Devinci Wilson

PB Forum :: Downhill
Devinci Wilson
  • Previous Page
Posted: Nov 4, 2007 at 18:04 Quote
hey guys. i'm currently looking for a new dh frame and i'm hearing a lot of good things about the devinci wilson. i'm seeing a few in the buy/sell section that fit my price range which is always a good thing. i'm wondering if anybody could give me some input on how it performs for downhill. the reviews i've been reading mostly classify it as a nice freeride bike that could double as a dh bike (which isn't any better than my stinky). any help would be appreciate, thanks Smile

Posted: Nov 4, 2007 at 18:21 Quote
Depending on what year you get they have differant geos. In 04' all the frames were the same freeride geo(Wilson, Ollie, 8 flat Cool where as in 05-07 they created a downhill geo that the Wilson was sold with. They have needle bearings which are strong and last a long time. Besides of course looking for dents and cracks the only real failing of the frame is that the front shock mount holes can ovalize. Its got a pretty long wheelbase so in the twisties it suffers, but it is soooooo stable in the fast bits and in the air. The bike is pretty light too. You can run a long travel SC fork or a DC and wouldn't suffer with either. Hope that helps, love mine (04 Wilson).

Posted: Nov 4, 2007 at 18:30 Quote
Wilson4 wrote:
Depending on what year you get they have differant geos. In 04' all the frames were the same freeride geo(Wilson, Ollie, 8 flat Cool where as in 05-07 they created a downhill geo that the Wilson was sold with. They have needle bearings which are strong and last a long time. Besides of course looking for dents and cracks the only real failing of the frame is that the front shock mount holes can ovalize. Its got a pretty long wheelbase so in the twisties it suffers, but it is soooooo stable in the fast bits and in the air. The bike are pretty light too. You can run a long travel SC fork or a DC and wouldn't suffer with either. Hope that helps, love mine (04 Wilson).

i'm definitely going to be looking at a newer version. obviously 08 would be prime but thats a bit out of my price range. 06 or 07 is the oldest i want to go. i'm sick of buying old used frames. thanks for the input Smile

Posted: Nov 4, 2007 at 18:33 Quote
How much are you willing to spend? I was at the lbs this past weekend, they had an 08' Wilson 1 that looked amazing. It was only $2700, the frame cost for the Wilson 4 alone is $2300!

photo

Posted: Nov 4, 2007 at 18:35 Quote
i'm riding the 06 wilson 2 and it worked amazing all year soo stable at speeds and when it gets bumpy the suspension does an amazing job at absorbing it i found myself able to pedal through alot more than other people i was riding with i havent had any problems with the frame and from what ive heard from my lbs there hasn't been any major warranty issues with the devinci frames

Posted: Nov 4, 2007 at 18:38 Quote
Wilson4 wrote:
How much are you willing to spend? I was at the lbs this past weekend, they had an 08' Wilson 1 that looked amazing. It was only $2700, the frame cost for the Wilson 4 alone is $2300!

kind of depends on how much i can sell my 03 stinky for but probably not more than 1200 or so. i'm really loving the lime green 06 wilson. the 08 wilsons look SICK but soooo expensive. i'd rather buy a v-10.

Posted: Nov 4, 2007 at 18:41 Quote
downhill366 wrote:
i'm riding the 06 wilson 2 and it worked amazing all year soo stable at speeds and when it gets bumpy the suspension does an amazing job at absorbing it i found myself able to pedal through alot more than other people i was riding with i havent had any problems with the frame and from what ive heard from my lbs there hasn't been any major warranty issues with the devinci frames

is there any difference in frames between the 1,2,3 and 4 or is it just the spec list on the complete bike?? sounds like you're pretty happy with yours. thanks for the input

Posted: Nov 4, 2007 at 18:44 Quote
Devinci frames are amazing for downhill

Posted: Nov 4, 2007 at 18:45 Quote
downhill366 wrote:

If that's your bike in your profile than it's an 07' not 06'. In 07 they had three levels, as you went up the spec changed for a lighter dh set up. Wilson 3, Deemax, Boxxer WC, DHX 5 Air. Wilson 1, Devinci Wheelset, 888RV, DHX 3.0 coil.

O+
Posted: Nov 4, 2007 at 18:45 Quote
one of my friends has an 07 wilson 2 and he kills it on that bike as it is so light
and nimble compared to my demo 9
they are pretty long so they should be pretty stable at speed

Posted: Nov 4, 2007 at 18:55 Quote
Wilson4 wrote:
downhill366 wrote:

If that's your bike in your profile than it's an 07' not 06'. In 07 they had three levels, as you went up the spec changed for a lighter dh set up. Wilson 3, Deemax, Boxxer WC, DHX 5 Air. Wilson 1, Devinci Wheelset, 888RV, DHX 3.0 coil.

but it's the same frame between the 1, 2 and 3 right?? was it just the one wilson in 06 or did they have different numbers as well??

Posted: Nov 4, 2007 at 19:01 Quote
It was all the same frame in 06, and 07. 06 there were no numbers just the one bike. If you bought it complete it came as that cool lime green colour and if you bought the frame set it was an off silver type of colour. 05' they were white. The 05's used Deemax but they had some weird spacers that made the bike hard to set up because Mavic didn't have a 150x12 deemax rear hub yet (Not sure if 05' geo was like 06' 07' but was diff from 04').

Posted: Nov 4, 2007 at 19:16 Quote
Wilson4 wrote:
downhill366 wrote:

whoops my mistake sorry wasnt thinking right yes i am riding the 2007 and no there is no difference in the frames just the parts spec for 2007 and 2008

Posted: Nov 4, 2007 at 19:17 Quote
downhill366 wrote:
Wilson4 wrote:
downhill366 wrote:

whoops my mistake sorry wasnt thinking right yes i am riding the 2007 and no there is no difference in the frames just the parts spec for 2007 and 2008

You mean 06, 07 right. Massive frame diff between 07 and 08.

Posted: Nov 4, 2007 at 19:19 Quote
dylanvarkonja wrote:
one of my friends has an 07 wilson 2 and he kills it on that bike as it is so light
and nimble compared to my demo 9
they are pretty long so they should be pretty stable at speed

its true its really light for how it looks and suprising nimble for how long the frame actually is

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.069219
Mobile Version of Website