.NORTHSTAR bike park/ski resort. *specific forum*

PB Forum :: USA - West
.NORTHSTAR bike park/ski resort. *specific forum*
Posted: May 21, 2017 at 9:14 Quote
One positive note is the whistler/vail merger now gives northstar access to best practice calls with whistler... so hopefully in the near future we will see the benefits of that!!!

O+
Posted: May 21, 2017 at 11:44 Quote
And alpine bike parks is building boreal. Maybe some competition will make them step it up.

Posted: May 21, 2017 at 11:51 Quote
tpersons wrote:
And alpine bike parks is building boreal. Maybe some competition will make them step it up.

I heard that as well. Boreal could be sick

O+
Posted: May 21, 2017 at 13:16 Quote
tpersons wrote:

Oh f*ck yeah. I got a place on donner summit and it'll be nice to have some actual riding up there.

O+
Posted: May 21, 2017 at 18:03 Quote
Yea hopefully they open it up to non campers semi regularly.

Posted: May 22, 2017 at 19:56 Quote
+two scrubs, three whips, and 100
One handers for boreal. Ill buy a pass for sure

Posted: May 22, 2017 at 20:00 Quote
http://www.woodwardtahoe.com/start-here/general/news/3524-mtb-bike-blog.html

Posted: May 22, 2017 at 20:02 Quote
Thats not much vertical, still excited for options but their chair to the top would be roughly lowers at the star?

O+
Posted: May 22, 2017 at 20:29 Quote
I'm not sure how everything stacks up vert wise, but Coast Gravity park doesn't have much and its unbelievable. That article says flow trails but I hope they come through with some other stuff. Like I said, CGP doesn't have much but its phenomenal, and they don't even have a lift. Pretty small but I would think boreal would be similar in size/length/elevation

Posted: May 22, 2017 at 20:48 Quote
Roughly 700 vert at cgp, 180 for castle peak quad. Couldnt help myself.

O+
Posted: May 22, 2017 at 21:03 Quote
I didnt even look at what lift they were running but I just pulled up a map, thats going to be more like a slope line than a bike park. Man 180, I figured they were going to the top which looking at the map is 770. And Cgp is 700? where did you see that? I thought it more like 4-500

Posted: May 22, 2017 at 21:04 Quote
rarrity wrote:
Roughly 700 vert at cgp, 180 for castle peak quad. Couldnt help myself.

180 feet is really gonna be difficult then. That is breadcrumbs unless they aggressively wind the trails.
Might honestly be a good place to ride, even on big bikes. Depends 100% on Alpine, and I can have confidence in that.
But they are definitely not fitting in any WC-worthy rock gardens like Northstar.

Hopefully Alpine works their magic and gives me and my wheel truing stand a refuge.

Posted: May 23, 2017 at 6:06 Quote
Pinkbike's trailforks

O+
Posted: May 25, 2017 at 9:17 Quote
Hi guys, I moved to the bay area like 10 months ago, I've been shredding all the local trails and I was looking to go up there soon for a weekend and camp somewhere close.

I've got a car with a bike rack we can fit up to 3 bikes (one on the trunk). PM me and we can organize something

Posted: May 25, 2017 at 18:34 Quote
Lashidalgo wrote:
Hi guys, I moved to the bay area like 10 months ago, I've been shredding all the local trails and I was looking to go up there soon for a weekend and camp somewhere close.

I've got a car with a bike rack we can fit up to 3 bikes (one on the trunk). PM me and we can organize something
Could be down later in the season

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.025063
Mobile Version of Website