.NORTHSTAR bike park/ski resort. *specific forum*

PB Forum :: USA - West
.NORTHSTAR bike park/ski resort. *specific forum*
Posted: Aug 31, 2013 at 21:09 Quote
Because everyone has a their own preferences, speed, weight, and we all ride in different conditions and run different tire and rim combinations. Different sidewall materials and thickness as well as rubber durometer and rim width are all contributing factors, to how a tire feels and works. My local trails 28 psi is just much in the winter. There's no grip. So I run it lower. Works like a champ.

Posted: Aug 31, 2013 at 21:10 Quote
I just like to worry about riding my bike down the hill ahahaha

Posted: Aug 31, 2013 at 21:19 Quote
28/30 'cept when I'm climbing. Granted I only tip rhe scales at 140lbs with gear. Kinda likin' my new Butcher up front too. Seems to have the same grip as Les Minions and lighter too.

Posted: Aug 31, 2013 at 23:07 Quote
Livewire was fixed up pretty good when I was up there today. The bottom section still has a couple big bombholes and isn't as nice but eh it's rideable. Not the worst it could be... Also the smoke wasn't bad at all. Fairly clear actually.

Posted: Sep 1, 2013 at 9:16 Quote
Smokes in HARD today. It was already nasty at about 7:30 this morning. Seems like a good day for an outdoor wedding in the lake.

Posted: Sep 1, 2013 at 9:44 Quote
adudeonabike wrote:
Smokes in HARD today. It was already nasty at about 7:30 this morning. Seems like a good day for an outdoor wedding in the lake.
Thanks for the update. I'm planning on going up tomorrow, if its smokey, ill leave the Fam at home and only ruin my own lungs.

Posted: Sep 1, 2013 at 11:45 Quote
I recomend 30/32 for a 240 pound rider

Posted: Sep 1, 2013 at 13:34 Quote
Whistler has done me dirty already... dont know if its safe to ride or not
low tire pressures sucks
27.5/29 for loam
29/30 for roots
31/32.5 for N* or rocky balboa shit

Posted: Sep 1, 2013 at 17:43 Quote
How was the race? I'm curious, does anybody actually enjoy racing on Livewire? It seems like a giant pedal fest to me. It's basically Sea Otter with bigger jumps and braking bumps.

Posted: Sep 1, 2013 at 21:33 Quote
kev1n wrote:
Whistler has done me dirty already... dont know if its safe to ride or not
low tire pressures sucks
27.5/29 for loam
29/30 for roots
31/32.5 for N* or rocky balboa shit
Dent city Jackson

Posted: Sep 2, 2013 at 2:17 Quote
Where is this place at? Seems pretty fun?

Posted: Sep 2, 2013 at 9:40 Quote
RyanSimonovichVidZ wrote:
How was the race? I'm curious, does anybody actually enjoy racing on Livewire? It seems like a giant pedal fest to me. It's basically Sea Otter with bigger jumps and braking bumps.
that's a good comparison. Pedal fest and scrubbing. Not their best dh race but it was still fun.

Posted: Sep 2, 2013 at 9:42 Quote
Anyone know who the photographer was on livewire yesterday?? It d be sick to find some pics.

Posted: Sep 2, 2013 at 13:24 Quote
Baby dent there kev... 30 for loam is wayy too high

Posted: Sep 2, 2013 at 13:53 Quote
elimikhail wrote:
Anyone know who the photographer was on livewire yesterday?? It d be sick to find some pics.

Anyone know who the crew was that was filming on livewire saturday? Also I saw a couple photographers and a guy with an ipad. Any idea where I can see those.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.029784
Mobile Version of Website