.NORTHSTAR bike park/ski resort. *specific forum*

PB Forum :: USA - West
.NORTHSTAR bike park/ski resort. *specific forum*
Posted: Aug 19, 2018 at 19:28 Quote
krumpdancer101 wrote:
Woop woop!!!!! Saw on a poster At northstar August 24-25 2019 will host the EWS!!!
are you a juggalo?

Posted: Aug 19, 2018 at 20:48 Quote
me2menow wrote:
krumpdancer101 wrote:
Woop woop!!!!! Saw on a poster At northstar August 24-25 2019 will host the EWS!!!
are you a juggalo?

Not sure what that is.

Posted: Aug 24, 2018 at 14:24 Quote
Trying to ride the park tomorrow, maybe. Is that even a thing during CES?

I'm sure it will be a jam packed house... I see stage 1 is on Woods, stage 2 is Coaster, and 3 is a combo of Sticks/ Karpiel/ Dogbone. Transfers on Tryumph, Crossover and Zephyr.

So I'm wondering if Livewire, Boondocks, and Gypsy might still be open tomorrow?! Theres definitely some trail crossings involving the race in there. Any ideas anyone?

Posted: Aug 24, 2018 at 15:05 Quote
FRED-01 wrote:

I'm sure it will be a jam packed house... I see stage 1 is on Woods, stage 2 is Coaster, and 3 is a combo of Sticks/ Karpiel/ Dogbone. Transfers on Tryumph, Crossover and Zephyr.

So I'm wondering if Livewire, Boondocks, and Gypsy might still be open tomorrow?! Theres definitely some trail crossings involving the race in there. Any ideas anyone?

Shit Show today, hard to ride for sure with all the people. I was just trying to ride livewire, but got cut off multiple times on trail crossings, tough conditions! I just took 2 laps and will stay away until monday.

Posted: Aug 24, 2018 at 15:09 Quote
FRED-01 wrote:

Yea gonna deff suck and once fans are up on the mountain walking everywhere good luck.

Posted: Aug 24, 2018 at 16:00 Quote
Guermo43 wrote:
FRED-01 wrote:

Shit Show today, hard to ride for sure with all the people. I was just trying to ride livewire, but got cut off multiple times on trail crossings, tough conditions! I just took 2 laps and will stay away until monday.

Best source of info is their twitter feed, I dunno why they do not take the time to update the web site.
https://twitter.com/northstarmtn

According to that, yes those trails will be open. But doesn't Coaster cross all three of those?

Posted: Aug 27, 2018 at 20:26 Quote
fgiraffe wrote:
Guermo43 wrote:
FRED-01 wrote:

Best source of info is their twitter feed, I dunno why they do not take the time to update the web site.
https://twitter.com/northstarmtn

According to that, yes those trails will be open. But doesn't Coaster cross all three of those?

NSmtn Twitter is run by mountain opperations, not marketing (who runs the website). That's all I'll say.

Posted: Sep 2, 2018 at 11:42 Quote
I got to ride northstar for the first time as part of the CES and I was blown away with how gnarly some of the natural stuff is. The brown powder mixed with hige rocks was something I have never seen down here in so cal so it was like learning to ride again. That was an insanely physical weekend of racing.

I like that they have a large variety of trail types. My gf was able to navigate the flowey blue trails(booster, kickback, lower woods) no problem and it was her first time ever in a bike park.

The guys in reno are spoiled to have such a great park so close. Even with such a big event going on there were zero lift lines.

Posted: Sep 2, 2018 at 12:37 Quote
Austink wrote:
I got to ride northstar for the first time as part of the CES and I was blown away with how gnarly some of the natural stuff is. The brown powder mixed with hige rocks was something I have never seen down here in so cal so it was like learning to ride again.

Interesting perspective. I've never looked for much riding in SoCal (aside from Mammoth) because I figured it WAS just like N*: brown silt and rocks. Where do you ride in SoCal that is different?

If you can catch N* after it rains it's even better.

If you have not ridden the rest of Tahoe, make sure to set aside some time next trip. N* is OK, but really the rest of Tahoe is great too.

Posted: Sep 2, 2018 at 14:04 Quote
Down here in san diego and even extend that up to big bear it is loose dirt but not as fine or powdery. We have rocks but not as big of rocks, more like baby heads. We just don’t have stuff as chunky as what I saw on trails like karpiel/sticks and stones. I am sure riding it during a huge race weekend made things more gnarly as it was super blown out.

Snow summit is the closest lift assisted bike park to me and everything there is pretty well groomed. Last season they took out the last real rock garden. I was totally surprised at the downhill left turn rock garden on woods. That was more chunk than the closest black diamond rocky trail I ride often.

Posted: Sep 3, 2018 at 9:50 Quote
Anyone know where to look for pictures from Sundays Sept 2 Northstar livewire race? Lots of photographers but no idea where to look

Posted: Sep 3, 2018 at 14:07 Quote
jcw72392 wrote:
Anyone know where to look for pictures from Sundays Sept 2 Northstar livewire race? Lots of photographers but no idea where to look

https://bixxel.media/photo-galleries/

Posted: Sep 3, 2018 at 21:33 Quote

Filmed by buddy Matthew Sterling on some Northstar trails. He also took 3rd in a stacked pro field.

Posted: May 5, 2019 at 12:28 Quote
How's the snow pack melting up there?

The cams make is look like it's still basically skiable.

Posted: May 10, 2019 at 7:12 Quote
It's melting fast for sure, temps have been good as well. Theyve set the date and we all know they aren't going to up the time table. Seems to me like midjune should be solid for a top to bottom opening though.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.027727
Mobile Version of Website