Giant Glory DH vs Iron Horse Sunday team

PB Forum :: Downhill
Giant Glory DH vs Iron Horse Sunday team
  • Previous Page
Posted: Feb 20, 2009 at 17:12 Quote
I'm looking for a pure dh bike and am wondering what the advantages / disadvantages of the two are?

Posted: Feb 20, 2009 at 17:45 Quote
it depends on wat year the sunday is... sundays are really nice and so are the glory's but if u are lookin at the dw link ones then i wood get it

Posted: Feb 21, 2009 at 4:41 Quote
yer both bikes would be at last 08 models i heard u can build a sunday reli light and that it is quicker in the corners than teh glory is this true?

Posted: Feb 21, 2009 at 4:50 Quote
kmart14 wrote:
but if u are lookin at the dw link ones then i wood get it

All sundays have been dw link, you cant get them without dw link... yet

Posted: Feb 21, 2009 at 4:53 Quote
glory is a much better bike for the price

Posted: Feb 21, 2009 at 5:42 Quote
reebs wrote:
kmart14 wrote:
but if u are lookin at the dw link ones then i wood get it

All sundays have been dw link, you cant get them without dw link... yet
thats wat im sayin idk wat year he is going to get but get one with dw link

FL
Posted: Feb 21, 2009 at 6:21 Quote
Get the sunday. they are amazing bikes!
but they arnt as light as you may think, despite that the glory's weigh a ton so they make sundays feel light. take a look at my sunday's if your interested in different build options

Posted: Feb 21, 2009 at 11:14 Quote
sadly im a bit biased as i own one....
Glory"s are in my opinion are really good bikes, they arent a bike to skip over things but instead plough through it. surprisingly this is very fast. corners? not a problem. drops and jumps? easy. roots? pah! rocks? mm breakfast.

the spec is really good. for the price you can get an 08 glory now you could maybe buy the frame, forks and wheels. the spec is impecable. i've only changed the bars since i bought mine in june.

oh and they look the sex...

Posted: Feb 21, 2009 at 11:18 Quote
may i ask why those 2 choices?

Posted: Feb 21, 2009 at 11:18 Quote
if i was in your shoes, i would get a sunday. at the point you are, it comes down to what you like. both are awsome, and both claim to be the best on paper, but it comes down to be a personal choice. ride them and see what you like. but yes, the sunday will be lighter

Posted: Feb 21, 2009 at 11:22 Quote
worthless thread, ride them both, see which you like better, i know great riders who ride both and can both own on them, test ride them!

Posted: Feb 21, 2009 at 12:03 Quote
i would so go with the sunday, no doubt. it's an awesome bike.

Posted: Feb 21, 2009 at 13:03 Quote
glorys are not heavy. yes they weigh more than a sunday, but they are lighter than a yeti 303, similar to a v10 etc. my glory doesn't feel heavy to ride, as soon as you start, it flows, jumps, and smooths out the rough stuff perfectly. also, they are very reliable bikes, and last extremely well.

Posted: Feb 21, 2009 at 13:08 Quote
i think the only thing wrong with the glory is the sizing, the price is great for what you get (full bike)

there should be a size in between M and L, medium is too small at 6'1+ (realistically, its ok to ride but you should be on a bigger bike ) but the L is a giant (!), somewhere inbetween would be perfect

FL
Posted: Feb 21, 2009 at 13:11 Quote
tommybananajohnson wrote:
glorys are not heavy. yes they weigh more than a sunday, but they are lighter than a yeti 303, similar to a v10 etc. my glory doesn't feel heavy to ride, as soon as you start, it flows, jumps, and smooths out the rough stuff perfectly. also, they are very reliable bikes, and last extremely well.

Tom your glory weighs a ton.
and the v10 frame is 8lbs and the glory is about 12lbs with the sunday being about 10lbs so the glory is pretty heavy. they are good bikes, but the sunday is better!

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010921
Mobile Version of Website