan 7, 2011 at 7:20 Quote
fantaman wrote:
ThEGr33k wrote:

Cheers

yes a 3'' stroke spring fits a 240mm shock

Ah cheers,

it was more the freelength that I was wondering. All I can find on the subject is that Rockshox call their springs 222/240, so you know which shock they fit, not the springs free length and all after markets quote free length ha. So much stuff in biking is as clear as mud with little info around to explain it seems...

Cheers for info!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014354
Mobile Version of Website