Specialized P1 New Parts ?

PB Forum :: Specialized
Specialized P1 New Parts ?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 1, 2009 at 10:15 Quote
hey, i have just ordered a specialized p1 from my local bike store and they have a deal where i can get 15% free accessories which is roughly £80. I was wondering what people thought i should get for it?

one definate is new pedals cus i think the stock ones are plastic

Posted: Mar 4, 2009 at 14:01 Quote
kazza0320 wrote:
hey, i have just ordered a specialized p1 from my local bike store and they have a deal where i can get 15% free accessories which is roughly £80. I was wondering what people thought i should get for it?

Stock pedals are NOT plastic, they're aluminium alloy.
I would look more towards some decent rims; Halo S.A.S. | Spank Subrosa/Stiffy | Sun Ringle EQ31 | Sun Ringle Double Track.
Maybe new handlebars/forks. Maybe you should ride the bike a few days first, find out what you don't like the feel of and change it.

Posted: Mar 4, 2009 at 14:06 Quote
DJ-FR-Ky wrote:
kazza0320 wrote:

I would look more towards some decent rims; Halo S.A.S. | Spank Subrosa/Stiffy | Sun Ringle EQ31 | Sun Ringle Double Track.
Maybe new handlebars/forks. Maybe you should ride the bike a few days first, find out what you don't like the feel of and change it.
my mate got the p1 09 and they came with plastic pedals fitted but they gave him some specialized metal pedals too, still neither sets were any good so I aid say get new pedals regardless

Posted: Mar 7, 2009 at 4:53 Quote
[Quote="johnrichy"]
DJ-FR-Ky wrote:
kazza0320 wrote:

my mate got the p1 09 and they came with plastic pedals fitted but they gave him some specialized metal pedals too, still neither sets were any good so I aid say get new pedals regardless[/Quote

I got Odyssey Twisted Plastic pedals in Orange.. And a Federal SL seat and Federal Stump Seatpost (white) pretty good purchases..

Posted: Mar 7, 2009 at 5:01 Quote
keep the plastic pedals, there light grippy and will forgive your shins. also i would get new tires, kenda small block 8's, micro knobbys's or bontrager xr1

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010259
Mobile Version of Website