Ottawa area

PB Forum :: Canada - East
Ottawa area
Posted: Jul 13, 2022 at 10:10 Quote
Hey all,

Hopefully this clears up some of the questions about what Full Cycle offers in terms of rentals. Full Cycle has a location rental fleet for Camp Fortune specifically, and rents 1 hour, 3 hour, and full day time slots. They do not do overnight rentals.

In regards to what they have, the fleet is comprised of Sight VLT's, Devinci Troy's, Devinci Marshall's and some hardtails.

vplow wrote:
crazy-canuck wrote:
Thats funny about Fullcycle saying they don't rent. They opened up at Camp Fortune this summer and have a full rental fleet. Maybe you just can't keep it overnight or something.

Thank you for the ideas everyone-- I really appreciate it and you've given me some ideas to persue.

You're right about Fullcycle; they DO rent, just not in Ottawa..only at Camp Fortune and you can't take those bikes off premises.

Posted: Jul 19, 2022 at 6:56 Quote
If you are going to rent I would recommend getting out to southmarch highlands or Camp Fortune for some riding....the Carlington pump track is great but won't keep your attention for long. Southmarch is free to ride too - actually check out www.ottawamba.org for other riding ideas too

Ben

Posted: Jul 26, 2022 at 13:17 Quote
vplow wrote:
crazy-canuck wrote:
Thats funny about Fullcycle saying they don't rent. They opened up at Camp Fortune this summer and have a full rental fleet. Maybe you just can't keep it overnight or something.

Thank you for the ideas everyone-- I really appreciate it and you've given me some ideas to persue.

You're right about Fullcycle; they DO rent, just not in Ottawa..only at Camp Fortune and you can't take those bikes off premises.

I'm late to the party but if you travel further to get it I think Expedition Wakefield rents. You could also ride the north end of the Gatineau Park from there.

Posted: Aug 3, 2022 at 5:11 Quote
just a follow-up:
I ended up renting a Giant Trance from rentabike in downtown Ottawa for 11 days and it couldn’t have gone more smoothly. I topped out the shock pressure and went to the pump track every day…. it was GREAT. Carlington pump track is really well designed imo and I couldn’t believe how popular it is- it’s notable what a wide range of riders use it. I had some really nice convos with folks between laps and everyone was so friendly. I ran into Mark one day, who was doing some volunteer track maintenance and I lent a hand for a bit. All in all, I was really impressed with your track so kudos to the builders and maintainers!

O+
Posted: Sep 1, 2022 at 12:06 Quote
Anyone been up to the new Mont Ste-Marie trails? Shaolin, Ol Dirty, etc? Is it very xc tech like the lake loop, or more like the main runs?

Posted: Sep 1, 2022 at 12:36 Quote
bishopsmike wrote:
Anyone been up to the new Mont Ste-Marie trails? Shaolin, Ol Dirty, etc? Is it very xc tech like the lake loop, or more like the main runs?

Not yet, but you might have better luck if no-one responds here on one of the local FB groups (OMBA and VeloMSM come to mind)

Posted: Sep 15, 2022 at 19:15 Quote
bishopsmike wrote:

The trails are not at all like the lake loop. There is a dedicated climb trail to the top, the Shaolin "XC" loop at the top of the climb trail and a super flowy big bermed jump trail all the way back down.

Shaolin is aggressive XC, most of the climbing is pretty chill with a few punchy bits and the downhill sections are a mix of flowy jumps, berms and steep rocky bit. All in all, fun and challenging, and very rideable on a enduro bike but better suited for a trail bike.

The downhill flow jump trails are super fun. The berms are amazing, super will packed and you can absolutely rail them. The jumps are good, but not the most beginner friendly because the lips on quite a few of the jumps are quite steep. I've heard comparisons to A-Line and Crank it up and I don't really agree. The jumps are the size of crank it up jumps but the lips are much steeper.

My rating for the new trails, two thumbs up!

Posted: Oct 22, 2022 at 18:04 Quote
bishopsmike wrote:

If you get up the climb and dont want to do the XC loop around the top you can just hit the jump trails. There's an intersection there where you can just begin descending instead of doing the top loop. I ended up doing the XC loop at the top on my 1st run (A+ vista!) and then climbing twice more just to do the descent a 2nd and 3rd time.
I bet the lips are feeling lippy because the trails are so new. They'll bed in. IMO def worth a visit to try out the Wutang trails.

Posted: Apr 29, 2023 at 19:22 Quote
2022 was the last post here?

Anyone in the Ottawa area have a old Specialized Stumpjumper 29'er they are looking to move along?

Posted: Apr 30, 2023 at 18:10 Quote
ValleyMBT wrote:
2022 was the last post here?

We're busy riding our fatbikes all winter

Good luck with your bike shopping!!

Posted: May 2, 2023 at 5:51 Quote
check out the facebook Ottawa bike classifieds group - seems to have a lot of traffic

Posted: Jul 18, 2023 at 6:28 Quote
On the off-chance anyone still reads this forum, I just wanted to post that my son's bike - a 2018 Commençal Ramones 24+ was stolen from outside the Stats Can building (at Tunney's Pasture) yesterday. If you see one for sale, it's silver, has a Mantiou fork, skinwall tires, and a Sora road derailleur... please let me, or the police know? thanks...

my son s stolen bike...

O+
Posted: Jul 18, 2023 at 7:16 Quote
That really sucks, at least it's a bike that will stick out. You might want to post in the Montreal area forums too. No video cameras at StatsCan?

Posted: Jul 18, 2023 at 7:52 Quote
bishopsmike wrote:
That really sucks, at least it's a bike that will stick out. You might want to post in the Montreal area forums too. No video cameras at StatsCan?

yes to the video cameras. got the name and number of the security agent that has access to the cameras and included it in my police report. the lock was cut with an angle grinder, just a few yards from a daycare. you'd think someone would have noticed. but I guess all the construction in area would drown out the noise?

I scanned the kijiji ads in all of Ontario and Quebec, but hadn't thought of posting in the Montreal forum... I'll do that, and post in the Toronto forum too. thanks for the advice

Posted: Jul 27, 2023 at 12:15 Quote
arrrgggh that sucks! good luck with finding it

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.019544
Mobile Version of Website