Mt.Prevost - Duncan, British Columbia

PB Forum :: Downhill
Mt.Prevost - Duncan, British Columbia
  • Previous Page
FL
Posted: Mar 1, 2009 at 14:11 Quote
Anything about Mt.Prevost! The best place on VanIsle to ride...

Riding dates,
Trail Status,
Road Status,
Snow Status,
Directions,
Events,
Trail Days,

ETC.

Posted: Mar 1, 2009 at 19:26 Quote
anyone got word on current conditions?

Posted: Mar 1, 2009 at 19:33 Quote
Drove up there today and still lots of snow. Snow on satellite road as well. Was a fun rip down the logging road.

Posted: Mar 3, 2009 at 19:59 Quote
how many trails are there on prevost that are rideable? ive only ridden one (very top to bottom, i dont know the name)

...what are the other trails like(dh or big jumps/drops)

Posted: Mar 3, 2009 at 20:04 Quote
best place next to my oh so secret trails

FL
Posted: Mar 4, 2009 at 8:47 Quote
jackaljumps wrote:
how many trails are there on prevost that are rideable? ive only ridden one (very top to bottom, i dont know the name)

I don't have time now to explain them all. But their are 3 Main DH Trails and then 1 suuper freeride trail called daisy. Massive hits on that one. The one right down from the top is clevage, which goes onto a trail called graceland. Then that one goes off to the left and the prevost dh is on the right, the trail from steve smiths section. super fun course, arguably best on vancouver island.

Posted: Mar 4, 2009 at 19:02 Quote
FaultLineMediaGroup wrote:
jackaljumps wrote:

I don't have time now to explain them all. But their are 3 Main DH Trails and then 1 suuper freeride trail called daisy. Massive hits on that one. The one right down from the top is clevage, which goes onto a trail called graceland. Then that one goes off to the left and the prevost dh is on the right, the trail from steve smiths section. super fun course, arguably best on vancouver island.

yeah, the one ive rode is clevage and prevost dh i think...i found daisy a while back, it looked pretty run down though and it kinda just ended.

Posted: Mar 9, 2009 at 13:36 Quote
Hey went up there yesterday (March 8th) the roads still have snow on them cause they go around the back side of the mountain and are in the shade. So driving up right now would be pretty hard. But you can hike up the Prevost DH trail just fine it's almost all in the sun cause it's on the south side of the mountain and there's almost no snow until you start getting close to the new step down in the clearing. I dunno about the other trails but there's a little bit of work that's been done on the main DH trail, but for the most part it looked pretty un-ridden all winter but it's in pretty good shape. Not much erosion from water running down the trail either.
Now there's been a bit of logging activity and from the trail you can see that there's been a new logging road built on the south side of the mountain so it's out of the shade and doesn't look like it has snow on it. I would really like to find out more about this road cause it's looks free of snow and would work for shuttles. But I don't know how to get to it. I think to find it you might have go farther up the Cowichan Valley Hwy. But I dunno for sure.

Posted: Mar 9, 2009 at 16:05 Quote
OnYourLeft wrote:
Hey went up there yesterday (March 8th) the roads still have snow on them cause they go around the back side of the mountain and are in the shade. So driving up right now would be pretty hard. But you can hike up the Prevost DH trail just fine it's almost all in the sun cause it's on the south side of the mountain and there's almost no snow until you start getting close to the new step down in the clearing. I dunno about the other trails but there's a little bit of work that's been done on the main DH trail, but for the most part it looked pretty un-ridden all winter but it's in pretty good shape. Not much erosion from water running down the trail either.
Now there's been a bit of logging activity and from the trail you can see that there's been a new logging road built on the south side of the mountain so it's out of the shade and doesn't look like it has snow on it. I would really like to find out more about this road cause it's looks free of snow and would work for shuttles. But I don't know how to get to it. I think to find it you might have go farther up the Cowichan Valley Hwy. But I dunno for sure.
sweet, thanks for the update! now i just need to have enough money to finish my bike Frown

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 9:56 Quote
any 0onews on road condition?0................

FL
Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 12:49 Quote
westislandbiker wrote:

worse than march 8th.

Posted: Apr 15, 2009 at 22:58 Quote
FaultLineMediaGroup wrote:
westislandbiker wrote:

worse than march 8th.
is it ridable yet?

Posted: Apr 16, 2009 at 8:03 Quote
graceland and down is rideable you need to take satilite road up and it takes you right to the trail

Posted: Apr 16, 2009 at 22:30 Quote
so there's still snow??

FL
Posted: Apr 16, 2009 at 22:47 Quote
No! Everyone come on Sunday April 19th! tones of people are gonna be their. and us!

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012408
Mobile Version of Website