Iron Horse parent company has gone bust.

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Iron Horse parent company has gone bust.
Posted: Apr 6, 2009 at 10:14 Quote
not as of yet though there have been roumors and a few people talking out thier asses

Posted: Apr 6, 2009 at 13:44 Quote
Giant-Rider-Sam wrote:

Yep, thats what i thought...Cheers for clearing that up tim Wink ...
Agreed on that aswell. I reckon thats a big factor playing on possible purchasing minds...What linkage system to use now...Surely the staff who worked with IH have enough expertise to create a "new" linkage design...Surely theres nothing stopping them?

Oh and yes i am Point...stalking meBook Camera ? Why you ask?

Recognized the DP from SDH!

I forgot they had the ICT design.
I was talking to Darren (the Uplift Driver from Cwmdown in Wales) who's companies main sponsor is IH. He said they've heard nothing since the start of the year when the Jim Walker contacted him saying new year.
I think if they are still operating while looking for buyers, they should get a new prototype out, or at least some designs. That way, a new company will have at least some idea what they are buying into.

Posted: Apr 6, 2009 at 18:09 Quote
Giant-Rider-Sam wrote:
Ive heard that ironhorse parts will still be available from BETD. So theres nothing to worry about if your bearings go, or you snap a mech hanger.

And another thing...IronHorse will more then likely be brought, look at the sales they got through selling the bikes...that company made money pretty well IMO.
where can I contact "BETD"?

Posted: Apr 7, 2009 at 1:00 Quote
mr-wilson wrote:
^^^ Think they mean here,

http://www.mountainbikecomponents.co.uk/

Correct...

Bearing kit for 07+ IH can be found through this site
HERE

Easy site to navigate through

Posted: Jul 5, 2009 at 9:21 Quote
timlake wrote:
Giant-Rider-Sam wrote:

Yep, thats what i thought...Cheers for clearing that up tim Wink ...
Agreed on that aswell. I reckon thats a big factor playing on possible purchasing minds...What linkage system to use now...Surely the staff who worked with IH have enough expertise to create a "new" linkage design...Surely theres nothing stopping them?

Oh and yes i am Point...stalking meBook Camera ? Why you ask?

Recognized the DP from SDH!

I forgot they had the ICT design.
I was talking to Darren (the Uplift Driver from Cwmdown in Wales) who's companies main sponsor is IH. He said they've heard nothing since the start of the year when the Jim Walker contacted him saying new year.
I think if they are still operating while looking for buyers, they should get a new prototype out, or at least some designs. That way, a new company will have at least some idea what they are buying into.

Looks like Iron Horse goes to auction in July: http://comecyclingwithme.com/?tag=triump

Posted: Feb 18, 2010 at 10:34 Quote
So i found this today and figured i'd put it up here.

Bankrupt Iron Horse Bicycles Acquired By Dorel

MONTREAL, Canada – The troubled Iron Horse Bicycles company has been bought by Dorel Industries Inc. owner of among them Cannondale, Schwinn, GT, and Sugoi.

The Canadians announced the acquisitions of certain assets of Iron Horse Bicycles like the inventory, various trademarks and trade names, as well as the ‘Iron Horse’ brand, in a transaction valued at € 3.35 million (US$5.2 million).

The assets were acquired in a bankruptcy auction by Iron Horse’s secured lender following that company's decision to suspend operations for financial reasons. In 2008 Iron Horses sales still reached € 16 million (US$25 million) globally.

Iron Horse, marketed throughout North America and internationally, is best known for its downhill and extreme trail bikes. Founded in 1987 in New York, Iron Horse Bicycles quickly established themselves. In addition to downhill and extreme trail bikes, Iron Horse products range from mountain bikes, road bikes, and comfort bikes to juvenile bikes and hybrids.

“Adding Iron Horse to our stable of existing bicycle brands, such as Cannondale, Schwinn, GT and Mongoose, brings depth to our mountain bike offerings,” said Robert Baird, President of Dorel’s Recreational/Leisure segment. “We see a growing interest in mountain biking and racing. Therefore the addition makes Dorel better suited to reach new retailers and, in turn, consumers.”

“This latest purchase is in line with the strategic road map we have developed to build our bicycle business into the leading global bicycle company,” stated Dorel President and CEO, Martin Schwartz. “While their 2008 sales were US$25 million, we are confident we can significantly grow this number. Iron Horse is another excellent brand that we will be able to leverage through our vast resources. The purchase price was most favourable and we look forward to an excellent return on this investment.”

Published @ 21-07-2009

http://www.bike-eu.com/news/3491/bankrupt-iron-horse-bicycles-acquired-by-dorel.html

Posted: Feb 18, 2010 at 11:10 Quote
notallowedtoswear wrote:
thats old news

clearly. it says that it's from july '09. however, it is still the most recent news posted in this thread.

Posted: Feb 18, 2010 at 11:41 Quote
well a bit of new news is that crc now stock iron horse

Posted: Feb 18, 2010 at 11:56 Quote
Damn just looked and your right they are on CRC and a sunday team is priced at £1500 that seems crazy cheap?

Posted: Feb 18, 2010 at 11:57 Quote
Yes it is. Rep went down probably.

Posted: Feb 18, 2010 at 12:53 Quote
they are on clearance.

Posted: Feb 18, 2010 at 15:10 Quote
Well i don't know about you guys but i'm really interested to see what the 2010 lineup will look like. If they even put one out that is.

Posted: Feb 18, 2010 at 15:15 Quote
its a couple of crap bmx frames

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.039932
Mobile Version of Website