Mt. Shasta Area Thread

PB Forum :: USA - West
Mt. Shasta Area Thread
  • Previous Page
Posted: Feb 22, 2009 at 18:46 Quote
Anything happening in the Shasta/Siskiyou area, post here! Trail maintainence, rides, races, Q&A, etc.

Posted: May 8, 2009 at 21:20 Quote
Some friends and I are thinking about coming up and ridin "Entertainer" on May 30th, any of you locals feel like showing some "old guys" the way down the mountain?
We would really appreciate any help. Let me know. THANX.

Posted: May 8, 2009 at 21:47 Quote
BinChaser wrote:
Some friends and I are thinking about coming up and ridin "Entertainer" on May 30th, any of you locals feel like showing some "old guys" the way down the mountain?

Sure, like I said before. Just contact me when you know when (ie what time, etc) you're coming up, and we can meet you at the top of whatever trail is open (it's probably gonna be 8-mile, 10-mile still has some melting to do I'd imagine...we'll see I guess.)

Posted: May 8, 2009 at 22:01 Quote
AMBikerJJ8 wrote:
BinChaser wrote:

Sure, like I said before. Just contact me when you know when (ie what time, etc) you're coming up, and we can meet you at the top of whatever trail is open (it's probably gonna be 8-mile, 10-mile still has some melting to do I'd imagine...we'll see I guess.)
Right on, you'll show us some good stuff if we promise to keep it quiet, right?
Just kiddin, we will be greatful for anyting that we can ride. I'll be in touch with ya.
p.s. Will 8-mile be open the end of May?

Posted: May 8, 2009 at 22:04 Quote
Awsome, and yeah don't worry, we'll show you everything (nothing secret atm Wink ). And btw, 8-mile is open now (just a few snow patches). Hopefully by the time you come up, 10-mile will be open too.

Posted: May 8, 2009 at 22:08 Quote
AMBikerJJ8 wrote:
Awsome, and yeah don't worry, we'll show you everything (nothing secret atm Wink ). And btw, 8-mile is open now (just a few snow patches). Hopefully by the time you come up, 10-mile will be open too.
Yeah I'm ready to ride, I've always liked that area up there around Shasta.
Can a guy ride both 8 and 10 mile in the same day?

Posted: May 8, 2009 at 22:12 Quote
BinChaser wrote:
AMBikerJJ8 wrote:

For sure. The bottom of 10-Mile is the start of 8-Mile. 10-mile's pretty sketch, especially now I'd imagine, so it'd take maybe 30-40 minutes tops to get down to the bottom of 8 from the top of 10. Then maybe another 10 to get back into town on either washout or 4-mile.

Posted: May 8, 2009 at 22:17 Quote
AMBikerJJ8 wrote:
BinChaser wrote:
AMBikerJJ8 wrote:

For sure. The bottom of 10-Mile is the start of 8-Mile. 10-mile's pretty sketch, especially now I'd imagine, so it'd take maybe 30-40 minutes tops to get down to the bottom of 8 from the top of 10. Then maybe another 10 to get back into town on either washout or 4-mile.
Cool, looking forward to coming up, will be in touch with ya. Good luck up at Ashland with the Thaw DH.

Posted: May 8, 2009 at 22:38 Quote
I was looking at your vids. Where is this Sigmoid trail located? Also, which trails start around the Bunny Flat area? Would that be 8 mile, 10 mile? just curious.

Posted: May 8, 2009 at 23:15 Quote
Any new building planned for Entertainer this year?

Posted: May 9, 2009 at 0:02 Quote
signorvince2 wrote:
Any new building planned for Entertainer this year?

Not sure. There may possibly be some planned build days, but a lot of that is still in the works.

Posted: May 9, 2009 at 11:19 Quote
drove up and checked out 10 mile yesterday. redfir flats area is still packed with snow. another week of sun and the trail its self should be rideable.

someone has started building random jumps in the middle of 8 mile towards the top. whoever you are if you read this PLEASE STOP!!! they are completely dangerous and everyone around here is sick of little lips to flat nothing landings. plus you have eliminated the ability to carry speed into the other jumps that were already there. anything built trashy like that will just be torn down so dont waste your time. lets try to have a well built trail guys no more junk thats just gonna fall apart.

if you wanna build we need to start by making berms. any corner that is flat up there needs a berm. it will help keep the trail from rutting out and eroding. once berms are built you know how much speed you can carry and then you know where to put jumps(WITH LANDINGS) from here on out i'll be up there a day or two a week doing maintenance and giving the trail more flow any help is appreciated. P.S. stop taking tools!!! if its not yours use it but put it back where you found it.

Posted: May 9, 2009 at 11:26 Quote
cthorpe wrote:
drove up and checked out 10 mile yesterday. redfir flats area is still packed with snow. another week of sun and the trail its self should be rideable.

someone has started building random jumps in the middle of 8 mile towards the top. whoever you are if you read this PLEASE STOP!!! they are completely dangerous and everyone around here is sick of little lips to flat nothing landings. plus you have eliminated the ability to carry speed into the other jumps that were already there. anything built trashy like that will just be torn down so dont waste your time. lets try to have a well built trail guys no more junk thats just gonna fall apart.

if you wanna build we need to start by making berms. any corner that is flat up there needs a berm. it will help keep the trail from rutting out and eroding. once berms are built you know how much speed you can carry and then you know where to put jumps(WITH LANDINGS) from here on out i'll be up there a day or two a week doing maintenance and giving the trail more flow any help is appreciated. P.S. stop taking tools!!! if its not yours use it but put it back where you found it.

Yeah, good idea with the berms; I've got a shovel up there that I could use. And those jumps near the top, yeah, the first one is stupid and should go, and the second one if it had a landing might be OK.

Posted: May 9, 2009 at 11:31 Quote
AMBikerJJ8 wrote:
cthorpe wrote:

Yeah, good idea with the berms; I've got a shovel up there that I could use. And those jumps near the top, yeah, the first one is stupid and should go, and the second one if it had a landing might be OK.
the first one has packed in and is holding. the second one has completely fallen apart. if anything tear down the second one and use the dirt as a landing for the first. Cheers to building

Posted: May 9, 2009 at 11:37 Quote
cthorpe wrote:
AMBikerJJ8 wrote:
cthorpe wrote:

the first one has packed in and is holding. the second one has completely fallen apart. if anything tear down the second one and use the dirt as a landing for the first. Cheers to building

Oh OK. Yeah, my friend hit the second one and the lip just collapsed. He actually ended up breaking his seat off when he landed. Facepalm

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011019
Mobile Version of Website