.NORTHSTAR bike park/ski resort. *specific forum*

PB Forum :: USA - West
.NORTHSTAR bike park/ski resort. *specific forum*
  • Previous Page
Posted: Mar 1, 2009 at 20:31 Quote
hey, pretty explanatory, if you wanna give a ahout out to how awesome the park is, any suggestions for trails/races, or anything to say about the mountain, feel free

Northstar rocks, all season
can i get an amen?

Posted: Mar 1, 2009 at 20:36 Quote
church sucks, but northstar rocks

FL
Posted: Mar 1, 2009 at 20:37 Quote
I will definately give you an amen. As of Last year, my favorite trails in order had to be:

1. Gypsy
2. Livewire
3. Karpiel
4. Dogbone
5. Speed Control
6. Phodog
7. Upper Flameout
8. Little Trees

Next season I want to get Sticks & Stones and Dogbone completely dialed because they are super fun and very technical trails.

Posted: Mar 1, 2009 at 20:40 Quote
id have to give it in this order:

1. gypsy
2. speed control
3. lower phodog
4.flamout
5.karpiel
6. doggy boner
7. livewire

O+ FL
Posted: Mar 1, 2009 at 20:41 Quote
i will agree they gyspsy is the best out there i love that trail...livewire is just to fun to not do over and over as well...boondocks is actually pretty sweet as well

FL
Posted: Mar 1, 2009 at 20:48 Quote
Yea the reason why I never liked Boondocks last season was because I never got a chance to remember the trail and everyone knows that the very first time you ride a techy trail is not fun until you start remembering where you pedal, brake, and the best line to bomb through. I liked livewire because you could just coast the whole thing and just flow without effort and screw around in the air. Lol, did anyone ride the last day of the season? Oh my god speed control was amazing!!! There was no sand and every berm was just super tacky so that you could blaze through them. That was the best day I have ever had of riding mountain bikes.

Posted: Mar 1, 2009 at 20:49 Quote
ahhaa, i learned how to whip on live wire

FL
Posted: Mar 1, 2009 at 20:50 Quote
Same here, lol, I felt so cool when I learned to whip. lol

Posted: Mar 1, 2009 at 21:35 Quote
i love nothstar!

O+
Posted: Mar 1, 2009 at 21:39 Quote
i pretty much did gypsy and livewire for 3 days and did nothing else.

Posted: Mar 1, 2009 at 21:50 Quote
i love north star its where i cut up my legstup but anyways its an awsome park the new dj's are awsome and the amount of trails plus chairlifts is unbelievable

Posted: Mar 1, 2009 at 21:52 Quote
i did livewire 23 consecutive times in a row

Posted: Mar 1, 2009 at 21:56 Quote
Dude Northstar is killer. Can't wait till the summer to go ride there. Only a couple more months to go.

Posted: Mar 1, 2009 at 22:12 Quote
Northstar has really stepped up its game the past couple years. Boondocks was super nice last year compared to other years. and Dogbone/Lower Sticks and Stones are still super sick tech.

so over school. summer needs to come now! hitting up whistler and northstar! stoked

Posted: Mar 2, 2009 at 7:48 Quote
sorry to burst your bubble, i went to whistler last summer before northstar, lets just say northstar kinda sucked, all the burms were blown out etc etc.

if your going to tahoe to ride, try northstar for an afternoon or for the day, but after that, there is a 15min long DH shuttle run above incline village, and it makes northstar look kinda crappy, its 15min long, and there is another 2 miles above the normal starting point that is open only on certain days.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.029756
Mobile Version of Website