Iron Horse parent company has gone bust.

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Iron Horse parent company has gone bust.
Posted: Apr 5, 2009 at 22:49 Quote
this stinks for me. my pivot bushing is shot, and there is no replacement. looks like im gonna have to go shopping for a new bike with the money i dont have. thats stupid that someone would be that greedy and ruin a whole company..Mad

Posted: Apr 6, 2009 at 2:16 Quote
dornob wrote:
Our Company is working on buying IronHorse at this moment.
i love you

Posted: Apr 6, 2009 at 2:22 Quote
Ive heard that ironhorse parts will still be available from BETD. So theres nothing to worry about if your bearings go, or you snap a mech hanger.

And another thing...IronHorse will more then likely be brought, look at the sales they got through selling the bikes...that company made money pretty well IMO.

Posted: Apr 6, 2009 at 3:58 Quote
dornob wrote:
Our Company is working on buying IronHorse at this moment.

What company is this? Fancy giving us some background information about your company?

Posted: Apr 6, 2009 at 4:00 Quote
Giant-Rider-Sam wrote:
Ive heard that ironhorse parts will still be available from BETD. So theres nothing to worry about if your bearings go, or you snap a mech hanger.

And another thing...IronHorse will more then likely be brought, look at the sales they got through selling the bikes...that company made money pretty well IMO.

Yep, the parts like Bearings and stuff will still be availble from companies that fabricate their own stuff. Like BETD and K9 industries and stuff.

If I had the money, I'd snap up IH in an instant. I think the reason for no-one buying them up yet, is that they haven't brought up an idea for the 2010 bikes that will lack the DW.

P.S Are you Point?

Posted: Apr 6, 2009 at 5:01 Quote
timlake wrote:
Giant-Rider-Sam wrote:

Yep, the parts like Bearings and stuff will still be availble from companies that fabricate their own stuff. Like BETD and K9 industries and stuff.

If I had the money, I'd snap up IH in an instant. I think the reason for no-one buying them up yet, is that they haven't brought up an idea for the 2010 bikes that will lack the DW.

P.S Are you Point?

Yep, thats what i thought...Cheers for clearing that up tim Wink ...
Agreed on that aswell. I reckon thats a big factor playing on possible purchasing minds...What linkage system to use now...Surely the staff who worked with IH have enough expertise to create a "new" linkage design...Surely theres nothing stopping them?

Oh and yes i am Point...stalking meBook Camera ? Why you ask?

Posted: Apr 6, 2009 at 5:44 Quote
It all happended when sam hill left! Will Spezilized survive? lol Shame abou this because there is guna be alot of people in shit trouble about this, as in bike parts replacment!

Posted: Apr 6, 2009 at 5:57 Quote
lukepallot wrote:
It all happended when sam hill left! Will Spezilized survive? lol Shame abou this because there is guna be alot of people in shit trouble about this, as in bike parts replacment!

OMFG are you retardedly blind?

Read my post and Tims...JEEZZZUSS some people Rolleyes

Posted: Apr 6, 2009 at 5:58 Quote
Iron Horse already had a contract in place to use Ellsworth ICT suspension which Ellsworth will be happy to go ahead with any new owner of the company.

Posted: Apr 6, 2009 at 5:58 Quote
Giant-Rider-Sam wrote:
Agreed on that aswell. I reckon thats a big factor playing on possible purchasing minds...What linkage system to use now...Surely the staff who worked with IH have enough expertise to create a "new" linkage design...Surely theres nothing stopping them?

ICT, or at least tentively bought the rights to use it from Tony Ellsworth.

Posted: Apr 6, 2009 at 6:00 Quote
mr-wilson wrote:
Giant-Rider-Sam wrote:

ICT, or at least tentively bought the rights to use it from Tony Ellsworth.

Well then, with that im sure a brilliant 2010 bike can be created, however if it was me taking over IH, i wouldnt make a new bike untill 2011...given theres not loads of time to design a bike let a lone fine tune one...

Posted: Apr 6, 2009 at 7:49 Quote
Giant-Rider-Sam wrote:
lukepallot wrote:

Its called a joke Wink

Posted: Apr 6, 2009 at 7:57 Quote
lukepallot wrote:
Giant-Rider-Sam wrote:
lukepallot wrote:

Its called a joke Wink
shite joke manFacepalm

Posted: Apr 6, 2009 at 7:57 Quote
lukepallot wrote:
Giant-Rider-Sam wrote:
lukepallot wrote:

Its called a joke Wink

Aha, theres not even a hope in hell that was a joke...dont try and worm your way out of idiocy

Posted: Apr 6, 2009 at 10:08 Quote
so did somone else completly buy ironhorse?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.030184
Mobile Version of Website