What should I do to set this up for BC cup downhill?

PB Forum :: Downhill
What should I do to set this up for BC cup downhill?
  • Next Page
Posted: Feb 17, 2009 at 17:58 Quote
I have a Shimano Deore drivetrain which is DIALED for me and I don't have much money (no specific amount)

Posted: Feb 17, 2009 at 17:58 Quote
Do two things.

Ditch the front derailleur and throw on a chainguide. You can pick up a cheap guide here on Pinkbike.

Most importantly, if you haven't raced alot, don't worry about what kind of parts your bike has. Go out and have fun, racing is a blast!!

Oh, don't put the Junior T on. It'll mess up the geometry on your bike, for most BC Cup races your bike is fine.

Cheers

Posted: Feb 17, 2009 at 18:00 Quote
bigheaddoug wrote:
Do two things.

Ditch the front derailleur and throw on a chainguide. You can pick up a cheap guide here on Pinkbike.

Most importantly, if you haven't raced alot, don't worry about what kind of parts your bike has. Go out and have fun, racing is a blast!!

Oh, don't put the Junior T on. It'll mess up the geometry on your bike, for most BC Cup races your bike is fine.

Cheers
if you look in my albums the Jr.T used to be on the bike and the geometry actually had a lower front end and as for the chainguide, I never drop my chain so I figure what's the point

O+
Posted: Feb 17, 2009 at 18:01 Quote
Which races do you plan on attending?

Posted: Feb 17, 2009 at 18:02 Quote
double wrote:
Which races do you plan on attending?
most of the ones in the lower mainland like the race down Neds and the Arduum Challenge

Posted: Feb 17, 2009 at 18:02 Quote
do as the man says. chainguide. you'll want it. you may not have had it fall off yet, but if it did, say in a race, your going to want to punch yourself for not buying one.

Posted: Feb 17, 2009 at 18:04 Quote
the only thing is that I don't want to get a guide and then have to get a new one for a new frame

Posted: Feb 17, 2009 at 18:06 Quote
knightridersix04 wrote:
the only thing is that I don't want to get a guide and then have to get a new one for a new frame
buy an iscg mount guide and a bb adapter unless your frame is iscg which in that case is good because most frames now are an your new one should have it

Posted: Feb 17, 2009 at 18:09 Quote
you wont... most guides now come with an iscg mount than a bb adapter. A cheap one is a truvativ boxguide which i think just mounts onto the bb. A parts list would help a little too.

edit: i was beat to it

Posted: Feb 17, 2009 at 18:10 Quote
mhoenisch wrote:
knightridersix04 wrote:
buy an iscg mount guide and a bb adapter unless your frame is iscg which in that case is good because most frames now are an your new one should have it
ps go with gamut

Posted: Feb 17, 2009 at 18:16 Quote
the spec list just off the top of my head is

05 66 R
04 Norco Six frame size medium
04 Fox Vanilla RC
unknown year rear mavic 729 laced to a shimano hub
front single track laced to formula hub
shimano deore drivetrain
kenda Nevegal Stick-E tires
truvativ Blaze cranks
unknown bb
truvativ stem
titec el norte bars
juicy 5 brakeset
if I'm missing anything let me know

Posted: Feb 17, 2009 at 18:19 Quote
upgrade the brakes to elixir or something of equal power, tires (nothing like new rubber for racing), the cranks to hussefelt or holzeffeller, and a chain guide. The wheels will work but the front is not really meant for dh. Its all about how much money you want to spend; i would start with these and then upgrade the frame eventually.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012218
Mobile Version of Website