.NORTHSTAR bike park/ski resort. *specific forum*

PB Forum :: USA - West
.NORTHSTAR bike park/ski resort. *specific forum*
Author Message
Posted: Sep 27, 2013 at 17:56 Quote
12000 people on hill whaaaaaat?! I miss high season in the winter; at least then they are spread out.

Posted: Sep 29, 2013 at 18:13 Quote
hey does anybody know some good places to lodge or a good site to get really cheap deals in the village I want to plan a trip for the last weekend and im only staying one night if that helps thanks

Posted: Sep 29, 2013 at 18:14 Quote
rapit2theredline wrote:
hey does anybody know some good places to lodge or a good site to get really cheap deals in the village I want to plan a trip for the last weekend and im only staying one night if that helps thanks
camp at martis creek! under $20 a night or suns n sand lodge in kings beach, i stayed there a few weeks ago when it hailed for the first time, i think its $75 a night or something

Posted: Sep 29, 2013 at 18:14 Quote
oh and if anyone needs a shiny new aurum mines for sale!

Posted: Sep 29, 2013 at 18:32 Quote
jonathanheierle wrote:
oh and if anyone needs a shiny new aurum mines for sale!
why are you selling your bike? arent you healed up? start riding!!

Posted: Sep 29, 2013 at 18:33 Quote
downhilla-trailbuilda13 wrote:
jonathanheierle wrote:
oh and if anyone needs a shiny new aurum mines for sale!
why are you selling your bike? arent you healed up? start riding!!
I wanna get an all mountain bike, I've gained like 10 pounds from sitting around haha

Posted: Sep 29, 2013 at 19:23 Quote
jonathanheierle wrote:
rapit2theredline wrote:
hey does anybody know some good places to lodge or a good site to get really cheap deals in the village I want to plan a trip for the last weekend and im only staying one night if that helps thanks
camp at martis creek! under $20 a night or suns n sand lodge in kings beach, i stayed there a few weeks ago when it hailed for the first time, i think its $75 a night or something
If you camp, camp at granite flats.

It's a bit farther to drive but it's on the truckee river and just outside of town.

Posted: Sep 30, 2013 at 11:42 Quote
If you are staying a few nights, renting a condo at Northstar can be 'not bad'. Single bedroom right bellow or above the village is 340-400 out the door for three nights. OUTRAGEOUS, right? Well if you're staying elsewhere, factor your gas and time. And the fact that you can roll out of bed (an actual bed) 10 minutes before the lifts start up and you're good to go.

Posted: Sep 30, 2013 at 11:52 Quote
I spent less than $400 on my four day whistler trip. That's stupidly expensive when there are hotels less than 15min away that are a fraction of the price.

Posted: Sep 30, 2013 at 12:59 Quote
Nobble wrote:
I spent less than $400 on my four day whistler trip. That's stupidly expensive when there are hotels less than 15min away that are a fraction of the price.
$630 for 3 weeks - gas included

Posted: Sep 30, 2013 at 13:45 Quote
Wow, can I tag along next time you guys go to whistler.

Posted: Sep 30, 2013 at 20:06 Quote
rapit2theredline wrote:
hey does anybody know some good places to lodge or a good site to get really cheap deals in the village I want to plan a trip for the last weekend and im only staying one night if that helps thanks

A lot of state campgrounds are $25/night over there. William Kent is just behind N* by Lake Tahoe.

Posted: Dec 21, 2013 at 18:34 Quote
why didnt they just leave old gypsy there and rename the new one?

Posted: Dec 22, 2013 at 18:40 Quote
if there isn't enough snow to last the long winter season will they open northstar earlier this year??


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012857
Mobile Version of Website