Will it fit on a KONA STINKY frame?

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Will it fit on a KONA STINKY frame?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Feb 27, 2009 at 8:51 Quote
i currently have a 2007 marin rocky ridge. i am buying a kona stinky frame and transfering all the parts across. will this work, and which kona stinky frame is the best to buy, 2007 or 2008 or any other year?
thanks, Ren.

Posted: Feb 27, 2009 at 8:54 Quote
firstly just check the sizes on the marin and kona website but it SHOULD all fit just make sure to check things like rear axle and head tube.
and as for frames the 08 and 09 are the newer ones and are the best, 07 is just the same as 06 and aint that good so i would probably recommend the 08 but then again there is better than a stinky.

Posted: Feb 27, 2009 at 8:55 Quote
marinrockyridge wrote:
i currently have a 2007 marin rocky ridge. i am buying a kona stinky frame and transfering all the parts across. will this work, and which kona stinky frame is the best to buy, 2007 or 2008 or any other year?
thanks, Ren.
don't get a stinky frame they are built rubbish!!
you can get a much better frame for the money second hand!!!!

O+
Posted: Feb 27, 2009 at 9:04 Quote
dmr-andy wrote:
marinrockyridge wrote:
thanks, Ren.

that is the smartest advice i've ever heard from anyone, anywhere, at anytime on pinkbike!

O+
Posted: Feb 27, 2009 at 9:27 Quote
lilwalters wrote:
dmr-andy wrote:
marinrockyridge wrote:
thanks, Ren.

that is the smartest advice i've ever heard from anyone, anywhere, at anytime on pinkbike!

I would not say they are rubbish... Just relatively unchanged and simple.
They are essentially a single pivot with a rocker to actuate the rear shock. Dont get the "07 Stinky" the rocker arm was under manafactured and has been known to fail.
Not overly progressive either...
Have a look at the following frames... That is a good range...

Transition Bottle-Rocket 5.5in
Devinci Frantick 6.6in
Giant Reign 6.7in
Spec Demo 7 7in
Commencal Mini DH 6.4in

KF

O+
Posted: Feb 27, 2009 at 9:28 Quote
agreed, unchanged and simple is accurate...

on that though, who wants to pay 2009 prices for pre-millenium technology??

not me...

rocky mountain is equally guilty, as is norco

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.019178
Mobile Version of Website