Wide Bars Or Narrow?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Wide Bars Or Narrow?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Mar 3, 2009 at 7:25 Quote
I was riding at the park yesterday and i saw this guy on a '06 P2 looked pretty sweet, but his bars!!! they were "31" bars and they were HUGE!!! So now its your choice, wide bars, or narrow? You decide...

P.S: I ride with "24" so thats pretty narrow.

Posted: Mar 3, 2009 at 7:27 Quote
I find that narrower bars are easier to hop and manny with.

Posted: Mar 3, 2009 at 7:34 Quote
i like to ride with around 27-29" bars, depends on how they feel. and theyre are alot of threads abou this already, just to let you know.

Posted: Mar 3, 2009 at 7:48 Quote
well i rock the 30" bars for downhill, it gives me way more controll at higher speeds. when im dirt jumping or at the park however i dont want to be too wide so i cant do x-ups and not too narrow (24) so my elbows are tucked in. im usually at 25-27 with park bars

O+ FL
Posted: Mar 3, 2009 at 8:14 Quote
I've got one set or 21"s one set of 23" and one set of 25". I like the 25 for my hardtail wouldn't go bigger but on my bigger bike I like the stability that the wider bars give. So I'd like a set around 28".

Posted: Mar 3, 2009 at 9:35 Quote
it depends on how big you are i used to ride 23 but now hav about 25-26 on boath bikes (bmx and 24 mtb)
i hav m8s who think bigger is better and he rund 29s now and he is smaller than me and it makes his bike ride shit (24inch mtb)

Posted: Mar 3, 2009 at 9:37 Quote
I honestly couldn't tell ya but i think a good size is about an inch and a half wider than your shoulders either side.

Posted: Mar 3, 2009 at 9:40 Quote
Stoked-Commencal wrote:
I honestly couldn't tell ya but i think a good size is about an inch and a half wider than your shoulders either side.
yer you r proberally right it depends on the size of the rider how silly would it be if u had a 4 foot kid rideing 29inch bars ?

Posted: Mar 3, 2009 at 9:40 Quote
I ride djs with 29inch bars, Wider bars give you more control of the bike and feel generally better!

Posted: Mar 3, 2009 at 9:45 Quote
i ride the 31.5" fsa gravity lights om my dh bike, I LOVE the insane amounts of control an stability over the rough stuff at high speeds, but at lower speeds the are a bit cumbersome................

Posted: Mar 3, 2009 at 9:48 Quote
I have, and always will ride with my bars uncut and wide. What I don't like is that ever since Slambars came back into fashion in BMX, people think I am a generic trend follower just for riding wide bars...all because its the fashion.

Posted: Mar 3, 2009 at 9:51 Quote
batesy44 wrote:
Stoked-Commencal wrote:
yer you r proberally right it depends on the size of the rider how silly would it be if u had a 4 foot kid rideing 29inch bars ?

there is such a kid on here,well maybe not 4 foot but he looks stupid none the less.

i ride 28 inch bars at 6,3 and there pretty damn comfy anything wider and its just fashion.

Posted: Mar 3, 2009 at 9:53 Quote
I'm rollin on transisiton T-bar30's. the 30" bar took a little getting used to, but I'll never go back. Super stable for DH. ...Although I have been clipping trees more often...

Posted: Mar 3, 2009 at 13:52 Quote
JackScrim wrote:
I ride djs with 29inch bars, Wider bars give you more control of the bike and feel generally better!
you can go too wide and make it less contrallable for instance the rider will hav to wide bars and hav jump with the bars truned all the time and risk crashing or looking like a proper goon!!!!

FL
Posted: Mar 3, 2009 at 13:55 Quote
narrower bars for dj but really wide bars for downhill so much more stability and easier to squash/pum with!

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010305
Mobile Version of Website