Chicopee Slopestyle Event

PB Forum :: Canada - East
Chicopee Slopestyle Event
  • Previous Page
O+ FL
Posted: Mar 3, 2009 at 12:03 Quote
Hey Guys

I am currently trying to work with bike companies and Blue mountain to establish a small slopestyle competition at blue mountain resort.

Before people say you are not serious and it wont happen the point of this thread is for me to demonstrate that people are interested in the idea so please keep the negative comments to yourself.

Post three things,

1. if held would you attend
2. Spectator or rider (keep in mind there will be categories by age and sub categories in ability)
3. Comment on how awesome it would be!

Posted: Mar 3, 2009 at 12:11 Quote
I think it would be awesome to get something like that going. Im not much of a slopestyle competitor, but i love the riding style and would definetly enter and see how i do. I just hope this thing could actually go through and happen

O+ FL
Posted: Mar 3, 2009 at 12:14 Quote
Yeah that would be pretty awesome!
But I think you posted this in the wrong section. Should be in the Canada East not US.

O+ FL
Posted: Mar 3, 2009 at 12:15 Quote
EuroBiker wrote:
Yeah that would be pretty awesome!
But I think you posted this in the wrong section. Should be in the Canada East not US.
oops your right i just read east coast! how do I change that?

Posted: Mar 3, 2009 at 12:18 Quote
Id definitly go and spectate. There was suppose to be one about 2years ago but cancelled.

Really should be one, theres numeruous contest throught eastern,central and western why not blue mtn

Posted: Mar 3, 2009 at 12:24 Quote
That would be pretty awesome. I would check it out. Not to sure about competing though.

Posted: Mar 3, 2009 at 12:39 Quote
this is a great idea
i would definately come watch and possibly ride depending how this year goes
but blue mtn should definately do this

Posted: Mar 3, 2009 at 12:57 Quote
That would be dope! Blue is well known for winter obviously but it needs to get more word out about their summer activity and this would be a great way to do so! I deffinatly think they should do that to let people know that after the inncodent with that kid who though he was tough s*** broke his neck and sued them and made Blue take down the terrain, they are back! Anyways hope it all works out and it would deffinatly be a success if it does happen.

Posted: Mar 3, 2009 at 13:03 Quote
I would most definately attend it, and depending on the level of course difficulty, might complete. Just out of curiousity, do you know where/what run the course would be held on?

Posted: Mar 3, 2009 at 13:17 Quote
i'd enter just to see how i do, and to have some fun. i think this is a great idea i know so many people that would enter and just also spectate.we need something like this to happen.

Posted: Mar 3, 2009 at 13:18 Quote
definately attend, might compete, sounds like an awesome idea!

Posted: Mar 3, 2009 at 13:18 Quote
Yoooo I would soo go in that!!

Posted: Mar 3, 2009 at 13:19 Quote
i would enter for the fun of it, theres is little to no slopestyle comps in ontario so it would be so sick and fun to ride. i live in newmarket idont care if its a 2 hour drive. it would be so sweet

O+ FL
Posted: Mar 3, 2009 at 13:22 Quote
questions that have been raised are location of the course... this has yet to be determined

Also people saying "might compete" I'm trying to have it so that there are like three age categories and within the age categories beginer intermediate and expert... so everyone should have a place to fit!

Posted: Mar 3, 2009 at 13:28 Quote
nextchase wrote:
questions that have been raised are location of the course... this has yet to be determined

Also people saying "might compete" I'm trying to have it so that there are like three age categories and within the age categories beginer intermediate and expert... so everyone should have a place to fit!
so obviously fi the question of a slope style comp is on the table would this mean that there building there jumps again this year?

If so the slope style jumps could be on either Happy Valley the old Terrian bike park that got scrapped because kids were being air lifted or they could build something on the top of the hill near the pump track theres alot of space for a DJ comp Razz

I used to only go to Blue for the jumps I go on my Hard tail on my Birthdays and shit. good times

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009870
Mobile Version of Website