PB Forum :: USA - West
.NORTHSTAR bike park/ski resort. *specific forum*
O+
Posted: Jul 18, 2017 at 9:05 Quote
rarrity wrote:
That was sick! f*ck my life, need to quit my jobs and ride my bike

dont quit.... need that med insurance lol

Posted: Jul 23, 2017 at 15:05 Quote
Anybody using a Fox Float X2 up at northstar? I'm on an Enduro and it has the olins air... I was hitting sticks pretty hard started to feel the rebound fade after the first section.... how does the x2 hold up to on the rough stuff?? and yes I know there are coil options but with the proprietary link I don't have a lot of options....

Posted: Jul 23, 2017 at 18:40 Quote
falkyn wrote:
Anybody using a Fox Float X2 up at northstar? I'm on an Enduro and it has the olins air... I was hitting sticks pretty hard started to feel the rebound fade after the first section.... how does the x2 hold up to on the rough stuff?? and yes I know there are coil options but with the proprietary link I don't have a lot of options....

I have one on the back of my M16 and have never noticed fade with full runs of Karpiel or Sticks. No problems at all, love it.

Posted: Jul 23, 2017 at 21:18 Quote
Same deal here. Didn't notice any fade or stiction, and I beat that shock to absolute sh*t.
I'd say look into a DVO Topaz and a Float DPX2 as well, both excellent performers for the weight and price.

Posted: Aug 2, 2017 at 10:52 Quote
I can't make the Northstar CA Enduro race and have a transfer to sell. Was $175 I'll sell for $100 to anyone who is interested since it isn't sold out. PM me. Thanks.

Posted: Aug 2, 2017 at 15:39 Quote
Johndiodati wrote:
I can't make the Northstar CA Enduro race and have a transfer to sell. Was $175 I'll sell for $100 to anyone who is interested since it isn't sold out. PM me. Thanks.

Oh snap I might be down

Posted: Aug 3, 2017 at 21:20 Quote
Found some pics from Boonies this last weekend... http://snapped4u.com/galleries/8130

Posted: Aug 12, 2017 at 18:21 Quote
I'm curious what people think is the best trail at N*. Drop your personal favorite or favorites. I'll keep track, and whichever one gets the most mentions is it. Not talking about overall quality or what others think, just which one trail you personally like the best. It can be any one trail, even little connectors like manure pile.

Posted: Aug 13, 2017 at 20:47 Quote
TheTrailNinja wrote:
I'm curious what people think is the best trail at N*. Drop your personal favorite or favorites. I'll keep track, and whichever one gets the most mentions is it. Not talking about overall quality or what others think, just which one trail you personally like the best. It can be any one trail, even little connectors like manure pile.

Pho Dog

Posted: Aug 14, 2017 at 10:34 Quote
Who's all headed up this weekend?

Posted: Aug 14, 2017 at 12:18 Quote
Favorite trail at Duststar has gotta be Livewire, especially Sections 3 and 4.
Best trail for whip trains. Current personal record is 8 people. Couldn't stop laughing!

Posted: Aug 19, 2017 at 13:24 Quote
Who's riding tomorrow?

Posted: Aug 19, 2017 at 22:42 Quote
me2menow wrote:
Who's riding tomorrow?

I would hope that everyone will be up tomorrow, with this afternoon's rain it'll gonna be a good one Big Grin

O+
Posted: Aug 20, 2017 at 13:49 Quote
Yesterday was INSANE. On my last lap it started hailing on the Vista lift, then just dumped rain for about 20 minutes while everyone huddled under trees. Once I was soaked through and the lift had stopped I decided to just try to make it to the car as fast as I could, which ended up being Flamout - Karpiel - full Dogbone. There were so many puddles in front of jumps, and water rushing down the trail. I felt like f*cking Danny Hart smashing through rocks on Dogbone and sliding down the last chute into the berms. Probably the best run of my life, I got too stoked to be cold.

Posted: Aug 20, 2017 at 20:09 Quote
I'm so excited for next weekend. Buying the tickets well in advance gets you stoked like you've never been stoked before! Anybody have any guesses on how the course should shape up by the weekend? https://www.wunderground.com/weather/us/ca/truckee

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.026073
Mobile Version of Website