Rock Shox Pike vs. Fox Float 32

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Rock Shox Pike vs. Fox Float 32
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 3, 2009 at 11:42 Quote
Lord21 wrote:
Unhallowed wrote:
Lord21 wrote:

Well actualy, a Fox Float is cheaper than the RS Pike 426 and 454, but it is the R version (only rebound and air pressure adjust), 2008 model, brand new (Fox Vanilla RLC the same price). The thing i like about the fox is: a) it's Fox b) it has standard 8mm QR so i won't need to change my hub
really? odd
I'm not really big on either company so I don't memorize the msrp's... usually fox is more expensive. usually.
you are very true, Fox products are very expensive, and their clothing line has some astronomical prices
not as pricey as oakley! but oakley is Drool worthy.

but yea, if you can go for a fox, then do it. so nice.

Posted: Mar 3, 2009 at 11:50 Quote
James116 wrote:
It took me ages to choose what forks a wanted. As it took me AGES! To save up the money (£580.00) I was wondering weather it was worth it if I should spend the extra cash and get the Tf tuned, push'd pike 454 or get the Argyle. As I do a bit of everything including Dirt, Street, Cross Country and Rarely Light Freeride. I spoke to tftuned and they asked me for my weight, Bike and type of riding I do. They then changed the BRAND NEW! spring in my pike for the appropriate type (x-Stiff) I got them within 3-4 days with the Standard spring thrown in too and £50 off my next service with them! They also installed the Push'd Damping which is un-believable! Feel so smooth and I always feel in control when bombing it down hill or a local Cross country track! IF you plan on keeping the forks for years to come then I highly advise you to save abit more and go the extra mile and get the ultimate pike.

Since I got my forks I have never looked back. Well worth the money!

My 2 Mounth old forks have been riden hard. Steps, Drops, Dirt jumps and more. My Pike has held up just fine. I have never had a issue with flexing. The forks feels so lush!

http://www.tftunedshox.com/push-sales/push-rockshox-forks.html

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/RSPushvsStock.html
wow thanks dude. I never knew you could do those things to your fork, and the prices are not as sky high as i expected. Let me get this clear, 450 quid for the whoel fork or just for the tuning parts? Either way, i will stick to the pike, because i saw a servicing video and it is dead simple, i can do this myself (i serviced my rs psylo, RS are very easy to work on and user friendly)

Posted: Mar 3, 2009 at 12:10 Quote
I paid 580 pound for the entire system, That meant 2009 pike 454 Fork, Labour, Machine work, Push'd Damping, Custom Rebuild and Postage Basically the Hole Lot!

35 - 50 pound discount on 1st service.

Seems expensive but they are truely awesome people! Tim is the headman who I spoke to and he personally did my forks and they arrived on the days he said. I even got a Text saying when they had been Dispatched.

Posted: Mar 3, 2009 at 12:11 Quote
Push'd Damping = Friggin Awesome!

Posted: Mar 3, 2009 at 12:15 Quote
Read MBUK Issue 235 (march 09). Has reviews on all forks in this category. Says Float is by far the best!

Posted: Mar 3, 2009 at 12:19 Quote
James116 wrote:

when your fork is lonely and unsatisfied because you haven't been riding it enough...this is what it does.lol

Posted: Mar 3, 2009 at 12:41 Quote
why not look at the fox 36 it has a 20mm bolt through and therefor will be as stiff as a pike.

Posted: Mar 3, 2009 at 14:47 Quote
MR-STP2 wrote:
why not look at the fox 36 it has a 20mm bolt through and therefor will be as stiff as a pike.

Price.

Posted: Mar 3, 2009 at 15:00 Quote
Unhallowed wrote:
Lord21 wrote:
Unhallowed wrote:

really? odd
I'm not really big on either company so I don't memorize the msrp's... usually fox is more expensive. usually.
you are very true, Fox products are very expensive, and their clothing line has some astronomical prices
not as pricey as oakley! but oakley is Drool worthy.

Fox is pricey, i spent a fortune on a helmet, hoddy's hats t-shirts gloves even a wallet... and fox main pro's but oakley makes them...

but yea, if you can go for a fox, then do it. so nice.

Posted: Mar 3, 2009 at 15:17 Quote
pikes will withstand huge drops. i hit a 20 footer with my 454 air u-turns many times and they're still mint. very, very versatile fork.

Posted: Mar 3, 2009 at 15:20 Quote
jv86416 wrote:
pikes will withstand huge drops. i hit a 20 footer with my 454 air u-turns many times and they're still mint. very, very versatile fork.
gap? what kinda height? flat landing? sloped landing?

Posted: Mar 3, 2009 at 15:26 Quote
my pike is sick with 95-140mm travel

Posted: Mar 4, 2009 at 3:46 Quote
lafalot wrote:
James116 wrote:

when your fork is lonely and unsatisfied because you haven't been riding it enough...this is what it does.lol

lol Smile )) that is pretty extreme, like going downhill with 60 mph on a washboard...

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012898
Mobile Version of Website