Sea Otter Classic (DH)(DS)

PB Forum :: USA - West
Sea Otter Classic (DH)(DS)
  • Previous Page
Posted: Sep 24, 2007 at 19:18 Quote
whats your thoughts about last years and the years to come. I thought it was great, eccept for the rain. I raced dh and did pretty good. the dirt jump course was insane!!Eek Big Grin

Posted: Nov 27, 2007 at 20:40 Quote
I always love the otter!

I race DH on my hard tail and its fun!

Also I am going to race DS this year and its gonna be good!

I think that sea otter should have a dirt jump comp for juniors/not pro tooBig Grin

Posted: Nov 27, 2007 at 20:43 Quote
sea otter course is always a blast. the atmosphere is always insane. the course really doesnt change a lot over the years.

Posted: Nov 27, 2007 at 20:45 Quote
888fork wrote:
sea otter course is always a blast. the atmosphere is always insane. the course really doesnt change a lot over the years.

Ya they should change up the course a tad!

I like the first half... but the rest is too flat and slow...

Also they should bring back mountain cross.

Posted: Nov 27, 2007 at 20:46 Quote
for sure. i was hella bummed that mtn X wasnt there in 07. all the mtn X racers tried dual salom. i dont think there gonna bring it back. they replaced it with bmx i think. cant w8 till 08.

Posted: Nov 27, 2007 at 20:48 Quote
last year i had the course DIALED, then it rained. I was sooo pissed. I had never riden in rain before and i didnt know what to do. So i fell twice. O well, it better not rain this year.
I heard a rumor that it was a totally new course this year though...

Posted: Nov 27, 2007 at 20:49 Quote
yah sea otter is always fun... this year was my third year doing it. I was raving sport 14 and under and it started dumping rain 15 minutes before my start time. i was pissed because I had those jumps dialed until the rain and riders rutted everything out. Its an awsome event. you have to stay in the embassy suites. thats where i have stayed all three years. When i was walking into the sauna i saw Cedric Gracia and saw brandon sumuk (or whatever) and jordie lunn working out in the weight room.

Posted: Nov 27, 2007 at 20:50 Quote
rideayeti wrote:
last year i had the course DIALED, then it rained. I was sooo pissed. I had never riden in rain before and i didnt know what to do. So i fell twice. O well, it better not rain this year.

Yeah, friday night I got the top section of jumps down! Then the next day it was pouring and on my race fun I had to roll the first jump and cased all the others Really Mad

Also be sick if they had a new DH course!

You guys camp out there?

Posted: Nov 27, 2007 at 20:51 Quote
the rain adds a challange and a few seconds to your time but still its freakin awsome. the pros had it so sweet. the course was perfect for them on sunday

Posted: Nov 27, 2007 at 20:54 Quote
Sea Otter is a sorry excuse for a downhill course. They simply don't have the terrain to make a good downhill course, considering the toughest part on the course is rain ruts and braking bumps from last year. Also, they are in serious need of more shuttle vehicles at the event. A 45 minute wait for a ride up is rediculous. Their slalom course is super fun though.

Posted: Nov 27, 2007 at 20:54 Quote
Also make sure you guys sign up early, cuz its really expensive this year!

Early Entry fee: $65. ($80. after March 20; $90 after April 4)

Posted: Nov 27, 2007 at 20:56 Quote
thats true the sea otter course does need to be a lot more techy. but for that go to northstar in the summer. this summer was my first season there i absolutly had a blast. the season pass was the shit. the races are so fun to.

Posted: Nov 27, 2007 at 20:59 Quote
balfa23 wrote:
I always love the otter!

I race DH on my hard tail and its fun!

Also I am going to race DS this year and its gonna be good!

I think that sea otter should have a dirt jump comp for juniors/not pro tooBig Grin

A junior/not pro dj comp would be sickkkk!!! I would soooo do it!

Posted: Nov 27, 2007 at 21:55 Quote
balfa23 wrote:
rideayeti wrote:

Yeah, friday night I got the top section of jumps down! Then the next day it was pouring and on my race fun I had to roll the first jump and cased all the others Really Mad

Also be sick if they had a new DH course!

You guys camp out there?

last year i stayed ith my friend up there, in his rv.
My family is in the process of selling out boat and we are goin to get an rv
so we can travle to races

Posted: Dec 10, 2007 at 15:11 Quote
rideayeti wrote:

yea the same happenned to me

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009917
Mobile Version of Website