Is DRIVER 8 gonna be a hit?

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Is DRIVER 8 gonna be a hit?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Mar 2, 2009 at 23:23 Quote
photo

was on the santa cruz site and pressed bike builder on the Driver 8. got a view i've never sen before and i thought it looked damn nice. what do you guys think? Is it gonna be a popular respected bike/frame or a complete fail?

Posted: Mar 2, 2009 at 23:25 Quote
bighit888 wrote:
was on the santa cruz site and pressed bike builder on the Driver 8. got a view i've never sen before and i thought it looked damn nice. what do you guys think? Is it gonna be a popular respected bike/frame or a complete fail?

To me i dont think it will...its just like the V10 but less travel...then again it might be a hit...looks like a v10 but isnt made for Racing...might be the new all around v10

Posted: Mar 2, 2009 at 23:26 Quote
to me its a freeride version of the v-10. didnt like it at first with the seat tube stretching way back but it has really eaten away at me

Posted: Mar 2, 2009 at 23:29 Quote
bighit888 wrote:
to me its a freeride version of the v-10. didnt like it at first with the seat tube stretching way back but it has really eaten away at me

yea to me it looks funny lol looks like the v10 but the seat is way back farther

Posted: Mar 2, 2009 at 23:30 Quote
i think it will be, it looks good. also the v10 is a full race bike and it does quite a lot of the work for you. for someone who isn't into racing it might be more fun to have something a little more lively. but then again, 8 inches is enough for what most people will throw at it.

Posted: Mar 2, 2009 at 23:33 Quote
mikey-vee wrote:
i think it will be, it looks good. also the v10 is a full race bike and it does quite a lot of the work for you. for someone who isn't into racing it might be more fun to have something a little more lively. but then again, 8 inches is enough for what most people will throw at it.

I can understand what you mean...something that looks all fancy like a v10 with less travel but can still haul

Posted: Mar 2, 2009 at 23:51 Quote
They are advertising it as a big mountain all condition bike.. Freeride, DH, Park.. the everymans DH bike.. if they can pull it off it will be a hit. Personally I like it better than the V10 based on looks.. but I am not a huge DH race fan.

Posted: Mar 3, 2009 at 0:06 Quote
shondo wrote:
I want one.

so do i , but the price tag is throught the roof !!
it's like 2400 just for the frame :S

O+
Posted: Mar 3, 2009 at 1:34 Quote
2400?? that's what? like 5 visits to the sperm bank... IF YOU QUALIFY? Joker MAKE THAT MONEY BABY!

Posted: Mar 3, 2009 at 2:39 Quote
ralbisurez wrote:
2400?? that's what? like 5 visits to the sperm bank... IF YOU QUALIFY? Joker MAKE THAT MONEY BABY!

some one has been watching too much of MANswers...Beer

FL
Posted: Mar 3, 2009 at 3:03 Quote
I think it will be a bg hit as I believe the non-serious dh racers would buy it over the v10 as it will have the capability to do alot more than the v10 i.e climb abit butkeeping its racing pedigree

Posted: Mar 3, 2009 at 3:47 Quote
bighit888 wrote:

agreed its that stupid sticky out bit at the back that kills it for me,was so looking forward to this bike too oh well never mind keep looking.

Posted: Mar 3, 2009 at 4:52 Quote
It's a Santa Cruz and Santa Cruz bikes alway's sell eaven if this isn't as good looking as the V10.Great Bikepark bike i think that cost way less than a V10,times off the financial crisis the cheaper bikes will sell more than the more expensive bikes these days.This will be a good investment for the wallet.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.035964
Mobile Version of Website