Hayes 9 not working

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Hayes 9 not working
  • Next Page
Posted: Jan 25, 2010 at 20:27 Quote
Hey i have a problem with my hayes 9. I have almost full pads and lots of preasure in the hoses, But they just keep turning when i sqeeze them. What could i do to fix this delema?

Posted: Jan 25, 2010 at 20:48 Quote
norcor1der wrote:
Hey i have a problem with my hayes 9. I have almost full pads and lots of preasure in the hoses, But they just keep turning when i sqeeze them. What could i do to fix this delema?

you problem is that you bought hayes 9

Only good solution is replacing thiem because they suck and are dangerous

Posted: Jan 26, 2010 at 13:54 Quote
norcor1der wrote:

take your wheel out and pump the pads out abit not to much at first and eventually theyll bite... let me know how you get on!!

Posted: Jan 26, 2010 at 15:49 Quote
matty-dh wrote:
norcor1der wrote:

take your wheel out and pump the pads out abit not to much at first and eventually theyll bite... let me know how you get on!!

How do you Pump the pads out abit???

Posted: Jan 26, 2010 at 15:53 Quote
norcor1der wrote:
matty-dh wrote:
norcor1der wrote:

Do you mean your wheel keeps turning? Like the pads have no bite? Don't hit the lever if your wheel is out cuz your pistons will push in and you'll have to pry them open.

Posted: Jan 26, 2010 at 15:57 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
norcor1der wrote:
matty-dh wrote:

Do you mean your wheel keeps turning? Like the pads have no bite? Don't hit the lever if your wheel is out cuz your pistons will push in and you'll have to pry them open.

Hey yeah my pads dont bite the wheel keeps turning..... so wut were u trying to explain to me to do??? THanks

Posted: Jan 26, 2010 at 15:58 Quote
Did you get any grease or anything on your pads or rotor? Are they new? If you got stuff on them you can try and sand paper the pads and rotor or boiling the pads to get the grease out or drop some dough for new pads. if they're new they need to break in, burnish a little.

Posted: Jan 26, 2010 at 21:30 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
Did you get any grease or anything on your pads or rotor? Are they new? If you got stuff on them you can try and sand paper the pads and rotor or boiling the pads to get the grease out or drop some dough for new pads. if they're new they need to break in, burnish a little.

I think the previous owner may have got grease on them. Thanks for the advice!

Posted: Jan 27, 2010 at 4:31 Quote
matty-dh wrote:
norcor1der wrote:

pump the brake lever a few times with the wheel out dont sand your pads if you get them uneven there ruined!

Posted: Jan 27, 2010 at 4:33 Quote
Solution = Buy avid next time tup

Posted: Jan 27, 2010 at 4:34 Quote
rockstardude wrote:

solution buy hope

Posted: Jan 27, 2010 at 4:37 Quote
matty-dh wrote:
rockstardude wrote:

solution buy hope
Yea that too but if he has hayes 9 he prob isnt gunna have the cash for hope.

Posted: Jan 27, 2010 at 8:47 Quote
rockstardude wrote:
matty-dh wrote:
rockstardude wrote:

solution buy hope
Yea that too but if he has hayes 9 he prob isnt gunna have the cash for hope.

Lol i just bought the bike and it came with hayes 9. So yeah im pre broke right now lol

Posted: Jan 27, 2010 at 9:43 Quote
I sorted mine out... I bought some Juicy 7's! I tried to take apart the Hayes but it fell apart as I did so... So I figured that if its made of monkey metal, I dont want them on my bike... Juicy 7's all the way!

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013491
Mobile Version of Website