.NORTHSTAR bike park/ski resort. *specific forum*

PB Forum :: USA - West
.NORTHSTAR bike park/ski resort. *specific forum*
Posted: Aug 20, 2013 at 10:38 Quote
hmm that's weak. Im out visiting Jackson wy right now, another vail resort. they charge $35 a day; is northstar still $50+?

Posted: Aug 20, 2013 at 10:40 Quote
i think its like $48 for a day pass

Posted: Aug 20, 2013 at 10:40 Quote
$48. But yeah thats about $50. Might go up Sat. Stoked to check out lower Gypsy.

Posted: Aug 20, 2013 at 10:41 Quote
dude lower Gypsy looks so sweet from the lifts

Posted: Aug 20, 2013 at 10:41 Quote
i havent been since early July so it wasnt open

Posted: Aug 20, 2013 at 10:44 Quote
andrewwieland13 wrote:
dude lower Gypsy looks so sweet from the lifts
Yah Ive been working on getting the top section dialed. Going faster after each run. Did 6 Gypsy runs last time I was up there. Just so much fun.

Posted: Aug 20, 2013 at 12:35 Quote
damn dude haha... i thought three livewire runs were exhausting

Posted: Aug 20, 2013 at 12:56 Quote
andrewwieland13 wrote:
damn dude haha... i thought three livewire runs were exhausting

Haha. All of LW is exhausting. I dont do many of it. I should. Just fast and sketch sometimes. Oh well. Vista time! Big Grin

Posted: Aug 20, 2013 at 13:39 Quote
I did 6 livewire runs in a row last time I went... Went for that "one last run" before taking a break and crashed lol. Gonna be back up there end of this month though. Can't wait to hit the whole gypsy now that it's open.

Posted: Aug 20, 2013 at 15:30 Quote
Lower gypsy is a huge disappointment in my opinion....

Posted: Aug 20, 2013 at 16:05 Quote
ustemuf wrote:
Too slopestyle-y for you Kurt? Big Grin

Posted: Aug 20, 2013 at 16:28 Quote
The center ramp jump is pretty cool, rock section just seems kind of annoying to me, would have preferred something more flowy in that section, but whatever...

Posted: Aug 20, 2013 at 16:33 Quote
boylagz wrote:
ustemuf wrote:

There wasn't really anything slope style ish about it..

Goes over the fire road into unflowy trail, pedal for a lame wood ramp jump that goes no where... Sure those wood ramps look cool... But that's about it - just looks... You ride over and then go down.....

Then the super unchallenging "rock road" that leads out to more loose, Unflowy trail...

It's not a rock garden so I won't call it that. Sure once again it looks cool, but that's about it.

Posted: Aug 20, 2013 at 17:17 Quote
ustemuf wrote:
boylagz wrote:
ustemuf wrote:

There wasn't really anything slope style ish about it..

Goes over the fire road into unflowy trail, pedal for a lame wood ramp jump that goes no where... Sure those wood ramps look cool... But that's about it - just looks... You ride over and then go down.....

Then the super unchallenging "rock road" that leads out to more loose, Unflowy trail...

It's not a rock garden so I won't call it that. Sure once again it looks cool, but that's about it.

yup, I was also disappointed by it. A lot of hype, and it is pretty "meh."

Posted: Aug 20, 2013 at 17:28 Quote
I was having a lot more fun on the new hip jump to the right of Speed Control. fun little drop off a rock and then into this jump..

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.railmaster.net/speedhip.jpg
well you can shoot it straight... but it's better as a hip Smile and you can f*ckin send it if you pin in.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014569
Mobile Version of Website