PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
What tyres would you ride?
  • Next Page
Posted: Feb 18, 2009 at 4:56 Quote
I ride schwalbe Table Tops

Posted: Feb 18, 2009 at 9:32 Quote
DJer360 wrote:
good tire but the folding k-rads are pretty close to their weight. I think that the 24x2.3 folding k-rads would have good grip, I ride 2.4" holy rollers in some pretty washy stuff and they work great. Not sure if the folding k-rads come in 26" though if your riding 26s

Posted: Feb 18, 2009 at 10:00 Quote
Im runnin a Schwalbe TT on the front and a Crazy Bob on the back and i've used that combo for dirt up here so should be fine in england. Moto RTs arent bad grip-wise but i did blow an enormous hole in mine. Also, just in case anybody reccomends them... >>!!DONT TOUCH TWIN RAILS!! I had a pair and they were slidy as hell on dirt AND street/park and exploded off the rim at 70psi three times whilst out riding and once right in my face at 100psi while i was fitting a wheel Eek

Posted: Feb 18, 2009 at 12:12 Quote
mixed bag of answers. I say were like 60% street, 30% park (rampwork) and 10% dirt but on the rare dirt days, i dont mind changing the front tyre for a holyroller. Reason im asking about this because my son face planted in the bowl at rampworx on his suburban yesterday and lost his front teeth. He says it was his front tyres fault 75% and rider error 25% !!! Since im like his pit man and get the unglamorous job of fixing his ride, i want to make sure he's got decent tyres to save deforming his face any more.

Posted: Feb 18, 2009 at 12:17 Quote
mark62 wrote:
mixed bag of answers. I say were like 60% street, 30% park (rampwork) and 10% dirt but on the rare dirt days, i dont mind changing the front tyre for a holyroller. Reason im asking about this because my son face planted in the bowl at rampworx on his suburban yesterday and lost his front teeth. He says it was his front tyres fault 75% and rider error 25% !!! Since im like his pit man and get the unglamorous job of fixing his ride, i want to make sure he's got decent tyres to save deforming his face any more.

If hes doing mainly street and park then I'd reccomend using slicks. Crazy Bobs and FS100s work VERY well on park and street and are pretty good and dirt too. Thats my 2 cents

Posted: Feb 18, 2009 at 13:22 Quote
OK, crazy bobs front and rear? That was one of the tyres I was thinking off. Alot of the locals are also saying kenda sb8, get loads of grip. but these are guys who arnt using SB8 themselves so me thinks they'v not ridden them before??

Posted: Feb 18, 2009 at 15:14 Quote
bkraft wrote:
mitchmanolescu wrote:
kenda small block 8 front and kiniption rear

avoid this combo lol from the looks of it those tires may wash out and leave you on your face lol. j/k man

i ride a considerable amount of street otherwise i would say sb 8's all around.

Posted: Feb 18, 2009 at 15:28 Quote
love high rollers. had a ton of pairs. a little heavy ive heard but i could really care less. rides nice on everything from dirt to street

Posted: Feb 19, 2009 at 22:28 Quote
i ride sb8 on the front and have never had it slip out on me

Posted: Feb 19, 2009 at 22:33 Quote
bobbobson wrote:
i ride sb8 on the front and have never had it slip out on me
neither, unless its deliberate it doesnt slip

Posted: Mar 14, 2009 at 19:54 Quote
the tioga square eights look sick

Posted: Mar 14, 2009 at 19:58 Quote
jasona wrote:
DJer360 wrote:
good tire but the folding k-rads are pretty close to their weight. I think that the 24x2.3 folding k-rads would have good grip, I ride 2.4" holy rollers in some pretty washy stuff and they work great. Not sure if the folding k-rads come in 26" though if your riding 26s

folding krads come in 26 i just got one

O+
Posted: Mar 14, 2009 at 20:09 Quote
Small block 8 covers just about anything from xc, am(dryish-regular dirt), DJ, park, 4x

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.020268
Mobile Version of Website