.NORTHSTAR bike park/ski resort. *specific forum*

PB Forum :: USA - West
.NORTHSTAR bike park/ski resort. *specific forum*
Posted: Sep 30, 2014 at 16:32 Quote
meafroninja wrote:
Conditions were insane on Saturday. Best Ive ridden northstar. Snow at the top of the mountain with tackyness all the way down. Was a good day.

Views: 1,509    Faves: 14    Comments: 12

Love the little boost at the end Razz !

Nice run.

Posted: Oct 3, 2014 at 12:08 Quote
This'll be the last time I harrass you guys, would anyone be able to pick me up from Vallejo to Northstar on Sunday? Will pay in beer, gas money, and lift ticket! LMK!

Posted: Jan 19, 2015 at 15:33 Quote
hi all,
is there a time in the year when you can do both bike park and ski-ing in the same trip?
or is it one or the other depending on season?
hope that makes sense! I only have a 2-3 week trip max

Posted: Jan 19, 2015 at 15:38 Quote
Obviously the bike park isn't open while there's snow under the lifts but there's plenty of local trails you can shred... There's so little snow at the moment I've been riding all year and mostly in a t-shirt and shorts!

Posted: Jan 20, 2015 at 8:51 Quote
thanks man, makes sense Smile
i was hoping there'd be a few months in the year where both the bike trails and ski slopes were open at northstar.

i guess i'll have to choose, difficult choice though!.. since i can take my bike anywhere for dh trails, but snow is harder to find

Posted: Apr 1, 2015 at 12:25 Quote
This time last year Northstar had already released a video and set a date of opening for the MTB park. Anyone have any insight on when they might open? I'm wondering if the date might be earlier due to lack of snow during the winter season...

Posted: Apr 1, 2015 at 12:51 Quote
Pretty sure they can't open until the summer permits are in effect. So I'd imagine not until June still.

Posted: Apr 1, 2015 at 17:48 Quote
The weather here lately has been pretty crazy. If there's anything I can say about living in the Reno /Tahoe area is that it's unpredictable. Last year we had snow in May, and last week we hit 80 degrees in March. So it's hard to gauge. But last year they opened up on June 6th, and I would say this year is considerably drier. So looking at the calender I'm thinking June 5th. Again, trying to guess would be tough because of how random the weather can be in the area.

Posted: Apr 1, 2015 at 17:51 Quote
Ive been thinking about all the sick trails i have ridden on the past few years getting stoked for the dh season and came to the conclusion that northstar needs at least one pro line with really big, challenging jumps and fast steep berms. Maby something like dirt merchant or if northstar doesnt want to build jumps just cut a gnarly wide open and steep trail. Anybody else have this thought?

Posted: Apr 1, 2015 at 18:40 Quote
SkiNorcalMtb wrote:
Ive been thinking about all the sick trails i have ridden on the past few years getting stoked for the dh season and came to the conclusion that northstar needs at least one pro line with really big, challenging jumps and fast steep berms. Maby something like dirt merchant or if northstar doesnt want to build jumps just cut a gnarly wide open and steep trail. Anybody else have this thought?

I'm all for that

Posted: Apr 1, 2015 at 18:54 Quote
I'm all for a dirt merchant, but I wouldn't really call that a pro line.. but I agree, something more challanging/bigger would be really sick. although people have been asking for that for years now. we can hope, but I doubt it'll happen

Posted: Apr 2, 2015 at 8:24 Quote
Cmontjumper wrote:
I'm all for a dirt merchant, but I wouldn't really call that a pro line.. but I agree, something more challanging/bigger would be really sick. although people have been asking for that for years now. we can hope, but I doubt it'll happen

We're working really hard on getting the Sky Tavern bike park up and running and have plans for a wide range of trails from total beginner to pro. We've already chatted with a few VERY well known local pros about building a signature trail that they'd design that'd be a true expert/pro line. With those complete (and a few trails that are adjoining our property), you'd have about 4000-4500 vert to shuttle too.

Posted: Apr 6, 2015 at 9:30 Quote
RenoLaw wrote:
Cmontjumper wrote:

We're working really hard on getting the Sky Tavern bike park up and running and have plans for a wide range of trails from total beginner to pro. We've already chatted with a few VERY well known local pros about building a signature trail that they'd design that'd be a true expert/pro line. With those complete (and a few trails that are adjoining our property), you'd have about 4000-4500 vert to shuttle too.

This is where it is at.

Vail is going to operate the N* like a holding company, not a venture capitalist company. Expect N* to only make enough improvements to say in front of the profit targets Vail sets. Do not expect N* to adopt a vision of any kind (larger variety of trails... Or simply any new trails).

Sky Tavern has that vision... And obviously is working on the means to execute that vision.

Posted: Apr 6, 2015 at 11:55 Quote
Anybody know of any open shuttle roads in the tahoe area? Just went by the shuttle road for bear market and that dam gate is locked with what looked to be a clear road... Bummer

Posted: Apr 7, 2015 at 10:31 Quote
GoingOffRoading wrote:
RenoLaw wrote:
Cmontjumper wrote:

This is where it is at.

Vail is going to operate the N* like a holding company, not a venture capitalist company. Expect N* to only make enough improvements to say in front of the profit targets Vail sets. Do not expect N* to adopt a vision of any kind (larger variety of trails... Or simply any new trails).

Sky Tavern has that vision... And obviously is working on the means to execute that vision.

Love to hear that support since it's a ton of work to try to make this happen. We're up for the Bell grant to open one side of the upper mountain with a pro/expert trail and just got our own mini-x donated to start work on the lower mountain and other side as soon as the snow melts. If anyone has questions on the vision, I'm happy to answer. Make sure to vote for us with Bell!

http://www.bellhelmets.com/bell-built/sky-tavern-bike

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008235
Mobile Version of Website