Ottawa area

PB Forum :: Canada - East
Ottawa area
Posted: Feb 17, 2018 at 12:56 Quote
Hear ye hear ye! TerraSculpt is looking for more builders for the 2018 season and possibly beyond.

Do you like working on trails? Is sculpting beautiful brown ribbons of dirt one of your passions in life? Does rock work really turn your crank? Then come join a team of like-minded individuals and enjoy beautiful scenery, plenty of fresh air, great workouts, and professional wages while building something that people will enjoy for years to come.

What more could you ask for?
If any of that appeals to you then shoot me a message or email me via david@terrasculpt.ca

Please feel free to repost or share!

TS2017

Posted: Jul 6, 2018 at 7:47 Quote
rayvermette wrote:
Add Mont Sainte Marie to the fat list. The "Lake Loop" (a collection of trails that goes around the lake), Cookies Climb, and TTOP are not too rocky and I think would be ok on fatbike, aside from the climbing.

I'm heading to MSM this weekend. What's the best way to ride a fat down from TTOP? Growler, or rather Porter + Lug-Tread/Detour?

O+
Posted: Aug 8, 2018 at 13:39 Quote
Kober wrote:
I'm heading to MSM this weekend. What's the best way to ride a fat down from TTOP? Growler, or rather Porter + Lug-Tread/Detour?

Sorry for the late reply... I don't log in here often.

As you probably figured out already, TTOP dumps you out on Radar Road. From there, it's a short ride down the road to the start of Growler.

If you take Porter on the other hand, you have still more climbing to do, with the payoff being the descent on Lug Tread into Growler. IIRC, the climbing on Stout and Porter is more difficult than TTOP. But I haven't been there in over a year, so maybe things have changed.

Posted: Aug 22, 2018 at 8:26 Quote
WILL THE LIFT RUNN AGAIN ???

in the spring when Fortune didnt sell season passes

they said [ Frank B.] , that we would have a short window to ride in the late summer fall,

when the lift was fixed

I have seen no activity around the sky line lift [ as in it being repaired ? ]

any one have any good news ?

are the racks mounted on the chairs ?

Posted: Aug 26, 2018 at 16:41 Quote
I was up yesterday and there were no racks mounted on the chairs

Also, no obvious work being done on the lift that I could see Cry

bikedumpdave wrote:

they said [ Frank B.] , that we would have a short window to ride in the late summer fall,

when the lift was fixed

Posted: Aug 26, 2018 at 17:52 Quote
bikedumpdave wrote:

when the lift was fixed

Glad to see your online personality reflects how I felt about your "shop" the one time I was there.

As for the lift, rumour has it that it will be running for fall colours.

Posted: Aug 26, 2018 at 19:53 Quote
Salamander was closed this weekend for trail work and I met a guy on the hill (didn't get his name) who seemed to be part of the operations at fortune - he said that they were looking to open the chair a few times this fall and sell some day passes. He talked about everything that happened with lift maintenance this summer in great detail so while something could still go wrong, it looks pretty good.

I personally can't wait, I love that park but the temps have made getting up there without a chairlift pretty brutal this year.

O+
Posted: Aug 29, 2018 at 11:09 Quote
I sent an email to Fortune this morning asking for updates on the Skyline chairlift maintenance / opening the lift anytime soon for DH.

This is their exact response:

Sorry no info yet, still waiting for parts for the chair overhaul.

Posted: Sep 6, 2018 at 11:59 Quote
jcc1015 wrote:
Free until the end of February.

Anyone else here ski/snowboard?
I snowboard and downhill

Posted: Jan 11, 2019 at 15:52 Quote
Is snowbiking legal at MSM when the lifts are running?

Posted: Mar 31, 2019 at 8:45 Quote
Does anyone know if the Skyline lift will be open for DH this year?

Posted: Mar 31, 2019 at 13:42 Quote
I haven't heard yet,but I hope so.

Posted: Mar 31, 2019 at 14:41 Quote
sebmtbbiker wrote:

There was a post on facebook somewhere (the OMBA group maybe?) where the Fortune trail crew confirmed it would be, but wouldn't confirm the dates/times.

Posted: Apr 3, 2019 at 12:46 Quote
===============================================

the girl at the reception desk say s

the tickets are not ready yet

but the skyline lift will run for DH

check for yourself 819 827 1717

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.148662
Mobile Version of Website