Posted: Nov 5, 2007 at 18:34 Quote
odin333 wrote:
sid?
The new Sid looks very good!

What about a Magura Durin?

http://www.magura.com/7thsenseCMS/index.php?id=78&L=1

Posted: Nov 6, 2007 at 1:45 Quote
I would say the Rock Shox Reba Team.
A Fox is also nice but you can adjust a Reba way better than a Fox. I've got the reba team now for a couple of months and it is just amazing.
With the positive/negative air chambers, motion control, poplock etc you can adjust it to your style of riding and that is why I would buy a Reba team and not a Fox.
Dont get me wrong, fox also makes great forks but the fine tuning is better with a Reba

Posted: Nov 9, 2007 at 12:31 Quote
im running reba's 4 the past 3 month there easy to use and light well recommended..

Posted: Nov 20, 2007 at 15:43 Quote
Manitou R-Seven TPC MRD - 100mm (2.8 lbs)

Sweet, they are making the MRD (Manitou Racing Development) stuff again.
There is also a version with the Absolute dampening, 5 position knob on the top of the elg, going from fully open (plush) to fully closed (locked out) with each position making a noticable difference in the platform. They make a remote for it as well.
I have ridden the Absolute on an 08 Minute Elite with a through axle,it was on a 4 Cross race bike. It works awesome, I even dirt jumped it and it stood up to the abuse.

Posted: Nov 20, 2007 at 15:49 Quote
reba is a dec fork, the tora is also, plus it has u-turn and is cheap, and the fox float, but that's expesnive

Posted: Nov 21, 2007 at 7:14 Quote
Love My '07 SID WC, and the reba is even better, I've heard. My two cents!

Posted: Jan 7, 2008 at 5:18 Quote
MAGURA DURIN! 1450 gr. sick stiff and seriously good looking. it works super good, best on the market, better than any fox or rockshox.
its in my bike:
photo

Posted: Jan 7, 2008 at 6:34 Quote
combee wrote:
MAGURA DURIN! 1450 gr. sick stiff and seriously good looking. it works super good, best on the market, better than any fox or rockshox.
its in my bike:
photo

i dont think there best on the market.... lots of magura thhings (brakes mostly) are known to brake. i am still gonna stick with rockshock reba WC.

Posted: Jan 7, 2008 at 6:42 Quote
ill have to say SID because im a rock shox fan Fab

Posted: Jan 7, 2008 at 7:06 Quote
sam111 wrote:
combee wrote:
its in my bike:
photo

i dont think there best on the market.... lots of magura thhings (brakes mostly) are known to brake. i am still gonna stick with rockshock reba WC.

your having a laugh? Magura is know for its reliability not for breaking down.
Magura make some of the best parts you can buy for XC.

Posted: Jan 7, 2008 at 7:55 Quote
dg85 wrote:
sam111 wrote:
combee wrote:
its in my bike:
photo

ok but the hs33's are crap... and the older magura forks are the ones that break. i was thinking of getting some magura durins seeing there light and look bling.

Posted: Jan 7, 2008 at 8:14 Quote
sam111 wrote:
dg85 wrote:
sam111 wrote:

ok but the hs33's are crap... and the older magura forks are the ones that break. i was thinking of getting some magura durins seeing there light and look bling.
HS-33 crap? lol but you wont regret buying a durin. I rode almost al types of forks, FOXs, SID, REBA, this is bij far the best one. stiffer, lighter and works better than the rest. the double arch design makes it uberstiff, and it looks so cool:P
and you have a lockout on your handlebar. damping works really good, its a relatively simple fork but it works o so well. Dude, if you have the money, buy one!

Posted: Jan 7, 2008 at 8:14 Quote
sam111 wrote:
dg85 wrote:
sam111 wrote:

yea i guess the older stuff wasnt great but in recent years they work with sram on their damping system and bits like that. i would prob use magura on an xc bike if i get one for sure. and the louise brake is great. i use to have one a thew years ago and it was so powerful but felt great.

Posted: Jan 7, 2008 at 8:23 Quote
dg85 wrote:
sam111 wrote:
dg85 wrote:

yea i guess the older stuff wasnt great but in recent years they work with sram on their damping system and bits like that. i would prob use magura on an xc bike if i get one for sure. and the louise brake is great. i use to have one a thew years ago and it was so powerful but felt great.
Brakes of magura always been great!
the fork of last year, the ronin, wasnt that good. it was stiff and strong but i didnt liked how it worked. But with the durin, they flew by the opposition with miles. marta sl's work like dream too..

Posted: Jan 7, 2008 at 9:39 Quote
i would love them to do some big fork like the totem with 180m travel. it would look ace with their double arch design.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.018271
Mobile Version of Website