Good Protein powders?

PB Forum :: Fitness, Training and Health
Good Protein powders?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Feb 23, 2009 at 3:05 Quote
Im looking into both an Isolate and a Blend. Mainly I'm looking for a fruity flavor that blends well in water.

So far for iso I have found
- Syntrax Nectar Juice Isolate - Lemon Tea
- Syntrax Nectar Juice Isolate - Roadside Lemonade
- InterACTIVE Nutrition IsoWhey Breezer - Mango Peach
- InterACTIVE Nutrition IsoWhey Breezer - Citrus Burst

And for blends I have found
- Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Standard - Tropical Punch
- Ultimate Nutrition Whey Sensation 81 --- Berry Blast

I am also looking into tasteless powders to mix into drinks.

What are some good powders you have used/tried how would you rate them (out of 10)on:

Mixability [ /10]
Texture [ /10]
Taste [ /10]
Overall [ /10]

Posted: Feb 24, 2009 at 16:13 Quote
I am using Kaizen Whey Isolate and i love em take a look : http://www.kaizenprotein.com/protein.html

Posted: Feb 24, 2009 at 16:20 Quote
I haven't tried those exact products, however I have tried the Interactive LeanGainer and I felt it was a pretty good product for the 2+years I've used it. Unless you and fruit it tasted pretty bad(strawberry was best), it has a fairly grainy texture and takes time to mix unless you use a blender. The most important part to me was the results, which are great. You can really feel the difference when you're using it. So out of what you listed the Interactive will probably be good.

Posted: Feb 24, 2009 at 16:33 Quote
try BSN syntha-6 or MuscleMilk products,they worked well when i played baseball and they taste pretty good. Both product lines work pretty well but BSN is high, go to bodybuilding.com and everythings cheaper usually and you can get good info on stuff. If you want to build muscle quicker go with a creatine based product like BSN NO Xplode but its packed full of caffeine which is not good if your sensitive to it

Posted: Feb 24, 2009 at 16:35 Quote
Endurox r4 formula exp but good. Acceleraide is good too.

Posted: Feb 24, 2009 at 16:38 Quote
I use GNC Pro Performance whey isolate 28 grams! And only about 40.00... I have chocolate and its really good! And after workouts I can tell a difference, repairs quick even after crazy workouts (does take about a day to not feal sore). www.gnc.com, I really like this stuff! It mixes geat too!

Posted: Feb 25, 2009 at 1:40 Quote
Ill have to look into them more when i order my next batch of protein,

I ordered in the

Syntrax Nectar Juice Isolate - Lemon Tea
and the
Syntrax Nectar Juice Isolate - Green Apple

Once i take my first serving ill report back with a review.

Posted: Feb 25, 2009 at 2:11 Quote
i use this WPI/WPC blend
http://www.balanceproducts.co.nz/ViewProduct.aspx?id=1163

dont know if you can get it in the states, but look at the ingrediants to get an idea of what to look for

this is one of the better articles on protein powders if you want to understand how it all works
http://www.physiquecompetitor.com/article6_RundownOnProtein.htm

Posted: Apr 20, 2009 at 11:31 Quote
Optimum Gold Standard Whey. Its great stuff.

Mixability [9/10]
Texture [9/10]
Taste [9/10]
Overall [9/10]

Sure those aren't perfect scores, but its by far the best protein powder I've used. It has a very good selection of amino acids too.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005995
Mobile Version of Website