Ottawa area

PB Forum :: Canada - East
Ottawa area
Posted: Sep 30, 2019 at 16:19 Quote
Richard1hammond wrote:
Hi All!

I have been getting into MTB this year in a big way! The bug has bit me hard! I have really enjoyed discovering the local trails to Ottawa on Trailforks and thats kept me very busy this summer going on 3/4 rides a week mainly in SMH or Larose. I'm fairly new to Canada still having moved here from England in 2015 so sure theres some hidden gems I'm missing out on and also lacking riding buddies Frown

I join OMBA in hopes of finding some group events but their forum seams dead and I don't use or want to use FB.

Are there any local meets arranged here?

From my understanding the official OMBA rides are pretty much done for the season. Normally they are Tuesday evenings at SMH (and maybe Larose? Maybe that's Wed evenings), and Camp Fortune on Thurs evenings.

There's apparantly going to be a mini (totally relaxed) enduro at Fortune sometime before the snow falls, but I have no idea when.

Really everything OMBA related (at least with regards to group rides) these days happens on the Facebook page from my understanding.

Posted: Oct 9, 2019 at 7:58 Quote
coaster156 wrote:

From my understanding the official OMBA rides are pretty much done for the season. Normally they are Tuesday evenings at SMH (and maybe Larose? Maybe that's Wed evenings), and Camp Fortune on Thurs evenings.

There's apparantly going to be a mini (totally relaxed) enduro at Fortune sometime before the snow falls, but I have no idea when.

Really everything OMBA related (at least with regards to group rides) these days happens on the Facebook page from my understanding.

Any updates on the possibility of a Camp Fortune enduro? Not a facebook user and haven't had much luck finding any information.

Posted: Oct 9, 2019 at 9:07 Quote
hmbott wrote:
coaster156 wrote:

Any updates on the possibility of a Camp Fortune enduro? Not a facebook user and haven't had much luck finding any information.

Good timing, they just posted some of the details yesterday. Just post on here again if this link doesn't update closer to the time.

Posted: Dec 23, 2019 at 6:59 Quote
just wanted to say thanks to whomever has been clearing and building new trail (and ramps!!) in the Bruce Pit area...I was through there yesterday morning on my fattie and was ecstatic to find the new stuff. If it's someone on here - PM me as I'd love to help

Ben

Posted: Mar 22, 2020 at 21:20 Quote
bwhiting wrote:
just wanted to say thanks to whomever has been clearing and building new trail (and ramps!!) in the Bruce Pit area...I was through there yesterday morning on my fattie and was ecstatic to find the new stuff. If it's someone on here - PM me as I'd love to help

Ben
Hey pulling out an old quote sorry, was there any dirt jumps out there?

Posted: Mar 24, 2020 at 11:00 Quote
didn't see any - but it seems like more stuff is getting built as spring arrives

Posted: Apr 27, 2020 at 17:08 Quote
Hery everyone, I'm new to the area and was wondering if there were any decent dirt jump spots. Won't be riding until the covid is over but want to put in some time digging. Feel free to pm me.

Cheers!

Posted: May 16, 2020 at 11:03 Quote
jeffreyw519 wrote:
Hery everyone, I'm new to the area and was wondering if there were any decent dirt jump spots. Won't be riding until the covid is over but want to put in some time digging. Feel free to pm me.

Cheers!

I'd also be interested if there are any pm if there is some

Posted: Nov 17, 2020 at 10:04 Quote
Anyone know if the Carling bike park is lit up at night?

Posted: Mar 18, 2021 at 17:56 Quote
Hey all, just moved to Ottawa in November, don’t know a soul here that rides. I’ve heard about OMBA and will have to check out their Facebook page but I figured I’d check out ol’ pinkbike forums in case there’s any excitement here. Definitely interested in meeting some people, as much as is reasonable to do, out on the trails this spring/summer.

Posted: Mar 18, 2021 at 18:15 Quote
erik74 wrote:
Hey all, just moved to Ottawa in November, don’t know a soul here that rides. I’ve heard about OMBA and will have to check out their Facebook page but I figured I’d check out ol’ pinkbike forums in case there’s any excitement here. Definitely interested in meeting some people, as much as is reasonable to do, out on the trails this spring/summer.

Hey man! Gravity riding, or XC? Smile I know a good amount of awesome gravity riding within a few hours of Ottawa. And Camp Fortune is 15 min away from Ottawa, across the border into Québec and they have a sick DH trail network Big Grin

Posted: Mar 18, 2021 at 18:22 Quote
erik74 wrote:
Bike Polo Ottawa is a great way to meet some new people that are into bikes.

Posted: Mar 18, 2021 at 19:55 Quote
@kyleluvsdh
All mountain. Definitely will have to check out Camp Fortune. I’ve also heard there’s good riding at Mont Ste Marie.

@skunkape
I failed to mention I’m looking to find mountain bikers. Though bike polo looks like a fun time for sure!

Posted: Mar 18, 2021 at 20:12 Quote
erik74 wrote:
@kyleluvsdh
All mountain. Definitely will have to check out Camp Fortune. I’ve also heard there’s good riding at Mont Ste Marie.

@skunkape
I failed to mention I’m looking to find mountain bikers. Though bike polo looks like a fun time for sure!

Mont Sainte Marie for sure! They have an awesome All Mountain and Enduro trail network! Bromont does as well Smile

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016544
Mobile Version of Website