PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
saint hubs and fox 40
  • Next Page
Posted: Feb 14, 2009 at 10:20 Quote
Hope mini's are IS mount.

Posted: Feb 14, 2009 at 10:23 Quote
segt wrote:
Hope mini's are IS mount.
mini's have been made in post-mount for like 3 years....

Posted: Feb 14, 2009 at 11:55 Quote
magura, shimano, hopes all use to be IS mount. btw, the center lock to 6 bolt adapter is pretty slick, then you could run any brakes you would like. but if you don't like that idea the shimano brakes are great.

Posted: Feb 14, 2009 at 16:38 Quote
i have saint hubs f+r and run the 8" saint rotors (which i think look awesome) with hayes 9's on a 55 (post mount) with no issues. as far as i know you should be able to run any kind of brake you want, with the proper adapters. Are you worried about the compatablity with the rotors?

Posted: Feb 14, 2009 at 20:16 Quote
jonbikes wrote:
I am fully aware of the difference between post mount and IS.

Stop and think about what I said, come back to me when you find a calliper that is not post mount other than a boxxer mount hope calliper.

Here you go. A m975 XTR Caliper with a direct I.S. mount. Now think about what you just said.

http://www.pedalon.co.uk/acatalog/xtr_m975_disc_caliper_rear.jpg

Posted: Feb 15, 2009 at 6:04 Quote
fr33ryder wrote:
jonbikes wrote:
I am fully aware of the difference between post mount and IS.

Stop and think about what I said, come back to me when you find a calliper that is not post mount other than a boxxer mount hope calliper.

Here you go. A m975 XTR Caliper with a direct I.S. mount. Now think about what you just said.

http://www.pedalon.co.uk/acatalog/xtr_m975_disc_caliper_rear.jpg

We have a winner, and by the way, I wasn't trying to be an ass about it.

Clearly there are going to be exceptions to every rule, but would you not agree with me that, generally speaking, a calliper is a post mount design? That is the point I am trying to get across. Hayes brakes are post mount, Avid's are post mount, for the most part, Shimano is post mount.

O+
Posted: Feb 15, 2009 at 9:07 Quote
Snaked! I tried to post a picture of some shimano brakes that mount direct to the non post style. And even though they are older, there are a lot out there, and a lot of cheap copies. Setup sucks. You need to use shims to get them right, but then they are lighter and stiffer. But only by 1/2 a nano blivet lighter, for all the hassle. Hence the progression to better things.

But shimano used to offer all models of brake with the standard mount OR this direct system.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012078
Mobile Version of Website