.NORTHSTAR bike park/ski resort. *specific forum*

PB Forum :: USA - West
.NORTHSTAR bike park/ski resort. *specific forum*
O+
Posted: Jun 17, 2020 at 10:17 Quote
rarrity wrote:
IMO, they're sitting on a gold mine.

Yep, a lot of that was already in the 10 year plan that they published a few years ago. More blue trails, an alpine slide, etc. Unclear how much the $$$ they've lost to COVID will affect that though.

Posted: Jun 17, 2020 at 17:18 Quote
fgiraffe wrote:
rarrity wrote:
IMO, they're sitting on a gold mine.

Yep, a lot of that was already in the 10 year plan that they published a few years ago. More blue trails, an alpine slide, etc. Unclear how much the $$$ they've lost to COVID will affect that though.
IMO the biggest issue with their park is trail design. The trail crew is basically all winter staff who need a job to get through the summer. They have very few people there who are cyclists first and foremost.

I think if they brought in an outside group like gravity logic or momentum trail concepts to design their trails, the park would be much better and trails would actually need less maintenance because there would be less awkward braking points and stuff like that.

For example there are many locations where there are berms that tighten at the end. This forces you to brake late which destroys the turn and makes the issue worse. An experienced builder or designer would know how to better construct trail features like that.

Posted: Jun 18, 2020 at 13:50 Quote
Pretty sure Gravity Logic did Livewire. And masks, don't get me started on how much of a joke that is. Not to mention that as long as you don't stand next to someone your not with, you automatically social distance at least 6 feet... Chair capacities cut in half and we're golden.

The bad news is they finally updated the website and said we're boned until at least July. They won't be giving us an update on the bike park until July. I hate Vail. So much. I was looking at Summit's webcam last weekend and that shit was popping off.

Posted: Jun 25, 2020 at 12:27 Quote
Northstar will open the bike park on the 10th of July. Looks like no Vista all season long... Frown

Posted: Jun 25, 2020 at 15:31 Quote
And no Mondays! And closures on vista! And they don't have the new trails on the map! Buying that mammoth pass.

Posted: Jun 26, 2020 at 3:23 Quote
No Vista no bueno.

O+
Posted: Jun 26, 2020 at 9:57 Quote
rarrity wrote:
And no Mondays! And closures on vista! And they don't have the new trails on the map! Buying that mammoth pass.

That’s what I did they already have over 30 trails open

Posted: Jul 24, 2020 at 1:11 Quote
What a shitshow up there so far. Full Price Season Passes, no livewire, no vista, no monday tuesday wednesday. Huge lines biggest i've ever seen midweek.

O+
Posted: Jul 24, 2020 at 11:46 Quote
How long are the lines? Typical weekend length but during the week? Or are they longer than that?

Posted: Jul 24, 2020 at 12:50 Quote
They've got me by the balls... Mammoth closes first week of September and the drive is a bit much to justify. Lines definitely suck but if you time it right you can smash a few. I had to cut out early last sunday at like noon, the line was past vista onto that dirt road.

Posted: Jul 25, 2020 at 10:32 Quote
Are they planning to open livewire at least?

O+
Posted: Jul 26, 2020 at 22:01 Quote
Ya it was f*cked yesterday 30 minute waits to get on zephyr definitely not going back

Posted: Jul 28, 2020 at 11:34 Quote
bridgermurray wrote:
Are they planning to open livewire at least?
Livewire was open from section 3 and down as of last Saturday. It was just groomed and riding fast. They are supposedly opening sections 1&2 very soon if not already.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.021730
Mobile Version of Website