2011 O-cup dh discussion

PB Forum :: Downhill
2011 O-cup dh discussion
Posted: Sep 30, 2011 at 16:21 Quote
NWray wrote:
Ridgeracer wrote:
Gentlemen, your points are very good indeed but unfortunately this still isn't getting us anywhere, complaining about people complaining will not fix the situation. I do agree though prices were fairly expensive but then again, it is for a good reason. Downhill racing in Ontario is fairly more expensive than other places due to the fact that it isn't quite known for it's mountain biking. Just make sure that you guys are all sending some mail to OCA letting them know how you feel and hope that they can find a solution to this situation. No one said that your email had to state that you are angry that no one is running the downhill next year, it just showing how many people will be missing the downhill scene and hoping that someone will fill Sir Bike alot's place if it isn't himself. But for the time being, is anyone headed to Horseshoe this weekend for the Norco ride?

i would.... but no ride Frown nor do i have monies...

I was planning to go but i have no ride either Frown its pretty cheap to ride for the weekend tho, only $25 for both sat and sun

Posted: Sep 30, 2011 at 16:23 Quote
I'm hopefully going horseshoe tomorrow.

Posted: Oct 1, 2011 at 11:47 Quote
http://www.ontariocycling.org/sirbikealot-stepping-organizing-ontario-cup-downhill-races/

"Sirbikealot Stepping Down From Organizing Ontario Cup Downhill Races

Posted by Greg in OCA News Thursday, 29 September 2011 18:16 No Comments

Sirbikealot Racing, owned and operated by Peter Appleton, is stepping down as the organizer of the Ontario Cycling Association’s downhill mountain bike O-Cup series. After many years as the sole organizer for the series Peter has decided to move on. We thank Peter for all his hard work in developing the series.

With the departure of Sirbikealot racing an exciting opportunity has been created for an individual or a group to come forward and organize a single race or perhaps as the series organizer. We encourage anyone with a serious interest to contact the OCA with an expression of interest that includes a short bio, their vision for a series or a stand alone event and what venue they would feature. All responses will be confidential. Please respond by October 15, 2011

At the same time we look forward to feedback from the DH community on how to change up the series, improvements they would like or what they like about it now. We are also very interested in developing race officials with roots in the DH Community.

Expressions of interest, feedback or an interest in officiating should be sent to DH@ontariocycling.net

The OCA is committed to Downhill racing and we look forward to receiving feedback from our members and working with potential organizers and officials to create an exciting race series for 2012 and beyond.

Jim Crosscombe

Executive Director
"

there was alot of rumors about everywhere, don't jump to conclusions.

Posted: Oct 2, 2011 at 6:45 Quote
For anyone who is curious as to how large an inner tube can get if you inflate it till goes... Here you are.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXitAgmy8IA

Posted: Oct 2, 2011 at 20:22 Quote
Hey guys ☺

I would love to pick your lovely, full-face protected brains if you’d be so kind.

What, for you personally, makes the OCups so great?
and what could make it better?
Where do you see the series going?
and how do you see it getting there?
What needs to change, and what needs to stay the same (Traditions, characters)?

Please share here or msg me.
Thank you!!
Trish

Posted: Oct 3, 2011 at 9:29 Quote
I would like to see 4x back.

Posted: Oct 3, 2011 at 10:46 Quote
jpv2008 wrote:

You will not see gravity fed 4X in Ontario. Track 2000 (bmx) type 4x racing is a possibility but most riders want gravity fed 4x racing.

Posted: Oct 3, 2011 at 11:13 Quote
dhpig wrote:
jpv2008 wrote:

You will not see gravity fed 4X in Ontario. Track 2000 (bmx) type 4x racing is a possibility but most riders want gravity fed 4x racing.

If riders want gravity fed 4x they could always use McLennan Bike Park in Kitchener. I dunno if its been brought up to the OCA about racing there but it'd be a sweet track to do it on

Posted: Oct 3, 2011 at 11:16 Quote
beeboo wrote:
dhpig wrote:
jpv2008 wrote:

If riders want gravity fed 4x they could always use McLennan Bike Park in Kitchener. I dunno if its been brought up to the OCA about racing there but it'd be a sweet track to do it on

It would need a lot of work though.

Those jumps would all have to be reshaped, but I like the idea...

Posted: Oct 3, 2011 at 11:18 Quote
ritchierich wrote:
beeboo wrote:
dhpig wrote:

It would need a lot of work though.

Those jumps would all have to be reshaped, but I like the idea...

Thats where build days come in handy

Posted: Oct 3, 2011 at 12:19 Quote
A 4 race gated racing series would be fun. 2 races at mclennan and 2 races at track 2000 possibly. Or maybe a dual slalom.

Posted: Oct 3, 2011 at 12:50 Quote
jpv2008 wrote:
A 4 race gated racing series would be fun. 2 races at mclennan and 2 races at track 2000 possibly. Or maybe a dual slalom.

that would be awesome... only problem is the city of kitchener would never go for
it.... (the mclennan races)

and for what its worth.... the 4x track at Mclennan is mint right now, just takes a certain riding technique to not over shoot(race jumping is MANDAORY if you wanna go fast)

Posted: Oct 3, 2011 at 17:08 Quote
jpv2008 wrote:

MacLennan is a horrible idea, McLennan park is a huge death trap, all the jumps and ground there is solid as hell. It'd be one huge death trap to anyone who fell and then like it was the said the jumps are retarded small but if you brought a hard tail, definitely possible to just bunny hop the lips.

Posted: Oct 4, 2011 at 12:17 Quote
Just suggestions. What's going on on the DH side?

Posted: Oct 4, 2011 at 12:50 Quote
jpv2008 wrote:
Just suggestions. What's going on on the DH side?

For Ontario based riders, your options for 2012 will be:

Race Series
Q-Cups
Canada Cups
Gravity East DH Series
Pro GRT

Single Races
US Open
East Coast Open
Downhill Mike's Whiteface races
Mont Saint Anne and Windham World Cups (for about 2 Ontario riders)

Get your car tuned up, because next year you will be doing a lot of driving.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006798
Mobile Version of Website