.NORTHSTAR bike park/ski resort. *specific forum*

PB Forum :: USA - West
.NORTHSTAR bike park/ski resort. *specific forum*
Posted: Sep 2, 2013 at 14:01 Quote
No smoke today and nice and cool

Posted: Sep 2, 2013 at 16:10 Quote
... Oh and I got to meet Cam Zink since he was on the mountain today.

Posted: Sep 2, 2013 at 20:17 Quote
kev1n wrote:
Whistler has done me dirty already... dont know if its safe to ride or not
low tire pressures sucks
27.5/29 for loam
29/30 for roots
31/32.5 for N* or rocky balboa shit

dude you can get that out easy just get a dirt bike tire iron and a cresent wrench and put the tire iron on the outer side of rim over dent and put cresent wrench on the inside and open it up so its big enough to go on the outside of the tire iron and just pull back it took all the dents out of my wheels no prob

O+
Posted: Sep 2, 2013 at 20:31 Quote
Ya and risk cracking the rim, just leave it bent. It's stronger.

Posted: Sep 2, 2013 at 20:36 Quote
OR... get a new rim!!! Big Grin

Posted: Sep 2, 2013 at 21:45 Quote
rapit2theredline wrote:
Well I'm running Stan's no tubes tubeless set up and today at the bottom of the run I hit the woodchip burm to hard and burped my rear tire .. Aired it back up and took a livewire run and at the bottom again my whole tire poped off the tire and I was straight rim to rock .. Distroyed my rims .. After that put tubes in and poped everyone today .. So I think I'm going back to tubeless .. Just need to put 2 cups of Stan's sealant instead of 1
one of my friends told me a way to deal with this (I'm not sure if this works but its worth a try) set your wheel like your going to go tubeless and then throw a tube in there and if your tube pops then the air will seep into the tubeless tire and it wont be affected (i would do more research on this I dont know much about tubeless tires) hope this helps

Posted: Sep 2, 2013 at 21:49 Quote
JCNorthshoreAM wrote:
rapit2theredline wrote:
Well I'm running Stan's no tubes tubeless set up and today at the bottom of the run I hit the woodchip burm to hard and burped my rear tire .. Aired it back up and took a livewire run and at the bottom again my whole tire poped off the tire and I was straight rim to rock .. Distroyed my rims .. After that put tubes in and poped everyone today .. So I think I'm going back to tubeless .. Just need to put 2 cups of Stan's sealant instead of 1
one of my friends told me a way to deal with this (I'm not sure if this works but its worth a try) set your wheel like your going to go tubeless and then throw a tube in there and if your tube pops then the air will seep into the tubeless tire and it wont be affected (i would do more research on this I dont know much about tubeless tires) hope this helps

yah ive heard of this and accually I think im going to try this !! thanks

O+
Posted: Sep 3, 2013 at 0:39 Quote
Mick Hannah runs a tubed tubeless set up. So he has two valve stems and has to set the pressures correct so that they come out to a total pressure that he likes. It seems pretty complicated but I'm sure you can find his setup floating around the Internet somewhere

O+
Posted: Sep 3, 2013 at 7:13 Quote
tstep3 wrote:
Mick Hannah runs a tubed tubeless set up. So he has two valve stems and has to set the pressures correct so that they come out to a total pressure that he likes. It seems pretty complicated but I'm sure you can find his setup floating around the Internet somewhere

Steve smith does the same thing. Pretty trick set up. Kind of lose the weight savings there though.

Posted: Sep 3, 2013 at 21:49 Quote
Dont usually post on here but got some n* clips in this from a few weeks back
Views: 6,851    Faves: 59    Comments: 18

Posted: Sep 6, 2013 at 20:45 Quote
Mdcbiking wrote:
Dont usually post on here but got some n* clips in this from a few weeks back
Views: 6,851    Faves: 59    Comments: 18
you guys killed it

O+
Posted: Sep 7, 2013 at 15:37 Quote
Hey, new trail! The lower section of Flameout got a nice revamp with some fun berms and a few new tabletops. Beats the heck out of the pedally middle section, which I still hate on my DH bike.

Good work trail crew! I was afraid they took away your dirt tools and replaced them with hammer and nails. Whip

Looked pretty smoky this morning but it didn't bother my breathing too much (and I am semi-allergic to smoke).

Rain plz. k? Thx.

Posted: Sep 7, 2013 at 15:38 Quote
fgiraffe wrote:
Hey, new trail! The lower section of Flameout got a nice revamp with some fun berms and a few new tabletops. Beats the heck out of the pedally middle section, which I still hate on my DH bike.

Good work trail crew! I was afraid they took away your dirt tools and replaced them with hammer and nails. Whip

Looked pretty smoky this morning but it didn't bother my breathing too much (and I am semi-allergic to smoke).

Rain plz. k? Thx.
Haha lower flameout is pretty cool, I did over clear the shit out of those new tables though haha, wasnt expecting them to be so small, still a good time though

Posted: Sep 7, 2013 at 20:43 Quote
hey guys so after my trip now and ruining my stans I have an idea .. I was thinking about putting some wire beads on but when I run my light weight tires i was thinking about putting stans no tubes sealent inside the tube almost like a slime tube just one cup let me know if any body has any experience with it or if its a good idea for northstar to help with the rocky stuff when you want to just plow through it or let me know if you think im stupid and you have a better idea!

Posted: Sep 7, 2013 at 20:53 Quote
really important tips for new riders:

1. please don't stop on the top of a jump
2. please don't stop on the landing of a jump
3. please don't stop in the trail where you are blocking others from passing without changing their line
4. please don't stop suddenly without warning just because you sense someone is behind you
5. please stay predictable
6. please stay off trails above your skill level
7. please don't stop on the top of a jump with your bike turned sideways. this is even more important than tip #1.

regards,
-the dude dodging inconsiderate a*sholes.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019472
Mobile Version of Website