Post up your build plans!

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Post up your build plans!
Posted: Sep 24, 2017 at 11:04 Quote
Looking good, always like a raw finish

Posted: Sep 24, 2017 at 12:24 Quote
Building up a new bike so I thought id share, brought a few bits over from my old bike like the wheels, peddles and chain guide. Frame I got second hand on here, I wasn't a big fan of the matt black so I've resprayed it in a Porsche Root Beer Candy also incorporating the decals into the paint to get rid of the decals. Its been a bit of a slow build due to funds really but I wanted to do it properly first time round and I'm about 90% there now... The parts in bold are what's left to pick up.

Frame: Nicolai Mojo Geometron G16
Headset: Hope Black
Bottom Bracket: Hope 30mm Black
Fork: Fox 36 Factory 170mm RC2
Shock: Float X2
Seatpost: Fox Transfer 150mm Factory
Seatpost Lever: Wolftooth Remote
Saddle: ???
Seat clamp: Hope bolt up Black
Stem: Raceface Turbine R 35 (32mm)
Bars: Raceface Next R 35mm 800
Grips: Renthal Ultra Tacky
Brakes: Hope Tech 3 E4 Black
Rotors: Hope 203/180 2 piece 
Cranks: Raceface SixC
Chainring: Raceface Cinch 34
Chain Device: One Up w/Bash Guard
Shifter: Sram Eagle GX
Derailleur: Sram Eagle GX
Chain: Sram Eagle GX
Cassette: Sram Eagle GX
Hubs: Chris King
Rims: ENVE M70
F Tyre: Schwalbe Hans Dampf

Mojo Geometron G16 Long Custom Painted

Nicolai Mojo G16

Flat and Polishing NICOLAI logo

SRAM Eagle GX

Making sure the rims fit

Posted: Sep 24, 2017 at 12:50 Quote
Maxxxxxx wrote:
Building up a new bike so I thought id share, brought a few bits over from my old bike like the wheels, peddles and chain guide. Frame I got second hand on here, I wasn't a big fan of the matt black so I've resprayed it in a Porsche Root Beer Candy also incorporating the decals into the paint to get rid of the decals. Its been a bit of a slow build due to funds really but I wanted to do it properly first time round and I'm about 90% there now... The parts in bold are what's left to pick up.

Nicolai Mojo G16

Flat and Polishing NICOLAI logo

SRAM Eagle GX

Making sure the rims fit

saddlewise i'd recommend getting a seat fitting at a spesh concept store and trying a specialized power seat, they're supposed to be mint, a few of my buddies run them and really right them, tried one of their bikes and it's so good you barely notice it underneath you. other than that, burgtec clouds are pretty good, after the break in period where you get used to the initial firmnes,, it becomes comfy as anything. (well other than a time trial saddle like a power)

Posted: Sep 24, 2017 at 13:10 Quote
MattGreenwood wrote:
Maxxxxxx wrote:

saddlewise i'd recommend getting a seat fitting at a spesh concept store and trying a specialized power seat, they're supposed to be mint, a few of my buddies run them and really right them, tried one of their bikes and it's so good you barely notice it underneath you. other than that, burgtec clouds are pretty good, after the break in period where you get used to the initial firmnes,, it becomes comfy as anything. (well other than a time trial saddle like a power)

Thanks, appreciate the feedback. Saddle choice is always difficult which is why I left it blank for now. Ill check out if there's any places local to me.

O+
Posted: Nov 1, 2017 at 19:43 Quote
I have the 2018 Rockey Mountain Altitude alloy 50. I want to upgrade to a nicer wheel set I’m looking to have the rims be DT Swiss EX 511’s or 471’s. I’m undecided on hubs but I9 and dt’s 350’s look nice. Any recommendations for my hub? I do aggressive all Mountain/ enduro ridding and I don’t have a ton of money to spend.
Thanks

Posted: Nov 1, 2017 at 20:57 Quote
bike2850 wrote:
I have the 2018 Rockey Mountain Altitude alloy 50. I want to upgrade to a nicer wheel set I’m looking to have the rims be DT Swiss EX 511’s or 471’s. I’m undecided on hubs but I9 and dt’s 350’s look nice. Any recommendations for my hub? I do aggressive all Mountain/ enduro ridding and I don’t have a ton of money to spend.
Thanks
Hope pro4

Posted: Nov 3, 2017 at 10:26 Quote
[/Quote]Hope pro4[/Quote]
Second on the Hopes. I have pro2's and they're great!

O+
Posted: Nov 3, 2017 at 11:35 Quote
I heard the bearing quality goes bad after a while on the pro 4's was that only on old models or has it happened to you?

Posted: Nov 3, 2017 at 11:38 Quote
bike2850 wrote:
I heard the bearing quality goes bad after a while on the pro 4's was that only on old models or has it happened to you?

Can't speak for pro4's but I have a set of hopes on my DJ bike which are pushing 10 years old now, haven't been touched once and still going strong.

O+
Posted: Nov 3, 2017 at 11:45 Quote
Nah the bearings are all good in the pro 4s

Besides they sound insane

Posted: Nov 3, 2017 at 11:50 Quote
bike2850 wrote:
They're built in England so they're designed to run in lots of mud and grime. But I would still check them every time the bike gets maintenance. I have a year on mine, haven't opened them up yet but so far no issues.

O+
Posted: Nov 3, 2017 at 20:32 Quote
Thanks for all the information

O+
Posted: Nov 5, 2017 at 9:16 Quote
saskskier wrote:
Building up a Canfield Bros Riot. Some of the build will be stuff I really want. Some will be stuff I can find deals on.

Frame: XL Canfield Riot w/
Shock: CC DBAir CS
Fork: Rockshox Yari RC 29 Boost (currently at 160, but will drop to 150)
Headset: FSA
Stem: Straightline 35mm
Bar: Chromag Fubar OSX
BB: Rotor
Groupset: SRAM GX 1x11
Crank: Race Face Turbine cinch w/ Race Face 30t chainring (possibly trying an oval chainring in the future)
Pedals: undecided
Seatpost: Brand-X Ascend XL (150mm)
Saddle: Ergon
Brakes: Shimano Zee w/ 203mm rotors
Wheelset: Hope Pro 2 EVO laced to Octane One Solar (30mm internal width)
Tires: Maxxis 2.5DHF/2.4DHR

As it stands right now. Trying to figure out what the next step will be, but I'm thinking I'm going to build my wheels next.

photo

As she stands right now. Dropper is on it's way. Just need pedals, a seat, a bar clamp for the shifter, wheels built, a couple things trimmed and summer to come back.

photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.026027
Mobile Version of Website