Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 10:15 Quote
katman05 wrote:
erik74 wrote:
katman05 wrote:
Aluminum Hardtails

No good for street/park/dj.

Chromo only

another one i hear alot. especially when after i picked up the amp
i agree. theres nothing wrong with them, infact, for the weight weenies out there, theyre lighter! my 08 Norco 125 frame weighs somewhere around 4.87 lbs (saw a scale shot). and it rides great.

yeah my amp is one of the best feeling DJ frames ive ever ridden. and it weighed in a 4.25 lbs
ya, thats insanely light. you could drop more than a pound off all the cro-mos, out there by swapping it for an amp, cuz ive never seen a cro-mo under 5.25 pounds.

but ya, they handle stuff fine. its a huge stereotype, but at the same time, it kind of makes you want to buy a cro-mo. im gonna try to hold that urge off though! Jailbreak

Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 12:31 Quote
Some guy asks for advice on what xc/am bike to get and before you know it people are saying he should get something with 6" plus travel with double track rims because anything less wouldn't be suitable for 10 foot drops.

Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 12:35 Quote
Royston wrote:
Some guy asks for advice on what xc/am bike to get and before you know it people are saying he should get something with 6" plus travel with double track rims because anything less wouldn't be suitable for 10 foot drops.
umm6 inch with single tracks is fine for 10 ft drops...

Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 12:40 Quote
dellow wrote:
Royston wrote:
The point I was making is the guy wants a xc/am bike not a bike capable of winning rampage.

Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 12:41 Quote
Royston wrote:
dellow wrote:
Royston wrote:
The point I was making is the guy wants a xc/am bike not a bike capable of winning rampage.
ya i know get a s-works there pretty nice

Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 12:44 Quote
ginj wrote:
Haha I know I know. Mine still sends as two messages if I go over 256 characters, or 8 bits for you technical people Wink

Actually if you want to get technical 8 bits is in fact 1 character as most services use either ASCII or UTF-8 encoding which both represent a character with 1 byte of data!

Your network must suck if you're not allowed to send more than one letter at a time Razz

Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 12:50 Quote
dellow wrote:
Royston wrote:
dellow wrote:

ya i know get a s-works there pretty nice

Last time I saw the rampage you needed to do more than a 10 foot drop to win it lol

Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 17:31 Quote
spoonyman wrote:
Actually if you want to get technical 8 bits is in fact 1 character as most services use either ASCII or UTF-8 encoding which both represent a character with 1 byte of data!

Your network must suck if you're not allowed to send more than one letter at a time Razz

No wonder I failed my ICT Frown I believe I meant to say 8 Bytes?

Posted: Mar 30, 2009 at 15:21 Quote
I love the fact that some people completly miss the point of the OP

eg: "Looking for xc forks under £200" & people stating they need £450 Totems/Lyrics or whatever!

Just a passing observation... Big Grin

Posted: Mar 31, 2009 at 3:29 Quote
lol, yeah - this thread went down the shitta a while ago! - it was fun for a bit though!

Locked.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009848
Mobile Version of Website