Boxxer race or team?

PB Forum :: Downhill
Boxxer race or team?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Feb 21, 2009 at 18:50 Quote
Hey like you know im changing my fork and i would like to know what are the differences between the race and the team 2009. My friend who races told me that it isnt worth it to get the team.

Is it worth to put more money unto the fork

opinions

regards

Posted: Feb 21, 2009 at 19:11 Quote
wtt-tmr wrote:
Hey like you know im changing my fork and i would like to know what are the differences between the race and the team 2009. My friend who races told me that it isnt worth it to get the team.

opinions

regards

boxxer team for sure.

Posted: Feb 21, 2009 at 19:15 Quote
SAVAGE-RIDER wrote:
wtt-tmr wrote:

opinions

regards

boxxer team for sure.
you do realize that was very unhelpful.. at least tell him why the team.

Posted: Feb 21, 2009 at 20:13 Quote
dezim wrote:
SAVAGE-RIDER wrote:
wtt-tmr wrote:

opinions

regards

boxxer team for sure.
you do realize that was very unhelpful.. at least tell him why the team.

no explination needed. he asked in the MTB quick question thread.
You don't need any explination why the boxxer team is better than the race

Posted: Feb 21, 2009 at 20:36 Quote
There is no reason that you should spend more money to get the team. The Boxxer Team has a gate valve which is not worth the $200 price difference. I have ridden both and played with the gate valve all day and never felt like it did much of anything. I work at a shop and we dont even stock the team because its a waste of money. I have ridden my Race for 2 seasons now and i have nothing but good things to say about it. plus the 09 race comes in black so it even looks like the pre 09 teams.

This is all just my opinion though so you can take it or leave it but to me it is not worth the money.

Posted: Feb 21, 2009 at 20:45 Quote
cdub162 wrote:
There is no reason that you should spend more money to get the team. The Boxxer Team has a gate valve which is not worth the $200 price difference. I have ridden both and played with the gate valve all day and never felt like it did much of anything. I work at a shop and we dont even stock the team because its a waste of money. I have ridden my Race for 2 seasons now and i have nothing but good things to say about it. plus the 09 race comes in black so it even looks like the pre 09 teams.

This is all just my opinion though so you can take it or leave it but to me it is not worth the money.
do they both have mission control??

Posted: Feb 21, 2009 at 21:50 Quote
wtt-tmr wrote:
cdub162 wrote:

do they both have mission control??
motion.

O+
Posted: Feb 21, 2009 at 21:51 Quote
is this a serious question?

Posted: Feb 21, 2009 at 21:52 Quote
jmsxtreem wrote:

obviously...since he made a thread about it Rolleyes

Posted: Feb 21, 2009 at 21:53 Quote
jmsxtreem wrote:
this is super serious.

O+
Posted: Feb 21, 2009 at 21:55 Quote
sounds super serious, i better leave before shit goes down

Posted: Feb 22, 2009 at 2:25 Quote
IMO team is better, i like having the external adjustiblity that it gives over race. think the team as a coil version of the WC.

Posted: Feb 22, 2009 at 5:19 Quote
the teams feel smoother down to the fact the damping system is a bit better (it has the floodgate control-i never use it- and it has the blackbox shimstack-can be tuned by a good shock servicer) i have tried a pair of race and curantly have teams on my bike. the teams are the best fork RS make, because they are smoother than the boxxer wc's, and don't have the solo-air issues. i would say they are worth the extra money ( or buy race, and then get a damper out of a team if you can find a good cheep one?)

O+ FL
Posted: Feb 22, 2009 at 7:01 Quote
cdub162 wrote:

This guy has it. Pretty much the only thing different about the team and race is the floodgate.

If you do not know the specifics of what floodgate does. It changes the force needed to trigger the blow-off valve to go from LS compression to HS compression damping circuits. It is pretty much a set and forget adjustment like most others. The biggest complaint about the race is that the stock setting for this blow-off was that it took to much force to trigger for smaller people and they ended up having to set compression really soft because the fork would not blow-off when needed. BUT some smart people figured out a way to adjust this in the race using a nyloc nut. Check out RM for info on that. I think the thread is "Tuning Blackbox Speedstack" or something like that, around page 14 if i remember correct.

note* I own neither of the forks, but did a hell of a lot of research as I was in the same situation as you. But ended up on deciding to go for a 2010 Razz Big Grin But i did own a Boxxer Ride with the floodgate, set it once and completely forgot I could adjust it after that.

O+ FL
Posted: Feb 22, 2009 at 7:18 Quote
Oh yeah, another problem was that people found the race seemed to spike pretty harshly of big hits, this was reduced using different oil.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012164
Mobile Version of Website