Does SALT kill weeds and grass?

PB Forum :: Trail Building
Does SALT kill weeds and grass?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Feb 28, 2009 at 10:51 Quote
basically we got some weeds and grass to clear at our trails, and i heard somewhere that salt kills them lol ?
cheers

Posted: Feb 28, 2009 at 10:58 Quote
yeah rob i does i just looked on sum gardening website Razz

Posted: Feb 28, 2009 at 11:00 Quote
wellsey wrote:

sweet, next saturday then we'll go co-op and buy f*ck loads of salt haha ?

Posted: Feb 28, 2009 at 11:05 Quote
robyhsb wrote:
wellsey wrote:

sweet, next saturday then we'll go co-op and buy f*ck loads of salt haha ?
haha yh ok dude Razz

Posted: Feb 28, 2009 at 11:08 Quote
Just sprinkle the salt??

Posted: Feb 28, 2009 at 11:09 Quote
doesn't salt promote rust? not that it really matters to me, but it does to some...

Posted: Feb 28, 2009 at 11:09 Quote
if you put to much wont that kill the dirt your working with and then salt will kick up and eat your bike =(

a better way would be mix some salt water (heat up water then add in salt and mix in really well so that it dissolves then feed it right on the weeds...

for the grass if its really really tall cut it down then ride over it a bunch and that will probably work much better

if the grass is that tall really stiff annoying shitty kind, go get a shovel or a grub hoe and beat the shit outa it =)

O+
Posted: May 10, 2009 at 18:18 Quote
ya i just put a shitload of salt to get rid of this grass.. it was like a foot high, so ill tell u guys how well it works

O+ FL
Posted: May 10, 2009 at 18:21 Quote
What happened to the good ole' rake?

O+
Posted: May 10, 2009 at 18:22 Quote
Canadmos wrote:
What happened to the good ole' rake?

lazyness and tough dirt

Posted: May 10, 2009 at 19:06 Quote
i cleared half an acre today using a scythe cutting 2 and a half foot tall grass... im so tired but theres so much space now =)

Posted: May 10, 2009 at 19:25 Quote
Salt will kill the grass but it will also poison the soil so nothing will grow there for a long time

Posted: May 10, 2009 at 19:34 Quote
karstenh wrote:
Salt will kill the grass but it will also poison the soil so nothing will grow there for a long time

what do you want to plant on or near your jumps or pump track? haha but yea it is kinda bad for the soil and people might be mad if they kick you off and try to develop it but whatever

Posted: May 10, 2009 at 19:36 Quote
respect the land you work with Rolleyes

Posted: May 10, 2009 at 19:39 Quote
zhayne wrote:
if you put to much wont that kill the dirt your working with and then salt will kick up and eat your bike =(

a better way would be mix some salt water (heat up water then add in salt and mix in really well so that it dissolves then feed it right on the weeds...

for the grass if its really really tall cut it down then ride over it a bunch and that will probably work much better

if the grass is that tall really stiff annoying shitty kind, go get a shovel or a grub hoe and beat the shit outa it =)

ya this will be more effective, as the plants will absorb it

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011187
Mobile Version of Website